GDT: Canadiens @ Kings; 3:30 PM, CBC, RDS

Commandant

22 year old defenceman who averages 25 minutes per game against the other team`s best line and is a plus player.

Also for all the dumb penalties that subban supposedly takes... he is also top 4 in the entire NHL in drawing penalties on opponents.

How come everytime the opposing team clears the puck when we are on a powerplay Subban stops skating? Honestly I think Subban is just a dumb player that is too full of himself. Getting tired of seeing all this lazy play, constant diving, terrible penalties every other game, just really boneheaded plays game in and game out especially with these icings.

I think he's overrated not just by the habs but by other teams and I would take advantage of that and trade him for someone that can make an impact for at least 3 years.

You are so wrong on so many levels. He would be easy to trade and we would regret it for about 15 years.

How come everytime the opposing team clears the puck when we are on a powerplay Subban stops skating? Honestly I think Subban is just a dumb player that is too full of himself. Getting tired of seeing all this lazy play, constant diving, terrible penalties every other game, just really boneheaded plays game in and game out especially with these icings.

I think he's overrated not just by the habs but by other teams and I would take advantage of that and trade him for someone that can make an impact for at least 3 years.

I disagree with everything you said...

Is this Don Cherry, or Milbury?

The sour tone of this thread is interesting, considering that we just registered an important win :rolleyes: Instead of satisfaction that so many players are in fact playing well, that the team put in two very hard-working efforts after that abortion in Anaheim, and that we're gutting out points even without Markov, Pacioretty or a (sigh) 2nd-line C, there's just griping about various things, from Subban to the fact that we were scrambly in the last two minutes or that Kostitsyn has not been locked up long-term. Sheesh. Angry when things go wrong, angry when things go right.

The sour tone of this thread is interesting, considering that we just registered an important win :rolleyes: Instead of satisfaction that so many players are in fact playing well, that the team put in two very hard-working efforts after that abortion in Anaheim, and that we're gutting out points even without Markov, Pacioretty or a (sigh) 2nd-line C, there's just griping about various things, from Subban to the fact that we were scrambly in the last two minutes or that Kostitsyn has not been locked up long-term. Sheesh. Angry when things go wrong, angry when things go right.

Well, some people want this team to be a contender, not just an also ran. It was a decent win, but the fact that many teams trot out their backups says it all.

You're certainly a glass half full kind of guy, and I appreciate that. This win did salvage the trip. But I saw things, like the end, that I didn't like. The tape of this win won't be going to the hall of fame. But ya, who cares?

Well, some people want this team to be a contender, not just an also ran. It was a decent win, but the fact that many teams trot out their backups says it all.

The fact that a coach will give his backup 1 game a year against the team he idolized as a kid?

The decision to go with Bernier was more acknowledgment of the motivation Bernier will have playing the Habs, then disrespect to our team IMO.

LA's in a fight themselves and can't afford to give away points either.

The fact that a coach will give his backup 1 game a year against the team he idolized as a kid?

The decision to go with Bernier was more acknowledgment of the motivation Bernier will have playing the Habs, then disrespect to our team IMO.

Not to mention that Quick's career numbers versus MTL aren't the best. (0-2-0, 3.52 GAA, .860 SV%)

22 year old defenceman who averages 25 minutes per game against the other team`s best line and is a plus player.

Also for all the dumb penalties that subban supposedly takes... he is also top 4 in the entire NHL in drawing penalties on opponents.

commandant you've got the stats! is that from nhl.com as well? man i should go there more often. great stuff.

You're certainly a glass half full kind of guy, and I appreciate that. This win did salvage the trip. But I saw things, like the end, that I didn't like. The tape of this win won't be going to the hall of fame. But ya, who cares?

I also didn't like that AK46 and Eller only got just under 15 min and just over 11 minutes respectively. How does Eller only get 2 more minutes then Nokellenen???

