Injury news

Commandant

The cube. How many players under 5'10 can you actually ice?

I also put him back with Markov, Subban with Gorges I guess, Diaz and Murray.

At least when you split Markov and Subban up it will allow 2 pairs to get the puck out of the end.

I think it'll be Murray. He consistently gets the lowest ice time so logically he'd probably be the one to get the rest.

Yeah...we wouldn't want to actually ice a tough blueline for once :rolleyes: Heavens forfend.

So Moen had the shits but he could only make it to the girls' bathroom in time and then some popular girls came in and were talking but they heard him in the stall and they told everyone.

you have that on good authority do you? :)

you have that on good authority do you? :)

Oh yeah they told everyone. Well I heard it from Nicki who heard it from Juli who knows Madison's boyfriend who heard it from one of the girls who was there. Moen was SO humiliated and now no one wants to talk to him and he eats his lunch alone.

• Upvote 2

Last season, Bouillon got more ES time than Diaz while Emelin was top two in ES minutes per game. Won't be the same this year. It'll be Cube's time cut due to Emelin returning. Emelin will also take Murray's spot on the PK. The one place where Emelin doesn't cut someone's minutes is PP where Bouillon is an absolutely atrocious choice for the PP2. That's probably what keeps Cube's job on the squad over Murray.

That said, Markov/Gorges/Diaz/Murray was by far our SH pairings and Therrien might want to keep Murray there until Emelin is 100% healthy. It's far more important to not weaken the PK due to the silly penalties we tend to take and our PP is second only to Washington due to three men on the backend. We can slot a guy like Emelin with Diaz and be fine on the PP2 but removing Murray for Emelin too early could be a risky move. That's where the argument is to keep Murray out there over Cube.

Of course the bias factor for Cube but I could see the team rotating Murray and Cube depending on the game when Emelin returns.

Christian Thomas skated in Hamilton today (he had been with the Habs up until now). That suggests he's close to returning and the way the Habs are giving youngsters a chance, I have to presume he may get a look once he shakes off the rust in Hamilton. At the very least, he'll come off the cap soon once he gets the green light.

Guest Stogey24

I think it'll be Murray. He consistently gets the lowest ice time so logically he'd probably be the one to get the rest.

Murray is playing a pretty solid game right now. A few hiccups, but he's a big dude who is helping out our P.K. His size is needed in the line up.

Murray is playing a pretty solid game right now. A few hiccups, but he's a big dude who is helping out our P.K. His size is needed in the line up.

I don't disagree. I just don't see Bouillon getting pulled. There's a big gap between his ice time and Murray's, it's clear that Therrien trusts Bouillon more. I think that's what will make the decision.

I don't disagree. I just don't see Bouillon getting pulled. There's a big gap between his ice time and Murray's, it's clear that Therrien trusts Bouillon more. I think that's what will make the decision.

7 d-men?

Did Habs play with 7 d-men any last year?

Murray brings something no other d-man does, Boullion is mediocre at all (but I still think he is still "OK" 3rd pairing character guy).

But Yemelin will be top 4 and eat 20minutes or more, but hopefully not pushed into that for a while. And Diaz -Murray seems better pairing than Frankie and Diaz.

Do we have Prust and Emelin in tonight?..

From the official website;

Among the positives that the Canadiens can look forward to as they get set to play their 20th game of the 2013-14 campaign is the return of both Alexei Emelin and Brandon Prust, both of whom are accompanying the team to Ohio. While neither will dress against Todd Richards’ contingent on Friday night at Nationwide Arena, the possibility that both the hard-hitting rearguard and the power forward could potentially suit up against the Rangers on Saturday night at the Bell Centre is not out of the question.

He's in because Gallagher isn't likely to go. He wasn't supposed to play originally.

This makes no sense if it's the case. If he's not ready he shouldn't be put in because someone got the flu. I get a bad feeling that he's rushing back in again and it'll cost us and him down the road.

This makes no sense if it's the case. If he's not ready he shouldn't be put in because someone got the flu. I get a bad feeling that he's rushing back in again and it'll cost us and him down the road.

I think he's ready, I think though that they didn't want to put him in back-to-back and wanted to keep him for the more physical opponent in NYR. They have no other option, however, if Parros isn't healthy as Dumont's back in Hamilton. They could go with 7 D but again, it forces one of them into a back-to-back right off the bat. If Gallagher isn't feeling better tomorrow, I expect Prust will be scratched and someone will come up from Hamilton to take his place.

The flu hit Moen and then Gallagher, has it stopped there?

There are some strange rumours of Bourque suffering concussion symptons even though he supposedly has a lower body injury.

The rumours seem to step from a comment Brian Wilde had on Twitter. Nowhere on there though did it say that he has a concussion; in fact, the tweet that started those reports said at the end, "Right now, he's likely symptom free." He won't play tomorrow though.

The rumours seem to step from a comment Brian Wilde had on Twitter. Nowhere on there though did it say that he has a concussion; in fact, the tweet that started those reports said at the end, "Right now, he's likely symptom free." He won't play tomorrow though.

Brian Wilde has clarified.

1) Bourque's concussion was REALLY bad last year, really scary symptoms.

2) He currently has no symptoms.

3) He currently has a lower body injury.

4) Wilde's opinion is that based on the number of concussions Bourque has had and how serious his last one was, he should retire before the next one happens. Again he does not have one now.