Bruins vs Habs, Nov. 21, 7:30 PM EST

dlbalr

we really need to go back to the board with the PP. Blow it up. Try something different. yes we had success against botom feeders and against a NYR team that didn't show up. But this current PP setup i not working.

Get pleks off the point. Gomez got WAY too much time on the PP. need to give a guy like Eller more of a chance and one of Eller, MaxPac and Cole should always be on the ice on the PP!

Well, once again the big difference was the PP. It looks as though we won't get really better before Markov will be back in the line-up. Too bad, there is a bit of improvement, but not enough. At least, we got an excellent performance from the Gomer.

we really need to go back to the board with the PP. Blow it up. Try something different. yes we had success against botom feeders and against a NYR team that didn't show up. But this current PP setup i not working.

Get pleks off the point. Gomez got WAY too much time on the PP. need to give a guy like Eller more of a chance and one of Eller, MaxPac and Cole should always be on the ice on the PP!

19% since Pearn fired. It is working, you don't blow shit up after one game with a goalie who stood on his head.

I have no problem with Gomez on the PP.. I have a problem with putting him with gionta and cammy... split up the small guys.

• Upvote 1

Solid effort all around tonight, against a hot team and missing a bunch of regulars. We will win more than we lose if the boys continue to play like this.

19% since Pearn fired. It is working, you don't blow shit up after one game with a goalie who stood on his head.

Those numbers are skewed with two goals against a NYR team that didn't show up and Carolina. For the most part, the PP has looked pretty predictable - if I can call the play that is about to happen, I'm pretty sure, the opposition can.

They need to simplify things. Start blasting it from the point and have a friggin big guy's ass in the goalies face, instead of having three smurfs up front.

I have no problem with Gomez on the PP.. I have a problem with putting him with gionta and cammy... split up the small guys.

I do have a problem when Eller gets no opportunity on the PP. I also have a problem with Pleky on the point.

Solid effort all around tonight, against a hot team and missing a bunch of regulars. We will win more than we lose if the boys continue to play like this.

Agreed 100%, frustrating loss, but we didn't play badly. Couldn't catch a break.

Tons of good rebounds on thomas hopped over sticks, off skates, just outside our reach, just shot wide, etc.... just needed one good bounce.

We outplayed the Bruins overall, but they got a break and we didn't.

I'm with Commandant, the PP has shown signs of real life. And Gomez is FINALLY rounding into form. Now's not the time to cut his ice.

Also, Boston has a death-vice of a penalty kill. Just as the Canucks, who lost the Cup because of it. It would be an overraction to blow up the PP because of this.

It's disappointing but there's no cause for rancour. The team played very well. This is the model with which we have a chance to win. If we can get our injured bodies back and keep playing this same way, we'll win these close ones rather than lose 'em.

Thomas is a great goalie, but I am not sure he was that good tonight. I give a lot of credit to his defense. The guys in front of him made a lot of small plays that made the difference between a great opportunity and a not so good one. Also, I believe that our shooters are too nervous. This team doesn't play with a lot of confidence. The good news is that it can change. Victories will do that. Let's AK46 and Markov come back in the line-up and we will see if the Bruins will look as good. Be patient guys. It's coming along...

Those numbers are skewed with two goals against a NYR team that didn't show up and Carolina. For the most part, the PP has looked pretty predictable - if I can call the play that is about to happen, I'm pretty sure, the opposition can.

They need to simplify things. Start blasting it from the point and have a friggin big guy's ass in the goalies face, instead of having three smurfs up front.

I do have a problem when Eller gets no opportunity on the PP. I also have a problem with Pleky on the point.

Eller is a third liner to me right now. I love the way he plays, but I really see him as a shutdown guy with a bit of offensive upside. I. Could be wrong, and he may develope into more, but he has no finish.

The numbers are the numbers... I'll say they are skewed lower by Thomas' performance. The PP got chances tonight, Thomas played well, credit where its due.

You don't blow things up that have worked at a 19% clip for the last 12 games... for a team that has a bunch of PP goals in that time, not just the rangers and Carolina game, because of one hot goalie.

We speak about the three smurfs not working on the PP but there was one shot by Cammy that was tipped by Gionta, where Thomas made his best save of the night just robbery.

Thomas is a great goalie, but I am not sure he was that good tonight. I give a lot of credit to his defense. The guys in front of him made a lot of small plays that made the difference between a great opportunity and a not so good one. Also, I believe that our shooters are too nervous. This team doesn't play with a lot of confidence. The good news is that it can change. Victories will do that. Let's AK46 and Markov come back in the line-up and we will see if the Bruins will look as good. Be patient guys. It's coming along...

I don't believe Thomas is a great goalie. He is an acrobatic pretty good goalie behind a devastating defence. Put any solid goalie in those nets and he will look lights out.

Confidence with scoring chances has been an issue for this team all year. But it's nowhere near as bad as it was during that horrendous 6-game losing streak. Let the walking wounded return, let Cammy find his game, and like I say, we're gonna win a lot of these close games - especially if Gomez continues to remember how to be Gomez. We remain .500 with a grotesquely inexperienced defence corps and that's damned good, frankly.

I don't believe Thomas is a great goalie. He is an acrobatic pretty good goalie behind a devastating defence. Put any solid goalie in those nets and he will look lights out.

Confidence with scoring chances has been an issue for this team all year. But it's nowhere near as bad as it was during that horrendous 6-game losing streak. Let the walking wounded return, let Cammy find his game, and like I say, we're gonna win a lot of these close games - especially if Gomez continues to remember how to be Gomez. We remain .500 with a grotesquely inexperienced defence corps and that's damned good, frankly.

Let's face it: he is a great goalie. He took an awful lot of time to become one, that's for sure. Still, I agree with you, the Bruins defense does a good job protecting him.

Completely agree with you. I thought that our Boys played a very good game against a tough opponent, but the PP completely choked. WE played well enough to win this game! True that Thomas made some nice saves, but our PP was lousy out there. Cole has 7 points in 5 games and yet he gets 50 seconds less of PP time than Gomer? I don't get it? I don't think we need to blow up the PP, but It is kinda predictable. There's no creativity from our guys when were up by one skater on the ice.

Yes, I've noticed that Gomer has been playing better of late, but so has Cole, and Cole has been scoring... unlike Gomer.

C'mon Markov, we need you on the blue line!!!

Cole apparently had an skate sharpening issue or equipment issue of some kind and darche was forced to play the first PP in his place. Add in that time and he ends up with more than Gomez overall. Either way for some reason he wasn't available for the PP on the first Pou penalty.