I think this was probably the first game of the year that AK46 got over 4 minutes on the PP - he's played 17 games and the PP has sucked for most of the year and he's got like 1 game with over 4min on the PP :crazy: .

If I was Martin, I'd be cutting down on Gionta's time and getting AK46 double shifted at times with Pleks.

What I found most exciting about that game was the glimpse we got of some line combos that might stick and work very well, distributing our size and talents in a dangerous way. I'm thinking:

Pacs-Pleks-Gio

Cam-DD-Cole

AK-Eller-Louis

Moen-Gomez-Darche/Nokia/White

I have a really good feeling about LeBlanc. Such poise in his first call up. I hope that heads up play on the second goal earned him the right to try to make his case to stay with the big club.

There are a lot of winnable games coming up in December. I wouldn't be surprised if they went 8-3-3, or something like that, even without Markov. That would change the tune of those calling for heads, which would make for some more fruitful hockey discussions :)

commandant you've got the stats! is that from nhl.com as well? man i should go there more often. great stuff.

Cassie Campbell actually had the top 5 on her twitter at the same time as this conversation was being held. Subban was 4th.

What I found most exciting about that game was the glimpse we got of some line combos that might stick and work very well, distributing our size and talents in a dangerous way.  I'm thinking:

Pacs-Pleks-Gio

Cam-DD-Cole

AK-Eller-Louis

Moen-Gomez-Darche/Nokia/White

I have a really good feeling about LeBlanc.  Such poise in his first call up.  I hope that heads up play on the second goal earned him the right to try to make his case to stay with the big club.

There are a lot of winnable games coming up in December.  I wouldn't be surprised if they went 8-3-3, or something like that, even without Markov.  That would change the tune of those calling for heads, which would make for some more fruitful hockey discussions :)

I'm a huge fan of Leblanc but I don't want him on the team for the full season. He's played one year of NCAA in a weak conference, and one year in the Q, and 15 games in the AHL. I really think he needs to play 20 minutes a night against men, with PP and PK time than to rush him to the NHL for a bottom 6 role. I don't mind a short callup here and there and I think those are good for him, but he needs to spend the majority of the year in the AHL. He's a kid we need to make sure develops properly.

• Upvote 1

I'm a huge fan of Leblanc but I don't want him on the team for the full season. He's played one year of NCAA in a weak conference, and one year in the Q, and 15 games in the AHL. I really think he needs to play 20 minutes a night against men, with PP and PK time than to rush him to the NHL for a bottom 6 role. I don't mind a short callup here and there and I think those are good for him, but he needs to spend the majority of the year in the AHL. He's a kid we need to make sure develops properly.

No need to play at a lower level if he can play right away in the NHL. So far (just three games, I know), he has played very well, and IMO deserves to remain with the big club. Of course, when the injured players will be back, a decision will have to be made. But if he still plays very well and contributes to the success of the team, we will have to find him a spot for the reminder of the season. In conclusion, it all depends of his performance.

No but there was one guy who wants subban traded for a player that will make an impact for 3 years.

Which is completely dumb. Subban has potential to be a Norris contender or winner as he improves, you can't move him for short term guys,

Especally since Subban is already making such a huge impact

No need to play at a lower level if he can play right away in the NHL. So far (just three games, I know), he has played very well, and IMO deserves to remain with the big club. Of course, when the injured players will be back, a decision will have to be made. But if he still plays very well and contributes to the success of the team, we will have to find him a spot for the reminder of the season. In conclusion, it all depends of his performance.

If he's capable of getting those kind of minutes sure.  But even in his call up he's on the third line with no PP time.  Just like with Max last year, better to have him on the first line in the AHL than to get limited bottom 6 minutes in montreal.  I can't see him as a regular top liner in montral when we're healthy, heck he's not a top liner in his callup now.He should go down, so should Palushaj.  Let moen stay with eller kosty and let Weber play the fourth and PP. I'm fine with him getting a few more games, to see what he has to do to make it in the NHL, but there is no way I want him to stay up as a member of the bottom 6.

