Injury news

Commandant

Already $3M+ into LTIR, with MaxPac's $7M back on LTIR look who just became a potential big-time player at the trade deadline.

Already $3M+ into LTIR, with MaxPac's $7M back on LTIR look who just became a potential big-time player at the trade deadline.

1 hour ago, Habs Fan in Edmonton said:

I sure hope he is OK but it doesn't look good. Never like to see anybody get hurt.  No question that Carolina is all in and will be looking to replace him if he is out for the year. 

I agree ... he injured his Achilles tendon before training camp and had it surgically repaired; now the same leg has given out again (and it had the appearance of a classic Achilles injury) ... I am not certain I recall a player in any sport coming back from two serious Achilles injuries to the same leg. 

So I guess Byron will retire this offseason? I thought he would have been a good deadline pickup at 50% retained for a contender if he was back on the ice this year, he was always a solid playoff performer.

Wouldn't have beaten the Leafs without his epic third period dangle in game one.

1 hour ago, GHT120 said:

I agree ... he injured his Achilles tendon before training camp and had it surgically repaired; now the same leg has given out again (and it had the appearance of a classic Achilles injury) ... I am not certain I recall a player in any sport coming back from two serious Achilles injuries to the same leg. 

Markov is the closest I can think of... Langdon?

45 minutes ago, alfredoh2009 said:

Markov is the closest I can think of... Langdon?

Did they have two, to the same leg?

Re-torn Achilles confirmed

3 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Oh, no. Terrible news about Patches ☹️

Tough break personally and professionally ... he is a pending UFA ... with what I am certain will be a lengthy recovery after surgery (assuming he does want to come back) somebody could potentially get quite a bargain next season.

9 hours ago, GHT120 said:

Did they have two, to the same leg?

knee on knee to injure the same leg again:

https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/canadiens-confirm-markov-out-long-term-with-right-knee-injury-1.575256

then a third intervention one to clean it up

https://nhl.nbcsports.com/2011/12/05/habs-markov-undergoes-third-knee-surgery-in-18-months-out-4-6-weeks/

Not the same injury (knee vs Achilles) but similar in that it happened after coming back from the same thing

Caufield out for the season news was a real gut-punch....my one reason to watch games in their entirety on the regular in this rocky season is now gone.  This is great for the tank I guess, but I'm still pissed.  The 'hockey gods' can go F themselves!

12 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

knee on knee to injure the same leg again:

https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/canadiens-confirm-markov-out-long-term-with-right-knee-injury-1.575256

then a third intervention one to clean it up

https://nhl.nbcsports.com/2011/12/05/habs-markov-undergoes-third-knee-surgery-in-18-months-out-4-6-weeks/

Not the same injury (knee vs Achilles) but similar in that it happened after coming back from the same thing

Recovery from multiple knee injuries is now common (much to Bobby Orr's chagrin) ... I specifically said two injuries to the same Achilles tendon.

1 hour ago, DON said:

Per The Athletic:

• Caufield will undergo surgery “in the near future” and an update on his recovery timetable will be issued after the procedure.
  • Caufield — who played 17-plus minutes in Thursday’s loss to Florida — has been playing through the injury for a while, per the team.

$64,000 Question: why did they let him play "for a while", or did a more minor injury get aggravated against Florida?  If surgery was always the eventual solution, why risk the injury becoming more serious and incapacitating him (i.e., rendering him unable to play)?

There is also the matter of how this impacts contract negotiations ... will the Habs have concerns about how much term to offer?   ... will CC want term for security?  

A shred of good injury news

1 hour ago, DON said:

Ouch!!  Double Ouch!!   That really sucks!!   He is so much fun to watch.  My only concern now is that it will not be a lingering injury and he gets 100% healthy for next year.  He was almost guaranteed to score against Toronto. 

3 minutes ago, Dalhabs said:

Is it time to bring an exorcist soon to scare away the demons/ghosts of the forum?

Over the summer ... not now.

From I read,via Eric Engles, I think , his agent (Brisson) believes shutting him down now will allow him to be ready for training camp next season