New Practice Lines and what they likely mean

Commandant

Todays lines

Pacioretty-Engqvist*-Gionta,

Cammalleri-Desharnais-Cole,

Moen-Eller-Kostitsyn,

Darche-Nokelainen-Leblanc

Engqvist was on the first line because Plekanec was absent. Plekanec and Wife welcomed a new son into the world today, congrats to him on being a first time father.

Don't like seeing Leblanc on the fourth line.

In other news Campoli had his first practice in a full contact jersey. Spacek practiced in a non-contact jersey.

Defence Pairs

Gorges - Subban

Gill - Weber

Emelin - Diaz

Campoli - St. Denis

Spacek

Todays lines

Pacioretty-Engqvist*-Gionta,

Cammalleri-Desharnais-Cole,

Moen-Eller-Kostitsyn,

Darche-Nokelainen-Leblanc

Engqvist was on the first line because Plekanec was absent. Plekanec and Wife welcomed a new son into the world today, congrats to him on being a first time father.

Don't like seeing Leblanc on the fourth line.

In other news Campoli had his first practice in a full contact jersey. Spacek practiced in a non-contact jersey.

Defence Pairs

Gorges - Subban

Gill - Weber

Emelin - Diaz

Campoli - St. Denis

Spacek

agree totally!!! if leblanc is gonna play with darche for 5-10 minutes against columbus go back to hamilton please! they need the help right now..

moen should be on the 4th line with noki/ darche! i understand he's been successful scoring goals this season but.... its just my thoughts!

good to here campoli is making progress! this is a big week for us as all the teams were chasing have a tough week!

Obviously temp lines. Looks like we are starting to heal up. I thought LeBlanc looked good with Eller and AK. I think Enqvist, Leblanc and St.Denis will be welcomed by the Dogs shortly

I think that is how the lines will look for at least the start of the game tomorrow.  With the only change being the obvious Engqvist/Plekanec switch I alluded to.

Agree that those 3 should go down to the Dogs soon. I figure Weber can play wing on the fourth.

I think that is how the lines will look for at least the start of the game tomorrow. With the only change being the obvious Engqvist/Plekanec switch I alluded to.

Agree that those 3 should go down to the Dogs soon. I figure Weber can play wing on the fourth.

Don't send Leblanc to Hamilton too quickly. I mean, if he helps the team, he will remain with the big club. The reason is very simple: contrarily to what many people think, the defense has not been the main problem this year. What we really need is offense, so we need all the help we can get in this departement. If Leblanc can give a hand to the other wingers, he will remain in Montreal. That's what I think.

Don't send Leblanc to Hamilton too quickly. I mean, if he helps the team, he will remain with the big club. The reason is very simple: contrarily to what many people think, the defense has not been the main problem this year. What we really need is offense, so we need all the help we can get in this departement. If Leblanc can give a hand to the other wingers, he will remain in Montreal. That's what I think.

I hate seeing a kid with this much talent, but totally lacking experience playing 5-8 minutes per game. I'd rather see him get 20 in Hamilton... PP and PK time and be used in big situations.

agree totally! why send a player down who has given exactly zero reasons to do so! he's done nothing to warrant a demotion yet! he even helped set up the winning goal his last time out! today practicing on the fourth line! brutal!!!!

Give the kid the opportunity to play himself ON or OFF this team! remember he missed all of pre-season to show his abilities at this level!

moen will bring stability to that fourth line i think, leave him there!

leblanc should stay and play quality minutes on the 3rd line until gomez returns or until he stops preforming! then we can re address the forwards

when white returns darche goe to the press!

