SOOPAVILLIN

Guest Stogey24

This how I would put the lines:

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Gallagher ---> offense

Galchenyuk - Briere - Vanek ---> offense

Eller - Plekanec - Gionta ---> shutdown

Moen - White - Prust ---> energy

Bournival/Bourque/Wiese/Parros ---> extras

If Eller is to be the next Plekanec, then no better than to have Plekanec as his linemate. Also, Plekanec and Gionta should no longer be counted on for offense and should focus on shutting down the opposing team's top line. Vanek needs better playmakers and Briere and Galchenyuk are better suited. 1st line well no explanation there.

Vanek plays LW and I'm sure he'll be staying on that side. The only way I would put him on the right side if he was put with Pac and DD. Then you run the EGG line and get Eller back scoring before playoffs.

I like BCHabs4Ever lines. All you have to do is flip Galchenyuk and Vanek around. Galchenyuk hasn't played much right wing but I can't see him having trouble adapting. I'd just tweak with:

Patches - DD - Gallagher

Vanek - Briere - Galchenyuk

Prust - Plekanec - Gionta

Moen - Eller - White/Weiss

If we went with the EGG line again I like Stogey's idea of Vanek with Patches and DD. Stack the top line.

I think Vanek should definitely play at LW if that's been his position his whole career, even if we have a big surplus in that position. I wouldn't split up the Desharnais line as that's been the only consistent offensive threat for us. It makes sense to give Vanek a few games to get chemistry with Pleks, but I also feel like Galchenyuk was starting to show some life on that line.

It seems unlikely that Briere, who's been a marginal player for us all season, will be given a top 6 centre spot with two of our top wingers. I also don't like the idea of putting Galchenyuk at RW.

Guest Stogey24

I like BCHabs4Ever lines. All you have to do is flip Galchenyuk and Vanek around. Galchenyuk hasn't played much right wing but I can't see him having trouble adapting. I'd just tweak with:

Patches - DD - Gallagher

If we went with the EGG line again I like Stogey's idea of Vanek with Patches and DD. Stack the top line.

Imagine Galchenyuk 2 years from now in-between Pac and Vanek(I know Vanek ain't resigning). Now that's a first line. I do wonder if Galchenyuk ever returns to centre though.

Guest Stogey24

Let's get creative.

Vanek - Galchenyuk - Gallagher

Pacioretty - DD - Eller

Briere - Plekanec - Gionta

Prust - White - Moen

It's too bad Eller isn't having a Breakout year. If he was scoring this line up starts looking pretty good!

Patches - DD - Gallagher

I also agree with Stogey's. We need three lines that can score, but it is time to give Galcheynuk a chance at center and we need to make room for Prust.

I know it won't happen, but I wish we saw this:

Pacioretty-Desharnais-Vanek

Eller-Plekanec-Gionta

Prust-Galcheynuk-Gallagher

Moen-White-Weise

(Bourque, Briere, Parros,Bournival) --> with these player rotating on the 4th line

===

Emelin-Subban

Markov-Patryn --> the last few games of the season may be a good time to try this,

Murray-Tinordi

(Bouillon,Weaver)

Edited by alfredoh2009

Guest Stogey24

I also agree with Stogey's. We need three lines that can score, but it is time to give Galcheynuk a chance at center and we need to make room for Prust.

I know it won't happen, but I wish we saw this:

Pacioretty-Desharnais-Vanek

Eller-Plekanec-Gionta

Prust-Galcheynuk-Gallagher

Moen-White-Weise

(Bourque, Briere, Parros,Bournival) --> with these player rotating on the 4th line

===

Emelin-Subban

Markov-Patryn --> the last few games of the season may be a good time to try this,

Murray-Tinordi

(Bouillon,Weaver)

The problem with that third line is that Prust can't keep pace. Therrien has tried it before and it was like Prust was a step behind every play. I think Galchenyuk and Gallagher should be put back together though. If Galchenyuk can find his way at centre it will be huge for this team.

At the end of the San Jose game Briere was tapping some of the sharks guys on the ass saying good game. After a game you just get blown out in and dirty hits were being thrown you shouldn't even be talking to the opposing team after the buzzer. He's such a little bitch and has zero compete. He's the exact opposite of what Montreal needs.

Vanek - Galchenyuk - Gallagher. Toss Eller on the Patches - DD line.

Why split up our only good line? I'd keep Gallagher with DD and Patches, his chemistry with them has really improved. Maybe put Briere on the right side of Chucky and Vanek, or Eller with them.

Because we're not winning right now and have an opportunity to create a stronger top nine?

Or hurt the one line that's working. You'd think that adding Vanek should help create a stronger top nine without taking backwards steps.

Or hurt the one line that's working. You'd think that adding Vanek should help create a stronger top nine without taking backwards steps.

In 2011-2012 we had one line that worked and three that didn't. Where did that get us?

We need four lines working. If that means experimenting, so be it. Therrien does it when the team is losing anyway.

In 2011-2012 we had one line that worked and three that didn't. Where did that get us?

We need four lines working. If that means experimenting, so be it. Therrien does it when the team is losing anyway.

I really don't care who is playing with whom. Nice to good looking options though.

I think every coach experiments with lineups when lose a game or two, part of coach job description I think.

And lines are changed from period to period by every coach, so are very few lines that stick for long, more player pairs are kept together isn't it, than whole lines?

Bottom line, a good player will do well with anyone, if given the icetime (a la Gallagher).

It really doesn't matter that Gionta is off, when Bourque is on.

Gionta was off the PP in the San Jose game. Only 7 seconds of PP time for him in the entire game.