Injury news

Commandant

11 hours ago, tomh009 said:

"might not be sidelined too long" -- isn't that what we thought last September, too?

Back injuries are simply hard to call i think and just not good start to his season, once again.

Sound more encouraging for Suzuki at least.

9 minutes ago, TurdBurglar said:

Just read this on Facebook, so take it with a grain of salt.

When Price gets back to Montreal, Price and Hughes are holding a press conference where they are expected to announce Price will miss the entire season.

I think we all expected this but what will be important to me is the treatment plan. 

He needs surgery and if he isn’t getting it then I think Price is done for good. 

2 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

I think we all expected this but what will be important to me is the treatment plan. 

He needs surgery and if he isn’t getting it then I think Price is done for good. 

Also, it was reported that Hughes has invited Price to stay with the team this season ... IMO that will also be telling even if Price pursues surgery and rehab ... surgery could just be for a better quality of life going forward ... staying in Montreal with supervised rehab would IMO reflect a more serious intent career-wise.

1 hour ago, GHT120 said:

Also, it was reported that Hughes has invited Price to stay with the team this season ... IMO that will also be telling even if Price pursues surgery and rehab ... surgery could just be for a better quality of life going forward ... staying in Montreal with supervised rehab would IMO reflect a more serious intent career-wise.

That is a very good point about rehab in Montreal vs doing things separately

18 hours ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

That is a very good point about rehab in Montreal vs doing things separately

THIS doesn't look like someone planning to be in Montreal

Carey Price (@cp0031) • Instagram photos and videos

Josh "Spidey" Anderson?

THE AMAZING SPIDEY - ZBrushCentral

30 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Josh "Spidey" Anderson?

THE AMAZING SPIDEY - ZBrushCentral

guess I am not the only one who thought of this:

Suzuki back in a regular practice sweater.

1 hour ago, tomh009 said:

Heineman may have hurt his back sliding into the end boards (unintentional trip)

This is one of those weird cases.  I get the sense the Habs would prefer to keep Heineman in North America.  They don't gain full assignment control over him until December 1st so if he was to suddenly be out for six weeks or so, they might not mind that.  From there, he can get a conditioning assignment and voila, then it'll be December 1st and they'll be able to send him down.  Same idea as Norlinder last year.

(Or it's a minor thing and he's back next week at which point they have to send him back to Sweden.)

We haven’t seen Paul Byron at training camp, and it could be a while before we see him again. Ongoing problems with his left hip, the same one he had surgery on in July 2021, are preventing him from skating and are starting to cloud the rest of his career.

- Marc Antoine Godin, The Athletic

Interesting read ... it seems likely Byron is heading to LTIR and may well never return.

EDIT:  ***** IF ***** HuGo are confident Paul will be on LTIR all season, they ***** may ***** want to take advantage and add a contract (defenceman likely) before the start of the season to maximize LTIR benefits. 

1 hour ago, tomh009 said:

Both Heineman and Armia are waiting for medical assessment so it seems that neither will likely be available for the start of regular season.

how fortunate for Evans, Pitlick, Pezzetta to start the season on the NHL roster instead of risking being traded or waived

4 hours ago, GHT120 said:

EDIT:  ***** IF ***** HuGo are confident Paul will be on LTIR all season, they ***** may ***** want to take advantage and add a contract (defenceman likely) before the start of the season to maximize LTIR benefits. 

I don't think they have to do that move before the start of the season.  They'll need to go into LTIR just to roster a 23-man group and then will need wiggle room beyond that for in-season recalls when there are other injuries.  I think they'll go that route now which will allow them to determine if Byron is indeed able to come back at some point.

2 minutes ago, Plutarch said:

Has Evans not been out played this preseason?

by Monahan and Dach. But his contract is very team friendly and he is a very good 4th liner

Armia out 1-2 weeks

Heineman thumb out 6 weeks

Edmundson skated today no timeline yet

Matheson day to day lower body injury

Suzuki, Hoffman, Dvorak back at practice today.

still no timeline for his return

Once Edmundson is back in the lineup and plays a few games *** IMO *** HuGo should start to listen to offers if anyone calls ... I fear two more years of recurring back injuries ... especially with the team most likely having little "to play for" this season and only a bit more next.

Not an injury report per see, but a very good article on the process of rebuilding Gallagher to full health. I think he will make Dadonov and Hoffman redundant where before we had Gally projected as a drag-down on the cap and an untradeable contract

28 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Not an injury report per see, but a very good article on the process of rebuilding Gallagher to full health. I think he will make Dadonov and Hoffman redundant where before we had Gally projected as a drag-down on the cap and an untradeable contract

It would be nice ... but I'll believe it when I see it for an extended period.