Hurricanes @ Canadiens - November 16, 2011

bar

i need a shutout for my fantasy team......come on guys get it done

just not enough for 7 mil.....

Is there anything that's really enough? He had a good game, regardless of the salary, that's what matters. Most players played well, Eller had a rough night. Wonder if it coincides with him moving to the wing?

http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreports/20112012/ES020256.HTM

Emelin's positioning looking better, and now the hits are coming.

Agreed. Emelin had a great game. 7 hits(and a few of them were pretty hard) and 7 blocked shots. Let's not forget that he hasn't even played 10 games on the smaller North American ice. A game like tonight will be good for his confidence.

It's also nice to see Carey get his first shutout of the year. He made the saves he had to make!

Good game overall, and let's hope that Gorges and Subban were rested in the third, we'll need them tomorrow!

Is there anything that's really enough? He had a good game, regardless of the salary, that's what matters. Most players played well, Eller had a rough night. Wonder if it coincides with him moving to the wing? http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreports/20112012/ES020256.HTM

I like Gomer.

Agreed. Emelin had a great game. 7 hits(and a few of them were pretty hard) and 7 blocked shots. Let's not forget that he hasn't even played 10 games on the smaller North American ice. A game like tonight will be good for his confidence.

It's also nice to see Carey get his first shutout of the year. He made the saves he had to make!

Good game overall, and let's hope that Gorges and Subban were rested in the third, we'll need them tomorrow!

Agreed, the low number of games is something to remember.

There may be method to JM's madness of giving him lots of practice time, and few games in October.

Also I have to believe he's learning a lot from having a coach like Ladoucer. With all these young D on the team, I don't think we can understate how important it is to have a guy on the bench who played D in the NHL.. a first since Laperriere.

I see 0 good reason to not dress Emelin over Diaz or someone else against teams like Bruins or Leafs. He brings much more than wind out there.

Also, I really liked the decision of JM to play St-Denis a lot during the 3rd. Not only to give him some experience, but to rest the regulars as well.

Overall good game. But the Canes did suck.

Price will need to be spectacular, and the team will need to score 4 goals.

If either of those don't happen, I don't think they'll win.

Sweet! Got both, plus the Canes sucked.

Also, I really liked the decision of JM to play St-Denis a lot during the 3rd. Not only to give him some experience, but to rest the regulars as well.

I wonder if he did that also because St Denis is unlikely to play tomorrow? Gill back, perhaps?

Agreed, the low number of games is something to remember.

There may be method to JM's madness of giving him lots of practice time, and few games in October.

Also I have to believe he's learning a lot from having a coach like Ladoucer. With all these young D on the team, I don't think we can understate how important it is to have a guy on the bench who played D in the NHL.. a first since Laperriere.

I think Emelin is going to be a great Dman, as long as we are willing to live with his mistakes and growing pains. Again, though, just like Subban last year. Would he have got in the lineup if we don't have so many injuries???

I hope the habs play him lots against the Isles tomorrow and then lets see how he does when we play teams ahead of us in the standings, like the NYR's, Bruins (not ahead, but hold games in hand), Flyers and Pens over the next week or so.

He is going to need good games against some good teams to continue gaining confidence and improving. This may take a week, a month, or it may take all year. he looked good tonight, but lets face it, the Canes sucked.

Nope. Both Gill and Spacek are confirmed no-go's for tomorrow.

Also, JMMR's 3 Stars are up: http://www.habsworld...cle.php?id=2642

That's the best news I've heard. I wouldn't mind getting one of them back against the NYR's, but would rather have the kids in tomorrow and get maximum playing time and have Martin forced to play them.

I think Emelin is going to be a great Dman, as long as we are willing to live with his mistakes and growing pains. Again, though, just like Subban last year. Would he have got in the lineup if we don't have so many injuries???

I hope the habs play him lots against the Isles tomorrow and then lets see how he does when we play teams ahead of us in the standings, like the NYR's, Bruins (not ahead, but hold games in hand), Flyers and Pens over the next week or so.

He is going to need good games against some good teams to continue gaining confidence and improving. This may take a week, a month, or it may take all year.

I agree he needs games... but I think we are underestimating what the kid can learn in practice. It ses to me that every time he sits, he comes back better than before. I don't think its a bad thing if he ends up playing around 50 games this year, and takes time to continue to learn.

I believe an experienced Dman like Ladoucer who was a defense first guy and played over 900 games in the NHL has a lot to do with that progression.

I agree he needs games... but I think we are underestimating what the kid can learn in practice. It ses to me that every time he sits, he comes back better than before. I don't think its a bad thing if he ends up playing around 50 games this year, and takes time to continue to learn.

I believe an experienced Dman like Ladoucer who was a defense first guy and played over 900 games in the NHL has a lot to do with that progression.

that may be true - don't know a whole lot about Ladoucer - I'm still bitter about Gainey giving Robinson the cold shoulder - IMO he was exactly what we needed.

I also think that once Markov and Campoli are back, we are going to have an oppertunity to sit more Dman - I'm hoping that will mean giving Gill/Spacek nights off a lot more then the kids. I like the following pairings:

-Markov with Emelin

-Subban with Gorges

-and rotating Gill/Spacek with /WeberDiaz.

IMO Weber should develop into a better dman then Campoli, so I'd like to see him get a lot of hard minutes before Campoli comes back and pairing him with Gorges should also help his progression.

• Upvote 1

Price will need to be spectacular, and the team will need to score 4 goals.

If either of those don't happen, I don't think they'll win.

LOL

Nice to get a solid win for the home crowd, and nice to see the kids play well. Sadly though, I don't think we'll get an easier victory this year.

Like most of you, I thought Emelin's play stood out.

Eller moved to the wing = well done, Martin. Well done indeed.

I assume you're being sarcastic? I agree that Eller has struggled of late, but when AK46 comes back, and they get the three of them back together(Eller, Moen, AK46) I expect hiim to be much better!

When AK46 comes back then I don;t see how Moen can stay on the 3rd if it means Gomez on the 4th......that's just got disaster written all over it.

We really need to address Gomez because it is getting worse and worse by the game. I feel for the guy because he is apparently a nice person, great teammate but wow...this is brutal.