Injury news

Commandant

33 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

Unless Edmundson is expected back soon ... ?

The fact they're saying they don't know how long he'll be out after being out this long isn't good.  Considering it happened a month ago in a pre-camp practice and it's still up in the air, it's safe to infer he's going to be out for a while yet.  And with how much time he missed with a back issue last season, they're going to be cautious.

1 hour ago, dlbalr said:

At two months, now I really wonder if they go out and look for another depth d-man.  I know there's some young depth that can be shuffled back and forth but that's a lot of playing time to cover in the meantime.

So much for being healthier this year.

18 minutes ago, tomh009 said:

Which is how we ended up in last place last season.

That ad the fact the team quit on their useless coach. I can’t see them finishing last this year. Bottom 5 - sure. But Marty will have them still show up- regardless of injuries.

3 hours ago, hab29RETIRED said:

That ad the fact the team quit on their useless coach. I can’t see them finishing last this year. Bottom 5 - sure. But Marty will have them still show up- regardless of injuries.

We could finish last with a goalie injury or two. Behind this depleted blue line having rough goaltending would be game over.

9 minutes ago, Plutarch said:

We could finish last with a goalie injury or two. Behind this depleted blue line having rough goaltending would be game over.

Actually after seeing more Philly news I take it back. Staffers getting cancer from the building, Torts named in suits for verbal-abuse of staff... Caused by miscommunication between Tortz and Fletcher.

I think Philly may have last locked up.

19 minutes ago, Plutarch said:

I think  there is a chance, but I think it’s going to be hard to finish behind Chicago and Phoenix who are clealry TRYING hard to finish last.

9 minutes ago, Plutarch said:

Actually after seeing more Philly news I take it back. Staffers getting cancer from the building, Torts named in suits for verbal-abuse of staff... Caused by miscommunication between Tortz and Fletcher.

I think Philly may have last locked up.

Philly may also have a chance as well, but they aren’t actively selling assets for 10 cents in the dollar like Chicago is. 

• Like 1

On 10/14/2022 at 12:02 PM, hab29RETIRED said:

Philly may also have a chance as well, but they aren’t actively selling assets for 10 cents in the dollar like Chicago is. 

[Flyers] Transaction: We have recalled forward Zack MacEwen and defenseman Louie Belpedio from the Phantoms and have placed defenseman Rasmus Ristolainen on Injured Reserve.

we didn't even call up Belpedio last season lol yikes

6 minutes ago, Plutarch said:

[Flyers] Transaction: We have recalled forward Zack MacEwen and defenseman Louie Belpedio from the Phantoms and have placed defenseman Rasmus Ristolainen on Injured Reserve.

we didn't even call up Belpedio last season lol yikes

@dlbalr does Zack MacEwen have a connection to our franchise? The name seems familiar but his hockeydb doesn't indicate anything.

44 minutes ago, Plutarch said:

@dlbalr does Zack MacEwen have a connection to our franchise? The name seems familiar but his hockeydb doesn't indicate anything.

Might you be thinking of Todd Ewen (89-93)?

Jayden Struble missed last game, was guessed he is injured.

I just got no confidence this kid will be a pro player in the end, but WTF do i really know.:spamafote:

Further medical examinations, perhaps (per WiFi) to his wrist:

1 minute ago, GHT120 said:

Further medical examinations

I hope the Habs are not making him the next Armia by keeping him in the NHL where he is not yet confortable on the smaller ice 

1 minute ago, alfredoh2009 said:

I hope the Habs are not making him the next Armia by keeping him in the NHL where he is not yet confortable on the smaller ice 

Don't really see how this relates to his injury ... wrist injuries happen in every league across the planet ... for a variety of reasons ... none of which IMO relate to not being comfortable.

Carey spoke to the press ... the main theme apparently is, as he must say in order to receive the remaining payments on his contract:

Here is a link to the full press conference

32 minutes ago, GHT120 said:

Carey spoke to the press ... the main theme apparently is, as he must say in order to receive the remaining payments on his contract:

Here is a link to the full press conference

That was a really great interview with Price. 

There is zero hope that he plays again. 

He did say that he still wants to win a cup in some capacity…coach? 

22 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

That was a really great interview with Price. 

It was one of his better.

23 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

There is zero hope that he plays again.

You know that, I know that but he can't say that until after the last paycheque is cashed.

25 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

He did say that he still wants to win a cup in some capacity…coach? 

I don't see him as a coach ... at least behind the bench ... maybe as a goalie coach/consultant ... maybe in management.

Dont think thats an issue.  Savard, Pronger and Weber all admitted that their injuries were career ending before cashing their last cheques.

I think Price is a competitive guy.  He knows that its 95% certain hes done but he is still hoping for the 5% where his knee heals and he can play.