Habs callup Leblanc, demote him Jan. 4 recall Feb 2nd

Commandant

Good move. Give the kid some exposure to the NHL, help him understand the challenges before him; at the same time, you may benefit from the burst of youthful energy that a rookie call-up sometimes adds, even if onyl for a game or two. And you buy goodwill from the francophone fan base. The only danger is that Leblanc becomes un héro national and gets spoiled by all the adulation. But I doubt a 3 game call up will have that effect.

I'd like to see Pleks and Gio finally broken up

Cammy - Plek - Palushaj or Leblanc

Cole - DD - Gionta

Moen - Eller - Kostitsyn

Darche - Noko - Palushaj or Leblanc

I just don't like the Plek - Gio chemistry... or lack thereof.

I could even see Leblanc not even playing and being an emergency measure only as Weber goes to Fwd..... for the PP and extra d.

I don't see Leblanc playing however it is nice to see him get a shot.

He is a very reliable player defensively and has some offensive abilities. If he does get in the line-up then I would personally play him alongside Nokelainen and Darche with limited minutes fora few shifts to see if he can play at this level.

With that said Not having Pacioretty means we have a void on LW. Does AK46 return back to that position or are we playing one of Cole or Gionta in that role? I really do not want to see Cole as a LWer because he is extremely effective coming down the right wing and using his body to protect the puck so for me the line-up is as follows:

Cammalleri-Plekanec-Kostitsyn

Gionta-DD-Cole

Moen-Eller-Palushaj

Darche-Nokelainen-Leblanc

I like the move. The fact that he'll only be with the team for 3 games assures that he won't have the time to become un héro national! Classy move by the habs to allow him to get an NHL sized paycheck just before the holidays.

Good move. Give the kid some exposure to the NHL, help him understand the challenges before him; at the same time, you may benefit from the burst of youthful energy that a rookie call-up sometimes adds, even if onyl for a game or two. And you buy goodwill from the francophone fan base. The only danger is that Leblanc becomes un héro national and gets spoiled by all the adulation. But I doubt a 3 game call up will have that effect.

The 'hero' syndrome is always a concern, especially since the team is so devoid of Francophone talent. Were there a more solid core of francophone players, I believe the pressure would be lesser.

In any event, a three-game trip out west with games at odd times should shield Leblanc from undue media and fan pressure.

Has anyone seen him play this year? Do you think he is ready to put in NHL minutes?

The 'hero' syndrome is always a concern, especially since the team is so devoid of Francophone talent. Were there a more solid core of francophone players, I believe the pressure would be lesser.

In any event, a three-game trip out west with games at odd times should shield Leblanc from undue media and fan pressure.

Has anyone seen him play this year? Do you think he is ready to put in NHL minutes?

He's been by far the best player on the bulldogs, but that doesnt say much because the team is a mess. Its hard to say if hes ready for NHL minutes but my gut feeling is he needs more AHl time.

dont know if good or not, he probably needs a full year in AHL and is not exactly ripping it up down there quite yet (shoulder really set him back this year)

but no other choice as to whom to call up was there, sign of desparation more than a good move by mgmt i think.

but i am sure Martin will have him play 5 minutes or less and he will be a non factor, same chance that Palushaj has benn given to date.

they say he is the total opposite of a Cammalleri and is a very intense and hard working young guy, so i cant wait to see how he fares, even if just get a couple shifts

He's been by far the best player on the bulldogs, but that doesnt say much because the team is a mess. Its hard to say if hes ready for NHL minutes but my gut feeling is he needs more AHl time.

I also am skeptical about his readiness. On the other hand, I remember that he had a very good training camp last year. Who knows? we might be surprised. Let's hope so, anyway.

To my mind, he doesn't need to be 'ready for the NHL' in a serious sense. He just needs to have enough of a combination of skills with rookie hyper-enthusiasm to be able to contribute over a couple of games. That's quite a different thing from being 'ready' to be an NHL regular.

I would love to see him in the lineup getting regular minutes on a scoring line, see how he adapts to his future role. Max is out so Louie should be taking his place on that line. I am going to lose my shit if I see Darche in the top 9 or on the PP.

• Upvote 1

did anyone think that just maybe he is being showcased tonight and on this road trip in a potential blockbuster with anahiem???

ryan for leblanc(high prospect)/ draft pick/ insert defender here?

obviously cap implications restrict this deal but a similar one could be on the cards

• 4 weeks later...