Leafs vs Habs, Oct. 22, 7 PM

dlbalr

You can't leave your stick on the ice as you are moving to your right to make the initial save, it would slow you down.

Which is why I mentioned the first part of my post. Mostly, I agree with you. On this particular play, I'm not entirely convinced. Still, deflection, so I can't place blame.

No way, like Darche was on for almost the whole PP. That has nothing to do with the coach! :rolleyes:

Darche over Cole. All respect to Darche who has achieved more than most would have expected, but Cole is a bonified scorer. I simply cannot agree with Darche instead of Cole unless there's some injury/other issue that we don't know about.

Ummm.. Gionta wasn't skaing and just waiting for a pass from Pleks - this is not the greatest period. There seems to be no chemistry between the players.

Darche over Cole. All respect to Darche who has achieved more than most would have expected, but Cole is a bonified scorer. I simply cannot agree with Darche instead of Cole unless there's some injury/other issue that we don't know about.

Indeed, that was an attempt at internet sarcasm. It's ridiculous how the players are being played. They're all in the wrong roles.

This team has been poorly prepared since the exhibition season. They have no PP to speak of while they are poor 5-5.. not a recipe for success.

Our big acquisition was Cole.. a big winger who can go to the net.. we have a 5-3 and he sits on the bench... If he is out of favor already, what do we do for the next 4 years we have him.

Cole is BRUTAL on PPs... he was never acquired to play on the PP. He had 3 goals and 8 pts.on the PP last season, while playing over 225 minutes of PP time. Awful. For comparison Darche had 2 goals and 7 pts in 79 minutes.

Cole was acquired to help 5 on 5.

AND HOW THE HECK IS THAT NOT GOALIE INTERFERENCE?

Indeed, that was an attempt at internet sarcasm. It's ridiculous how the players are being played. They're all in the wrong roles.

I did read the sarcasm loud and clear. ;-)

Cole is BRUTAL on PPs... he was never acquired to play on the PP. He had 3 goals and 8 pts.on the PP last season, while playing over 225 minutes of PP time. Awful. For comparison Darche had 2 goals and 7 pts in 79 minutes.

Cole was acquired to help 5 on 5.

AND HOW THE HECK IS THAT NOT GOALIE INTERFERENCE?

So we are paying that much for a guy we don't want on the PP or PK.. sigh...

So we are paying that much for a guy we don't want on the PP or PK.. sigh...

We are paying for a guy who scored 22 goals at ES last season. Scoring goals at ES has been a weakness of this team for 2 years. PP has been a strength of this team for a long time, and it will be fine as soon as we get Markov back.

Cole is the big forward we want to help us at ES, hopefully he has more plays like that last shift and the pass to Cammy.

We are paying for a guy who scored 22 goals at ES last season. Scoring goals at ES has been a weakness of this team for 2 years. PP has been a strength of this team for a long time, and it will be fine as soon as we get Markov back.

Cole is the big forward we want to help us at ES, hopefully he has more plays like that last shift and the pass to Cammy.

Then he needs more ice time. If he is not playing on the PP, he should be playing a ton of ES time.. he hasn't been so far. He should be playing with a top end center, not that we have anyone besides Pleks right now.

The only problem with getting someone solely for 5v5 is that the game is won and lost, by and large, with special teams. If he can score goals at even strength, then why on earth should he not be given a really ample opportunity to do the same on a PP that's seriously struggling? AFAIC, that's nonsensical.

I don't care if Reimer is in net, he doesn't save that either.

And then Kessel steals the puck and pots to even the score. Gorges just handed the puck away.