Line combinations?

SOOPAVILLIN

Uggh captain josh? I want captain plek. When we trade gorges, Briere and a 2nd for Bieksa.

I think Plekanec would need to at least be voted 'A' first and he aint got that yet, so why would he be a non-leader to being voted captain, he game hasn't changed in 10 years (cept fewer lazy penalties these past few years)?

I think Plekanec would need to at least be voted 'A' first and he aint got that yet, so why would he be a non-leader to being voted captain, he game hasn't changed in 10 years (cept fewer lazy penalties these past few years)?

Subban, Gallagher , Plex are the only three guys I would be happy with if they were made captain.

Subban, Gallagher , Plex are the only three guys I would be happy with if they were made captain.

Don't even think Subban was captain in junior and if teammates/coaching staff first gave him an A for a year, same as #14, they possibly considered.

Gorges is my only choice (unless Markov suddenly warms up to stupid inane media questions), after Gionta retires in another 2 years. But Gallagher in a few years or Plekanec anytime is fine by me.

Those would be my 3 choices, with a stronger preference for Subban and Gally

I hope Gionta is playing somewhere else for the next two years and we move gorges!

Don't even think Subban was captain in junior and if teammates/coaching staff first gave him an A for a year, same as #14, they possibly considered.

Gorges is my only choice (unless Markov suddenly warms up to stupid inane media questions), after Gionta retires in another 2 years. But Gallagher in a few years or Plekanec anytime is fine by me.

Gallagher for Captain but maybe too much pressure at this point. Gionta for............the guy who left for another team. Hey lets make Molson happy and make Briere Captain. :wall:

Sadly I could actually see that playing out

Gallagher for Captain but maybe too much pressure at this point. Gionta for............the guy who left for another team. Hey lets make Molson happy and make Briere Captain. :wall:

Plekanec would not be a good choice as captain IMO. I would prefer Max Pac a lot. Even Gally would do a better choice. Gorges is not good enough as a player to do the job. You don't know if he will remain with the team very long. IMO he should not.

I am a little confused about the Briere hate everyone knew what we were getting in him. A one dimensional streaky small top 6 centre. He has had zero minutes in that capacity, yet has put up points nicely for the time he has been given. I believe if he had DD minutew, his points would be equal.

Guest Stogey24

I am a little confused about the Briere hate everyone knew what we were getting in him. A one dimensional streaky small top 6 centre. He has had zero minutes in that capacity, yet has put up points nicely for the time he has been given. I believe if he had DD minutew, his points would be equal.

DD has way better vision than Briere.

We hated him back then too.

Yep, we knew he was washed up and not what the team needed, and we were right.

I remember dlbalr had an underwhelming prediction of about 40 points, and he's nowhere near that.

I remember dlbalr had an underwhelming prediction of about 40 points, and he's nowhere near that.

I also figured he'd be playing more than 12 minutes a game, closer to 16 was what I had pegged. He's going to finish with between 25-30 points from the looks of it getting 3rd line ice time. If he had 2nd line ice time, he'd probably be around the 40.

I'm okay with Briere getting 30 points a season as long as the team is winning. Would we rather him have a monster year but we miss the playoffs? This is a team sport and this current group is built on the fact that on any given night anybody can step up and score. It is extremely unrealistic to expect that our top 9 forwards all have great years. It's like saying that Jagr would be putting up the same numbers here as he is in New Jersey, simply not true. He is getting much more ice time and opportunity there than he would here, and that speaks volumes about their team not ours. That being said, let's judge Briere on the entire season including playoffs and the success of the team, not individual numbers.

I'm okay with Briere getting 30 points a season as long as the team is winning. Would we rather him have a monster year but we miss the playoffs? This is a team sport and this current group is built on the fact that on any given night anybody can step up and score. It is extremely unrealistic to expect that our top 9 forwards all have great years. It's like saying that Jagr would be putting up the same numbers here as he is in New Jersey, simply not true. He is getting much more ice time and opportunity there than he would here, and that speaks volumes about their team not ours. That being said, let's judge Briere on the entire season including playoffs and the success of the team, not individual numbers.

:thumbs_up:

I would like to :thumbs_up: Don's :thumbs_up: please....

I'm not so sure Briere won't turn into a really valuable player come playoff time...

I surprised at all of the trade Georges stuff.

People have to manage expectations, he does a lot of little things that teams need to win, he is a perfect bottom 3 guy.

That said I wouldent want him as Captain. I think age is a factor so I dont see Gallagher or Subban getting the C just yet.
Markov and Plek are the 2 obvious candidates should Geo depart, however if he is willing to be reasonable on term and rate I thing MB would like to keep him around for the next two years, I could see him getting the same deal as Briere got.

Didn't Markov reject the captaincy last time around? He's a shy guy and doesn't want the hoopla.

No question in my mind, Pleks should be captain. He is the glue guy in that entire forward unit. And he's been here long enough to have seen it all. Gorges is a leader but ultimately too expendable to wear the "C." Subban would be next in line, I'd imagine, in, say, 5 years' time.

I want Markov as a captain. Out on the ice, you can see all of the players looking to him during stoppages for instructions, he would be a very cerebral captain. There's no one else who deserves it more.

Yes, so does he need a C on his shirt? He does all but the 'media' part or speaking with Refs as much. Which he is likely fine with and prefers?

Guest Stogey24

In the end it's still up to the locker room.

I'd love to see Subban with the C but guys might not get motivated by him the way you'd want a captain to motivate.

If I went with who I thought players would pick it would be Markov or Prust.

Did you see Plek skate by the bench and high five the entire team after they killed off his 4min major. That's captain material to me.

Pleks doesn't strike me as a leader at all. He's just a guy who quietly works hard. I guess he's nearing Markov status of being a fixture on the team for so long that he's considered a leader, but it doesn't seem like a role that he warms to or excels at.