Canadiens @ Ducks - Movember 30th, 2011

bar

<p align="center">

saku_koivu_jan222011.jpg

<p><br />

<table style="border-collapse: collapse;" align="center" border="0" bordercolor="#111111" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="500">

<tr>

<td align="center">80.png

<!-- enemy team jersey image here http://www.jerseydat...ts/1/9/1922.png -->

</td>

<td align="center">

70.png <!-- http://www.jerseydat...onts/0/0/69.png HOME http://www.jerseydat...onts/0/0/70.png away -->

</td>

</table>

<table style="border-collapse: collapse;" align="center" border="1" bordercolor="#111111" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="500">

<tr>

<td align="center" bgcolor="#bb0000" style="color:#000000" colspan="2"><b><u>Projected Lines</u></b></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td align="center">Anaheim Ducks:</b></td>

<td align="center">Montreal Canadiens:</b></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td align="center" width="50%" bgcolor="#eaeaea">

<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0" style="border-collapse: collapse;" width="100%">

<tr>

<td>

<b>FORWARDS</b><br />

Beleskey - Getzlaf - Perry <br />

Cogliano - Koivu - Selanne <br />

Ryan - Maxwell - Hagman <br />

Gordon - Macenauer - Smith-Pelly <br />

</td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td>

<b>DEFENCE</b><br />

Lydman, Cam Fowler <br />

Beauchemin - Sbisa <br />

Brookbank - Guenin <br />

</td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td>

<b>GOALIES</b><br />

Hiller <br />

Deslauriers

</td>

</tr>

</table>

</td>

<td align="center" width="50%" bgcolor="#eaeaea" align="center">

<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0" style="border-collapse: collapse;" width="100%">

<tr>

<td>

<b>FORWARDS</b><br />

Kostitsyn - Plekanec - Gionta <br />

Cole - Desharnais - Cammy <br />

Moen - Eller - Palushaj <br />

Leblanc - Nokelainen - Darche <br />

</tr>

<tr>

<td>

<b>DEFENCE</b><br />

Gorges - Subban <br />

Gill - Diaz <br />

Emelin - St. Denis <br />

</tr>

<tr>

<td>

<b>GOALIES</b><br />

Budaj<br />

Price<br />

</tr>

</table>

</td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td colspan="2" bgcolor="#bb0000" style="color:#000000" align="center"><u><b>Stat Leaders:</b></u></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td bgcolor="#eaeaea" valign="top">

<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-collapse: collapse;" width="100%">

<tr>

<td>

<b>Goals:</b> Perry (10)<br />

<b>Assists: </b>Selanne (14)<br />

<b>Points: </b> Selanne (22) <br />

<b>+/-: </b>Cogliano (+3)

</td>

</tr>

</table>

</td>

<td bgcolor="#eaeaea" valign="top">

<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-collapse: collapse;" width="100%">

<tr>

<td>

<b>Goals: </b>Pax (10)<br />

<b>Assists: </b>Plekanec (15)<br />

<b>Points: </b>Plekanec (20)<br />

<b>+/-: </b>Gorges (+10)<br />

</td>

</tr>

</table>

</td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td colspan="2" bgcolor="#bb0000" style="color:#000000" align="center"><u><b>Team Stats/Notes:</b></u></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td bgcolor="#eaeaea">

<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-collapse: collapse;" width="100%" >

<tr>

<td>

<b>Record: </b>6-13-4<br />

<b>Scratches:</b> <br />

<b>Injuries: Vishnovsky</b><br />

</td>

</tr>

</table>

</td>

<td bgcolor="#eaeaea">

<tr>

<td>

<b>Record: </b>10-10-4 </b><br />

<b>Scratches: Weber</b> <br />

<b>Injuries: </b>Markov, Campoli, White, Spacek, Gomez<br />

</td>

</tr>

</table>

</td>

</tr>

</table>

<table style="border-collapse: collapse;" align="center" border="1" bordercolor="#111111" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="500" height="57">

<tr>

<td bgcolor="#eaeaea" width="100%" height="19">

<b>Puck Drop:</b> 10:00 PM EST<br />

<b>TV: </b>RDSHD<br />

<b>Radio:</b> TSN990, FM 98,5

</td>

</tr>

</table>

<br />

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ben Maxwell. What a dud.

I will steadfastly defend Trevor Timmins record at the draft table, but let's just say the 2006 draft was not his best. Only Ryan White remains as a viable, full time NHLer. Mathieu Carle, Ben Maxwell and, worst of all, David Fischer are all looong gone.

On another note, I am so incredibly glad it is the last day of Movember. My razor and my face will spend some quality time together tomorrow.

Ben Maxwell. What a dud.

I will steadfastly defend Trevor Timmins record at the draft table, but let's just say the 2006 draft was not his best. Only Ryan White remains as a viable, full time NHLer. Mathieu Carle, Ben Maxwell and, worst of all, David Fischer are all looong gone.

On another note, I am so incredibly glad it is the last day of Movember. My razor and my face will spend some quality time together tomorrow.

Not so fast. Ben lost a whole year due to injury, so it isn't surprising that he didn't quite make grade when Montreal could still control him. Give him a couple of years before you pass judgement on him.

