Panthers vs Canadiens - October 24th 7:30 EST

Natural Mystic

Pretty good period overall although Cammalleri backing away on the PK proved costly. Of the special teams complaints I've seen, I'm surprised I haven't seen more about him actually playing the PK as defence isn't his forte. Both newcomers had solid shifts early on which was also nice to see.

Here's an interesting stat from the period:

Number of faceoffs taken by Eller: 10 (4 wins)

Number of faceoffs taken by the rest of the Habs: 12 (7 wins)

Eller has played about a minute less than Plekanec but has taken 7 more faceoffs. That's hard to do.

One more noteworthy stat. The Habs' TOI leader in the 1st? Yannick Weber at 7:45. Far be it from me to start an unfounded rumour but with 17 scouts from 11 different teams in the stands, I can't help but think showcase.

Here's an interesting stat from the period:

Number of faceoffs taken by Eller: 10 (4 wins)

Number of faceoffs taken by the rest of the Habs: 12 (7 wins)

Eller has played about a minute less than Plekanec but has taken 7 more faceoffs. That's hard to do.

One more noteworthy stat. The Habs' TOI leader in the 1st? Yannick Weber at 7:45. Far be it from me to start an unfounded rumour but with 17 scouts from 11 different teams in the stands, I can't help but think showcase.

ended up having RDS in hotel here, so I've been able to watch the gaem. Team looked better then the last two games, but this is FLorida. Will be pissed, off if Weber gets traded.

Oh and Budaj gets bumped and no response by habs :angry2:

Goal changed to Cole's.

Markstrom is keeping his team alive.. Habs have played much better, but they need to win this.

Yep and Cole has no place on the PP :wall: Good call Penguin!

This would be the wrong time to trade Weber, I really hope that is not what they do.

Unless they want to sell everything and give up on the year less than a month and 10 games in.

4th line has looked good.

But 30 mins carrying the play and no lead to show I have a bad feeling.

Which player had the blinders on and missed the pinching defenseman on that rush?

It was a brilliant opportunity squandered.

Cole and he was just too soft on the pass he did see Diaz though.

May as well get to my stat of the period early in the intermission this time. Subban is 5th in Habs' TOI for defenceman, only ahead of Spacek who clearly is being eased back into the lineup. Weber still leads for those wondering; when you consider the coach didn't feel comfortable playing him as a defenceman two and a half weeks ago, that makes this stat even more surprising.

Only one question so far:

Does JM feel particularly stupid after Cole scored?

Because he should.

He should feel stupid because the puck barely glanced off his skate? That could've happened to anyone. I think he'd be more likely to have a change of heart when Cole actually does something on the PP rather than just have something happen to him.

By the way, forget the bloggers and fans, but are all the pro pundits now wondering what the hell Martin is doing as well?

I thought so.

I'm a big fan of Martin's. I'm also very aware of the fact that he has a shelf-life. Sour Milk Martin is past due.

He should feel stupid because the puck barely glanced off his skate? That could've happened to anyone. I think he'd be more likely to have a change of heart when Cole actually does something on the PP rather than just have something happen to him.

He was in front of the net and if he does that GREAT he is a huge forward and above average hands.

Him over Darche ANY DAY on the PP.

He was on the ice and made something happen.

He was in front of the net and if he does that GREAT he is a huge forward and above average hands.

Him over Darche ANY DAY on the PP.

Darche usually is in that same spot when he's on the powerplay (that's why he's there) - I'm fairly sure the same thing would've happened if he was there. Heck, I'm still not convinced the puck actually hit Cole; if it did, it grazed him by a millimeter.

He was on the ice and made something happen.

Yes and no - he stood in front of the net. Out of the 5 players on the ice, he did the least to create the goal in terms of puck movement, skating, etc. Something good happened, absolutely, but in that instance, I think the same would've happened with Darche or pretty much anyone that isn't overly small in front.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking Cole here but I'm not about to call a goal that just ever so glances off of him enough evidence to say that he has to be out there on the PP. (That said, Darche doesn't need to be there either, I agree there...)