I hate seeing a kid with this much talent, but totally lacking experience playing 5-8 minutes per game. I'd rather see him get 20 in Hamilton... PP and PK time and be used in big situations.

he played 11 minutes and 17 shifts against LA more then eller and just behind AK due to the PP

14 minutes and 20 shifts against SanJose

these kind of quality minutes will help with his development wayyyyyyy more then 20 minutes in the AHL on a sputtering team... as long as he's showing the ability to play with the big boys and JM isn't f#$%ing him over he is better off with eller and AK then desimone and pulashaj any day of the week!

i think as his confidence grows he'll get PK time as he's played the PK on every team he's ever played for! the PP is a different story though! he'll have to show his scoring prowess 5on5 before he gets PP time

he is exactly the kind of player JM likes and i think everyone will be pleasantly surprised at how JM treats him!

here's hoping that louie brings that youthful spirit/ fight and hunger that this team desperately needs to take that giant leap forward in december!

***remember my thoughts are performance based and i think to get a proper feel of his ability he needs to have a stint of 10-15 games minimum in a position best suited for his abilities.... and beside eller and AK should be that spot!!

agree totally! why send a player down who has given exactly zero reasons to do so! he's done nothing to warrant a demotion yet! he even helped set up the winning goal his last time out! today practicing on the fourth line! brutal!!!!

Give the kid the opportunity to play himself ON or OFF this team! remember he missed all of pre-season to show his abilities at this level!

moen will bring stability to that fourth line i think, leave him there!

leblanc should stay and play quality minutes on the 3rd line until gomez returns or until he stops preforming! then we can re address the forwards

when white returns darche goe to the press!

We are talking about letting Leblanc either earn his time or not.... and wanting to base his minutes on merit.  But we want our second leading goal scorer (Moen) to play on the fourth line?   It doesn't make sense.  Moen's play thus far merits more than a 4th line spot.  If he slows down later, then move him down, but for now he should be in the top 9.  Also despite 1 goal with Leblanc, Moen - Eller - Kostitsyn has a far longer track record of success. We want Leblanc's ice time to be performance based but are fine with demoting Moen who has been performing all season?

The Hockey Inside/Out forum is going nuts over Leblanc.

Have fans already forgotten that the Moen - Eller - Kostitsyn line is proven? "Put Leblanc in! He's new and shiny!"

Leblanc on the 4th line is the right call. This is a cup of coffee callup, not a long-term solution. He's getting a glimpse of the NHL tempo before being sent back to the AHL.

Palushaj for 15 games on 4th line minutes is hurting development. Leblanc for 4-5 games on 4th line minutes is nurturing development.

Leblanc for 15 games on 4th line minutes though...

We are talking about letting Leblanc either earn his time or not.... and wanting to base his minutes on merit. But we want our second leading goal scorer (Moen) to play on the fourth line? It doesn't make sense. Moen's play thus far merits more than a 4th line spot. If he slows down later, then move him down, but for now he should be in the top 9. Also despite 1 goal with Leblanc, Moen - Eller - Kostitsyn has a far longer track record of success. We want Leblanc's ice time to be performance based but are fine with demoting Moen who has been performing all season?

I agree with that. Moen deserves to play on the 3rd line. I think that Leblanc has superior hockey sense and he should be able to contribute, even on the 4th line. I am very confident that, given the opportunity, he will able to contribute wherever Martin chooses to play him.

I agree with that. Moen deserves to play on the 3rd line. I think that Leblanc has superior hockey sense and he should be able to contribute, even on the 4th line. I am very confident that, given the opportunity, he will able to contribute wherever Martin chooses to play him.

I think he'll contribute. I don't doubt that. But if the role for him is a fourth liner, I think he contributes more next season by learning in the AHL now, rather than sitting.

I think he'll contribute. I don't doubt that. But if the role for him is a fourth liner, I think he contributes more next season by learning in the AHL now, rather than sitting.

