Injury news

Commandant

2 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Excellent point. Maybe guys like Price and Weber would have had (even longer) careers if they hadn’t routinely being playing through injuries because the team desperately needed them. As you say, we have no way of knowing whether the team is being extra precautionary, or whether something else is afoot (either crazy bad lucky, or problems in managing injured guys).

Obviously the foot bone connected to the leg bone. I sure hope the medical staff didn’t say “well, his foot will be fine” while overlooking the dangers to other parts of the body caused by compensating for an injury elsewhere. Presumably they are pros who would not omit that info. Whether the team was too deferential to the player is another question, though, and a fair one.

Well you also have to keep in mind the players are who don’t always inform the training/medical staff fully, or decide themselves they are good to go. I remember the year that Price went to the Olympics, there was a lot of talk then, That he shouldn’t have been playing. He also missed time before and after the Olympics. 

2 hours ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Doubt that we will see them again this season but this is a good step

Forgot Evans was still on team.

Agreed we will prolly not see them play this year tho.

7 hours ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Doubt that we will see them again this season but this is a good step

All three are expected back within the next couple of weeks.  They want to get Laval's players back to them for their playoff push so barring a setback, I expect all three will see action in the final few games with the Habs.

32 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

All three are expected back within the next couple of weeks.  They want to get Laval's players back to them for their playoff push so barring a setback, I expect all three will see action in the final few games with the Habs.

What a boost to the Rocket because they are all playing so well at the NHL level. 

I genuinely dig Belzile and would have no problem playing him on the 4th for a full season 

10 hours ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

I’ve got to question Marty’s use of Guhle if he has been playing with braces on both knees. 

We are playing meaningless games….why push an injured player?

Its all about development this season not wins/losses, didnt you hear.

1 hour ago, DON said:

Why does it seem so obvious and wasnt avoided?

Sorry to keep going on and on about this, but really bugs me at the moment.

Maybe you are coming out of the spell from MSL and Hugh-Gort.

They have done some good things but some devision have been disastrous 

I hope the organizations fixes any problems they have had with regards to injuries and that they avoid this situation next season

2 hours ago, DON said:

Why does it seem so obvious and wasnt avoided?

Sorry to keep going on and on about this, but really bugs me at the moment.

Guhle had a reason to get to 42 games which qualified him for some of the 'A' bonuses (ATOI and blocks) so he'd have been pushing for those as each of them is worth over $200,000.  Considering he will wind up with 44, there's a good chance this was an important factor for him.  (And for anyone wondering, no, the Habs couldn't have just gone ahead and paid them anyway without him qualifying, that would be a CBA violation.)

11 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

Guhle had a reason to get to 42 games which qualified him for some of the 'A' bonuses (ATOI and blocks) so he'd have been pushing for those as each of them is worth over $200,000.  Considering he will wind up with 44, there's a good chance this was an important factor for him.  (And for anyone wondering, no, the Habs couldn't have just gone ahead and paid them anyway without him qualifying, that would be a CBA violation.)

Hughes.... " Yah, we may need to protect the players from themselves sometimes." 

And was noted (maybe i am misremembering?) Caufield also just snuck in some bonus by playing injured then pulled the plug.

1 hour ago, Neech said:

Goddamit, Anderson is out for the rest of the season. The Sergachev curse has longer legs than previously thought.

Given the way his ankle bent when he hit the post a high ankle sprain which means he will be good for next season is a good scenario.  I was worried he broke something or tore ankle ligaments.  It bent weird.

2 hours ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Good lord man shut the guy down 

They still testing his level of resiliency, so he will play in April, no fear:popcorn:.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DON said:

They still testing his level of resiliency, so he will play in April, no fear:popcorn:.

put rice in his skates and make him try all those hot sauces on the tv program, ffs!

via GIPHY

The Habs are definitely hobbling to the finish line. No hope to improve lottery chances and having ground down the most promising prospects to IR

7 hours ago, alfredoh2009 said:

who may be next? Suzuki? 

He has yet to miss a game in his NHL career so he's either due or going to play through whatever might be ailing him to keep the streak going.

4 hours ago, dlbalr said:

He has yet to miss a game in his NHL career so he's either due or going to play through whatever might be ailing him to keep the streak going.

with this medical staff and player-pleading (bonus pay chasing) coaching staff : they may play him down to a grinding injury halt

34 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Why didn’t Monahan get surgery before if that was required?

Cursed team

and mismanaging injuries, reminds me of the Any given Sunday movie

YARN | 101. You lightheaded? | Any Given Sunday (1999) | Video gifs by ...