Injury news

Commandant

32 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

How bout World Juniors?

I don't think he would want to give up the NHL paycheques.

And I think he's already past the point of playing in that tournament, it would do nothing for his development.  He's too good for that.  AHL is better hockey, so there, if anything at all. 

And I don't think the Habs would want him there without the NHL/AHL insurance. 

I think he gets back in the Habs lineup when he's ready to go.  At most he spends a weekend (2 games) in the AHL. 

On 11/18/2019 at 2:40 PM, Trizzak said:

Ryan Poehling is also injured.

So ... Mete is back. And we think Kotkaniemi tomorrow.

But we're still missing Drouin, Armia, Byron and Peca. And Laval has Poehling, Belzile, Juulsen, Varone, Weise and Hudon injured. That's a pretty long list. Fortunately most of them are not major injuries.

1 hour ago, tomh009 said:

So ... Mete is back. And we think Kotkaniemi tomorrow.

But we're still missing Drouin, Armia, Byron and Peca. And Laval has Poehling, Belzile, Juulsen, Varone, Weise and Hudon injured. That's a pretty long list. Fortunately most of them are not major injuries.

Poehling isnt injured.  You are responding to an old message.  Poehling is up with the Habs.

On 12/27/2019 at 11:48 AM, BCHabnut said:

Armia is a huge loss. He has been so good this year. 

Yes, it's been a lot of fun watching him finally put it all together.

Fingers crossed that Gallagher is not seriously concussed, but you really have to think he'll be out for a while from that bonk on the coconut.

We'd better hope against hope that Drouin comes back really strong.

24 minutes ago, BCHabnut said:

Habs need to play 500 while these top 6 guys are out. If they can do that, maybe a second half point streak can save their season.

With Drouin, Gallagher and Armia -- three of our top scorers -- all out of action, and Price still struggling, I have now turned quite pessimistic about this season's playoff chances. But maybe, just maybe, this will precipitate a new course of action for Bergevin, and force him to go all out on youth.

6 hours ago, Trizzak said:

Dutch Gretzky was called up, which suggests that Gallagher will not be playing in today's game. 

Add Weise, subtract Gallagher. UGH. 

This would certainly be the moment for KoKo and Suzuki to come up big. The latter has already done so and will likely continue to.

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Add Weise, subtract Gallagher. UGH. 

That’s part of improved depth for the year.  Can’t have enough AHL 4th liners.

7 hours ago, Trizzak said:

Dutch Gretzky was called up, which suggests that Gallagher will not be playing in today's game. 

Yep - to bad he’a the Dutch Keith Gretzky.