Agreed-- the only logical reason to keep Leblanc up here on the fourth line would be spreading the ice time out with all four lines. Doubt if that happens in any significant way.

i love how travis moen and his 8 goals deserves minimum top 9 when before this season started he was slated as a 4th line player. we constantly harp about using the darche's and moens on the top line now he 's good enough after potting 8 in 27 after 8 season's in the nhl??? come'on he is clearly over achieving and half his season total came in the first 6/7 games plus another 2 in the span of 3 games!

true he is tied right now with cole with 8 goals for 2nd.. but he has gionta 7 behind him as well as kosty 7 (playing 10 games less). and camm/ plex with 6. by next week he could easily be our 7th leading scorer and with that said he has only 2 assists and 10 points good for 10th on the team. Although thankful he has given us a handful of games and goals when we've been so desperate for them. i cant help but think moen being our 2nd highest goalscorer is the problem with this team and our spot in the standings.

he is a 4th line player and should be there unless needed for spot duty. When the habs elected to call up a guy like leBlanc it should be for a stint on the 3rd line minimum, if not we are mismanaging his development. if we needed to call up a fourth liner we should of recalled blunden!!!! just like patches should of been on a scoring line when he broke into the team first time around! leblanc should not be on the 4th!!!! this is logic boys.

and this he'll play big minutes in the AHL blah blah blah.. hamilton is a bad team right now with very little talent! and until the beaulieu's tinordi's gallagher's and kristo's of our system and the habs get healthy and send the farm players back down they will continue to be bad!

the fact is that moen, now in his 8th season in the NHL has scored no more then 11 goals and 21 points in a single season!

if he's a late bloomer (which we all know he is not) he has clearly over achieved thus far and has since cooled off and although with 50 + games left he'll finish with career highs this year, it's only logical that with gomez out we give this first rounder a nice look on a line not consisting of darche! im not saying leBlanc is the next leCavalier, what im saying is for the next 2-5-10-20 games whatever it is let him play hockey where he'll thrive and learn! you never know......... we might be surprised!

BTW forgot to mention moen has never been a plus player in his whole career... as of today he's +5....

We are talking about letting Leblanc either earn his time or not.... and wanting to base his minutes on merit. But we want our second leading goal scorer (Moen) to play on the fourth line? It doesn't make sense. Moen's play thus far merits more than a 4th line spot. If he slows down later, then move him down, but for now he should be in the top 9. Also despite 1 goal with Leblanc, Moen - Eller - Kostitsyn has a far longer track record of success. We want Leblanc's ice time to be performance based but are fine with demoting Moen who has been performing all season?

Some of you (majority of you) are. Not me.

I would never let Noke or Moen play 20 mins + even if they were going for a 5 goals game.

What I'm looking for is the best 4 lines combo we can ice according to the gameplan and if it means having Moen on the 4th and Leblanc over him on the 3rd, then this is what it's gonna be.

Some of you (majority of you) are. Not me.

I would never let Noke or Moen play 20 mins + even if they were going for a 5 goals game.

What I'm looking for is the best 4 lines combo we can ice according to the gameplan and if it means having Moen on the 4th and Leblanc over him on the 3rd, then this is what it's gonna be.

finally some sense...

LOL all we do is b$tch about the constant mismanagement of players from sergei wanting scoring line minutes but getting used out of place etc (so many more examples of this)

Our 4th line has looked like A$$ all season without moen on it (mind u it has settled down a bit with noki)

now were asking a first round pick to have his first stint in the nhl and you wanna use him to replace pulashaj in that 4th line role?there's a reason pulashaj had a disappointing 15 games and is now back down in hamilton.. the biggest being he was used on the 4th rather then the 2nd ( i dont think he was good enough anyways)! hello? this is failure before it even happens! leblanc 3rd moen 4th!! its simple ! we need a 4th liner call up blunden!!!

leBlanc has played the last 2 games on the 3rd and looked great and done well! why would anyone of u want to disrupt that! we need to run with it, build on that early success hes had so far.... and for as long as we can! not go back wards with him! and if at the same time we can strengthen our 4th by "RETURNING" moen there for the first time all season........ hell ya! that's not a demotion, its simply using moen in the spot he is meant to play in for the team to be most effective!

like i said before... one of the biggest problem with this team is that moen is in fact our 2nd leading scorer!!

The Hockey Inside/Out forum is going nuts over Leblanc.

Have fans already forgotten that the Moen - Eller - Kostitsyn line is proven? "Put Leblanc in! He's new and shiny!"

Leblanc on the 4th line is the right call. This is a cup of coffee callup, not a long-term solution. He's getting a glimpse of the NHL tempo before being sent back to the AHL.

