Hurricanes @ Canadiens - November 16, 2011

bar

<p align="center">

584-habs-hurricanes.jpg

<p><br />

<table style="border-collapse: collapse;" align="center" border="0" bordercolor="#111111" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="500">

<tr>

<td align="center">91.png

<!-- enemy team jersey image here http://www.jerseydat...ts/1/9/1922.png -->

</td>

<td align="center">

69.png <!-- http://www.jerseydat...onts/0/0/69.png HOME http://www.jerseydat...onts/0/0/70.png away -->

</td>

</table>

<table style="border-collapse: collapse;" align="center" border="1" bordercolor="#111111" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="500">

<tr>

<td align="center" bgcolor="#bb0000" style="color:#000000" colspan="2"><b><u>Projected Lines</u></b></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td align="center">Carolina Hurricanes:</b></td>

<td align="center">Montreal Canadiens:</b></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td align="center" width="50%" bgcolor="#eaeaea">

<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0" style="border-collapse: collapse;" width="100%">

<tr>

<td>

<b>FORWARDS</b><br />

Skinner - Jokinen - Ruutu <br />

Staal - Sutter - LaRose <br />

Ponikarovsky - Brent - Dwyer <br />

Tlusty - Dalpe - Boychuk <br />

</td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td>

<b>DEFENCE</b><br />

Kaberle - Joslin <br />

Harrison - Gleason <br />

Allen - McBain <br />

</td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td>

<b>GOALIES</b><br />

Ward <br />

Boucher

</td>

</tr>

</table>

</td>

<td align="center" width="50%" bgcolor="#eaeaea" align="center">

<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0" style="border-collapse: collapse;" width="100%">

<tr>

<td>

<b>FORWARDS</b><br />

Moen - Plekanec - Gionta <br />

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Cole <br />

Cammy - Eller - Palushaj <br />

Nokelainen - Gomez - Darche <br />

</tr>

<tr>

<td>

<b>DEFENCE</b><br />

Gorges - Subban <br />

Emelin - Weber <br />

Diaz - St.Denis <br />

</tr>

<tr>

<td>

<b>GOALIES</b><br />

Price <br />

Budaj<br />

</tr>

</table>

</td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td colspan="2" bgcolor="#bb0000" style="color:#000000" align="center"><u><b>Stat Leaders:</b></u></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td bgcolor="#eaeaea" valign="top">

<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-collapse: collapse;" width="100%">

<tr>

<td>

<b>Goals:</b> Ruutu, Skinner (7)<br />

<b>Assists: </b>Skinner (11)<br />

<b>Points: </b> Skinner (18) <br />

<b>+/-: </b>jokinen (+4)

</td>

</tr>

</table>

</td>

<td bgcolor="#eaeaea" valign="top">

<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-collapse: collapse;" width="100%">

<tr>

<td>

<b>Goals: </b>Pax (8)<br />

<b>Assists: </b>Plekanec (10)<br />

<b>Points: </b>Plekanec, Pax (14)<br />

<b>+/-: </b>Gorges (+9)<br />

</td>

</tr>

</table>

</td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td colspan="2" bgcolor="#bb0000" style="color:#000000" align="center"><u><b>Team Stats/Notes:</b></u></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td bgcolor="#eaeaea">

<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-collapse: collapse;" width="100%" >

<tr>

<td>

<b>Record: </b>6-9-3<br />

<b>Scratches: </b><br />

<b>Injuries: </b><br />

</td>

</tr>

</table>

</td>

<td bgcolor="#eaeaea">

<tr>

<td>

<b>Record: </b>7-7-3 </b><br />

<b>Scratches: </b> <br />

<b>Injuries: </b>Markov, Campoli, White, Gill, Spacek, AK<br />

</td>

</tr>

</table>

</td>

</tr>

</table>

<table style="border-collapse: collapse;" align="center" border="1" bordercolor="#111111" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="500" height="57">

<tr>

<td bgcolor="#eaeaea" width="100%" height="19">

<b>Puck Drop:</b> 7:00 PM EST<br />

<b>TV: </b>TSNHD,RDSHD<br />

<b>Radio: </b>TSN990, FM 98,5

</td>

</tr>

</table>

<br />

Hal Gill and Jaro Spacek were not on the ice for the morning skate.