Palushaj has been sent down with the return of Pacioretty.

Leblanc will stay up for at least a little longer.

No surprise there. The next ones to go down are St-Denis (once Spacek or Campoli will be back) and Engqvist (once healthy). And I'll make a prediction, if (that's big ''if" I know) Leblanc continue to perform well, Darche will be the one to sit down from to time to time. Let's face it, no. 52 has a great heart, but he doesn't produce. Since we need production, and Leblanc has the ability to fill the need better than Darche, he has a shot at being a regular part of the line-up.

LA's in a fight themselves and can't afford to give away points either.

Pure spin. We are in the botton third of the league. We will see more backups until we prove to other teams they need their number one guy. It doesn't mean we will only see backups, depends on schedules, but teams are not afraid of us.

Do you think they would play Bernier for Boston, Pitts, Philly, Chicago, etc. ?

I don't know why some of you guys can't face facts. We are an average team with injuries. When they come back, we are an average team.

We do have one of the best goalies in the league which masks many issues, but how long can we be so dependent on our goalie being lights out good?

If he's capable of getting those kind of minutes sure. But even in his call up he's on the third line with no PP time. Just like with Max last year, better to have him on the first line in the AHL than to get limited bottom 6 minutes in montreal. I can't see him as a regular top liner in montral when we're healthy, heck he's not a top liner in his callup now.He should go down, so should Palushaj. Let moen stay with eller kosty and let Weber play the fourth and PP. I'm fine with him getting a few more games, to see what he has to do to make it in the NHL, but there is no way I want him to stay up as a member of the bottom 6.

yes but he did get 11 and 14 minutes in his last 2 games... now 10-14 minutes in the nhl is worth 20+ at the ahl level PP or not. in max's first stint in MTL he was played on a bad 3rd line... if leBlanc can stick on the 3rd line and play with AK and eller consistently he could in fact stick around for a bit. he does need to get to the 190-200 lb weight class though! as long as the habs are willing to give him nice minutes on either of the top 3 lines then im ok with that.. this is all performance based though obviously!

max-plex-gio

leblanc-Eller-AK

camm-DD-Cole

moen-noki-darche

yes but he did get 11 and 14 minutes in his last 2 games... now 10-14 minutes in the nhl is worth 20+ at the ahl level PP or not. in max's first stint in MTL he was played on a bad 3rd line... if leBlanc can stick on the 3rd line and play with AK and eller consistently he could in fact stick around for a bit. he does need to get to the 190-200 lb weight class though! as long as the habs are willing to give him nice minutes on either of the top 3 lines then im ok with that.. this is all performance based though obviously!

max-plex-gio

leblanc-Eller-AK

camm-DD-Cole

moen-noki-darche

Gio hasn't been producing to the level Cole has, and Leblanc isn't ready for those kind of minutes, though I am excited to see him next year.

We need Eller to step up into that spot asap...

Also, can't wait to see Darche's name spelled White :P

Pure spin. We are in the botton third of the league. We will see more backups until we prove to other teams they need their number one guy. It doesn't mean we will only see backups, depends on schedules, but teams are not afraid of us.

Do you think they would play Bernier for Boston, Pitts, Philly, Chicago, etc. ?

I don't know why some of you guys can't face facts. We are an average team with injuries. When they come back, we are an average team.

We do have one of the best goalies in the league which masks many issues, but how long can we be so dependent on our goalie being lights out good?

Our goalie is Carey Price. This means we can rely on lights-out good goaltending 98% of the time.

I heard the same song and dance during the Roy years. My answer is always the same: the goalie counts. He is part of the team.

So any assessment of our supposed 'mediocrity' should incorporate an analysis of the goaltending.

All that said, I think it's clear we are a bubble team with the present defensive alignment - maybe a bit above that with everyone healthy. Add Markov and Campoli, things look rather different. Whether we will be able to add Markov, that's another question.