Palushaj for 15 games on 4th line minutes is hurting development. Leblanc for 4-5 games on 4th line minutes is nurturing development.

Leblanc for 15 games on 4th line minutes though...

Although Palushaj spent the majority of his time on the 4th he has been given some chances on the 3rd. The difference between the 2 is Leblanc has the patience to hold onto a puck instead of looking rushed into a decision. Leblanc will get his chance on home ice and then I would bet the farm that he is returned after the game against Columbus.

Nothing wrong with the way that Martin has used him at all.

Although Palushaj spent the majority of his time on the 4th he has been given some chances on the 3rd. The difference between the 2 is Leblanc has the patience to hold onto a puck instead of looking rushed into a decision. Leblanc will get his chance on home ice and then I would bet the farm that he is returned after the game against Columbus.

agreed... he wet his lips game 1 with 4th line minutes and then let him run with it in games 2/3 with AK/ eller... maybe were all reading into this practice to much and JM is thinking of protecting him again from rabid montreal tomorrow by wetting his lips again with 4th line minutes... who knows

Although Palushaj spent the majority of his time on the 4th he has been given some chances on the 3rd.  The difference between the 2 is Leblanc has the patience to hold onto a puck instead of looking rushed into a decision.  Leblanc will get his chance on home ice and then I would bet the farm that he is returned after the game against Columbus.

I'm fine with him getting one game in Montreal, and then going back down. I just don't want to see him up and on the fourth line until Gomez (not practicing) and White (at least a month away) get healthy.

I'm fine with him getting one game in Montreal, and then going back down. I just don't want to see him up and on the fourth line until Gomez (not practicing) and White (at least a month away) get healthy.

I doubt he'll stick. Engqvist will be given that shot again now that he is back practicing. One thing for certain is hat Leblanc needs some pace and cardio to his game. His 20-30 seconds shifts and then gassed will be a problem over a 10-20 game stretch.

i thought it didnt make sense to demote our "2nd highest scorer (moen)" to 4th line duty over LeBlanc! your starting to realize the implications the success of this kid can bring by balancing the line up? nice... he has to start on the 3rd line and preform to keep it! which he's done over 2 games so far

im fine with him playing quality minutes not on the fourth line only until his performances deem otherwise. once gomez returns decisions will be made. but whites return should equal the sending down of st.denis and darche to the press box. that is managing your team properly..

-campoli/ spacek/ markov is first to return st. denis goes down

-white then returns diaz goes down darche press box

-gomez returns

option A) move him and as many picks necessary for shae weber or ryan suter ( a man can dream know??)

and then move swiss weber and spacek for picks or depth center

option B) send LeBlanc back down

basically im saying leblanc should go back down only upon the return of gomez or bad play and not from the return of any of campoli, markov, spacek or white

a defender returns a D goes down. white returns an extra D goes down darche in the box

i thought it didnt make sense to demote our "2nd highest scorer (moen)" to 4th line duty over LeBlanc! your starting to realize the implications the success of this kid can bring by balancing the line up? nice... he has to start on the 3rd line and preform to keep it! which he's done over 2 games so far

im fine with him playing quality minutes not on the fourth line only until his performances deem otherwise. once gomez returns decisions will be made. but whites return should equal the sending down of st.denis and darche to the press box. that is managing your team properly..

-campoli/ spacek/ markov is first to return st. denis goes down

-white then returns diaz goes down darche press box

-gomez returns

option A) move him and as many picks necessary for shae weber or ryan suter ( a man can dream know??)

and then move swiss weber and spacek for picks or depth center

option B) send LeBlanc back down

basically im saying leblanc should go back down only upon the return of gomez or bad play and not from the return of any of  campoli, markov, spacek or white

a defender returns a D goes down. white returns an extra D goes down darche in the box

I think you've misconstrued my argument which is that Moen should be on the third line, and Leblanc on the first line in Hamilton. I don't want Leblanc on the team now that Patch is back and he doesn't have a spot in the top 9. His future is more important than the limited minutes he'll get.