It looks like we are going to have to go with the very young defence tonight barring a last minute recovery by Gill.

Also Andrei Kostitsyn placed on IR officially.

Wow. When the most experienced projected d-man is Gorges, that is slightly scary. Luckily, the Canes blueline is nothing to write home about either.

Besides, I must admit I am quite curious to see St-Denis in action. I'm far less thrilled to see Engqvist in the lineup though...

Also Andrei Kostitsyn placed on IR officially.

So with all the injuries we have, it's Kosty put on IR? That doesn't sound good. Doesn't sound good at all. Unless there's some cap thing I don't know about, this just makes me think his injury is worse than expected.

I don't have Cammy in the lineup as of yet, I didnt know which set to go with, so I'll probably change them to match yesterdays practice lineup. Update to lines incoming.

Cammalleri will play tonight according to my twitter feed sources. Engqvist is out.

Cammy with Eller line.

Gomez on the wing of the Noko line.

Spacek and Gill are confirmed out for both today and tomorrow.

So with all the injuries we have, it's Kosty put on IR? That doesn't sound good. Doesn't sound good at all. Unless there's some cap thing I don't know about, this just makes me think his injury is worse than expected.

Probably a roster issue... and probably retroactive to the day after his last game played. He only needs to stay on IR for one week.

Pitkanen out for Carolina.

Wow. When the most experienced projected d-man is Gorges, that is slightly scary. Luckily, the Canes blueline is nothing to write home about either.

Besides, I must admit I am quite curious to see St-Denis in action. I'm far less thrilled to see Engqvist in the lineup though...

We probably won't see him. For starters, he got hurt last game and Cammalleri should take his spot in the lineup. Pitkanen out for the Canes is big for the Habs...and bad for my pool.

Placing a player on IR has no cap effects. All it does is allow them to call up a replacement player, should they deem it necessary to do so. We know he's out for the rest of the week and IR is only 7 days anyway so it's logical to place him on IR.

I'm assuming D pairings will be:

Emelin - Subban

Gorges - Diaz

St. Denis - Weber

Gorges-Diaz played a lot together last game. Although we also saw Weber-Subban at some points. The 5 d-man system was pretty screwy.

I should be scared with our D, but I am not. This is some valuable learning for the younger players. Although Emelin and Diaz are 'rookies' they aren't 19 year olds, they have played a lot of hockey.

That D is a nightmare.

I like bar's philosophical attitude. But if we ice that d-corps over any sustained stretch of time, we lose a lot more than we win; and I assure you that the fans will take those losses as absolute proof of the thorough mediocrity of the organization and JM's blithering incompetence. In other words, nobody is going to be philosophical about the results.

Look on the bright side-Carolina and the New York Islanders aren't exactly offensive dynamos. If there were two games in a row to pick from, these would be them. They'll be fine! The Islanders are 1-11. This is a good learning opportunity for Emelin, and hopefully St. Denis can hang, or we'll be back to five dmen very, very fast.

I agree that you can hang tight and win a couple of games with this roster. It's over several games that the holes will become truly glaring. Hopefully our guys come back and it doesn't come to that.

I for one would like to see Gomez with Cole and Maxpac... Gomez was coming around with Pacs before pacs went down. It would be the first time in Montreal Gomez has played with too big, scoring wingers.

I would like to see Gomez get this chance before we give up completely on him. Des has not looked that great to be, but he is playing with guys who are finishing.

I for one would like to see Gomez with Cole and Maxpac... Gomez was coming around with Pacs before pacs went down. It would be the first time in Montreal Gomez has played with too big, scoring wingers.

I would like to see Gomez get this chance before we give up completely on him. Des has not looked that great to be, but he is playing with guys who are finishing.

Note,. I bring this up because the guys on TV keep talking about DD between Pacs and Cole, and I realized that is the first time we have had guys like that for our puny centers.

Maybe something to try in the future if the line stops producing with DD in the middle... but as long as they ar scoring, I'd leave them together.

Maybe something to try in the future if the line stops producing with DD in the middle... but as long as they ar scoring, I'd leave them together.

True enough, I didn't mean tonight. Gomez is still on the wing and I suspect he is still a bit injured and not taking faceoffs.

This is the youngest d core to play an NHL regular season game in since I think forever.

I would be shocked if they get a point

I would start Budaj ( I fear who ever starts will get shelled)