What ever happened to Fischer? I didn't hear anything about him ever. Too bad we didn't select Giroux, who went right after him instead....that would have solved our center issue. Ya win some, ya lose some.

Not so fast. Ben lost a whole year due to injury, so it isn't surprising that he didn't quite make grade when Montreal could still control him. Give him a couple of years before you pass judgement on him.

Maxwell is done IMO. I realize the setback due to the two big injuries is part of this (just like it was with Chipchura), but I don't think he can get back the development time he lost.

What ever happened to Fischer? I didn't hear anything about him ever. Too bad we didn't select Giroux, who went right after him instead....that would have solved our center issue. Ya win some, ya lose some.

Major major bust. Never developped in college. Vancouver gave him a tryout when we didn't sign him, but also decided not to sign him. Playing on a minor league contract with the Florida Everblades of the ECHL.</p>

Has anyone ever read the book, "Future Greats and Heartbreaks" by Gare Joyce? Its an inside look at the NHL draft. It was done by teams letting him go behind the scenes on how a draft is done, and was done in 2006. There is an interesting player in there, a big defenceman, who had a ton of interviews at the NHL draft with a ton of teams. He got the nickname "the idiot" and was put on a lot of team's Do Not Draft lists. Since the book came out we have learned that the unnamed player was David Fischer.<p>Bad circumstances for the Habs there. I guess after a bunch of these interviews didn't go well his agent (advisor technically since he was an NCAA guy) and coaches, pulled him aside and coached him a bit on how to get through his last few interviews. We were one of the last teams to interview him by the luck of the draw. If we had been earlier in the process, we might have avoided him too. :( Doesn't mean we'd have Giroux cause who knows what player was next on the list?

Major major bust. Never developped in college. Vancouver gave him a tryout when we didn't sign him, but also decided not to sign him. Playing on a minor league contract with the Florida Everblades of the ECHL.</p>

Has anyone ever read the book, "Future Greats and Heartbreaks" by Gare Joyce? Its an inside look at the NHL draft. It was done by teams letting him go behind the scenes on how a draft is done, and was done in 2006. There is an interesting player in there, a big defenceman, who had a ton of interviews at the NHL draft with a ton of teams. He got the nickname "the idiot" and was put on a lot of team's Do Not Draft lists. Since the book came out we have learned that the unnamed player was David Fischer.<p>Bad circumstances for the Habs there. I guess after a bunch of these interviews didn't go well his agent (advisor technically since he was an NCAA guy) and coaches, pulled him aside and coached him a bit on how to get through his last few interviews. We were one of the last teams to interview him by the luck of the draw. If we had been earlier in the process, we might have avoided him too. :( Doesn't mean we'd have Giroux cause who knows what player was next on the list?

Very interesting indeed. I'm always intrigued by stories that give us an insiders view of what really transpired and how that help formulate our decision; or in this case how it hindered our success at the draft table.

Palushaj scratched and St. Denis will play fwd.

I don't get that.

I could see dressing 7 D for Markov, but why tonight?

Palushaj scratched and St. Denis will play fwd.

I don't get that.

I could see dressing 7 D for Markov, but why tonight?

Maybe they want to see Leblanc on the third line and they see St Denis as a better 4th liner then Palushaj?

wasn't he ranked as 4th/5th round pick anyways? I remember when the habs took him, the question was why he was taken so early and would probably been available 3-4 rounds later.

I can't see how St. Denis is a better fourth liner than any of the forwards. Its totally out of position for him.

If I had to guess Martin's line of thinking, it'd be along the lines of if you're going to play a 4th liner 4-5 minutes, you're probably better off dressing a defenceman in case one goes down. Besides, Palushaj could use a night off anyway, he hasn't done a whole lot with his limited minutes.

wasn't he ranked as 4th/5th round pick anyways? I remember when the habs took him, the question was why he was taken so early and would probably been available 3-4 rounds later.

I seem to recall reading he was pegged by a lot as a projectable 2nd rounder. A guy that had the physical tools but hadn't been tested enough playing high school hockey.

Not that low.... Early 2nd round ranking. We moved down once, from 16 to 20, and got an extra pick (carle)... would have probably still been there 10 picks later, maybe even 15 picks... but they couldn't move down farther (no takers) and weren't confident he would be there for their 2nd.

Eller starting with Moen and Nokolanein.

I think JM is either a crazy genius mad scientist; or just trolling us at this point.

Weber appears to be playing fourth line up front meaning St. Denis must be on D.

Andrei KOSTITSYN!!

YEs - AK46 back with Pleks!

Eller starting with Moen and Nokolanein.

I think JM is either a crazy genius mad scientist; or just trolling us at this point.

Weber appears to be playing fourth line up front meaning St. Denis must be on D.

Andrei KOSTITSYN!!

This is mind boggling to me. Seriously, how can Eller not be placed with a better line then this

Well looks like Eller is now with Leblanc and Moen

YEs - AK46 back with Pleks!

This is mind boggling to me. Seriously, how can Eller not be placed with a better line then this

Well looks like Eller is now with Leblanc and Moen

There is no wingers left for Eller once Patches got suspended. We have 5 good wingers; 1 is suspended... 4 make up the top 2 lines.

I was more surprised Leblanc wasn't with Eller than who Eller was with.

But it seems that Noko was only there for one shift to start the game.