Kaberle to Montreal

Colin

didnt see that coming!

just when spacek was about to come off the books! another one comes on

considering what boston gave up for him at the deadline..... its not like we got fleeced! but we did take on more salary

Now we have Kaberle, Campoli, Markov, Diaz.......4 guys who can;t shoot but will pass.

brilliant move by Carolina to shed this. Why would Molson approve this? Guess Gauthier isn't going anywhere huh.

Let's hope he returns to his toronto form, otherwise that is one awful contract to be stuck with. Have to wonder what this means for Gorges, can we really afford to resign him next season with Kaberle's contract on the books?

gorges- subban

kaberle- campoli

gill- emelin

???

WTF another lefty?

where's markov fit in this and diaz and st. denis will be sent down upon campoli's return

does anyone remember what boston gave up for him??

I do think it means Markov isn't coming back anytime soon. I would not have done Kaberle but that's me. He can move the puck on the point. As others point out, he can't shott much.

It will balance out the D IMO.

Gorges (natural RD) Kaberle

Subban Emelin

Gill Diaz Campoli (when healthy)

To me it smells of desperation which is ok, since this team is desperate.

I'll assume this isn't the first move. Also PG can remove alot of cap space with players at the deadline if they don't improve.

I would still go after a big Center

Hmm... this doesn't make sense for after this season. It hurts our chances of keeping Gorges, and like many have said, he's been brutal since he left TO.

Here's hoping he solves our PP issues... but isn't that why Boston traded for him?!

I do think it means Markov isn't coming back anytime soon. I would not have done Kaberle but that's me. He can move the puck on the point. As others point out, he can't shott much.

It will balance out the D IMO.

Gorges (natural RD) Kaberle

Subban Emelin

Gill Diaz Campoli (when healthy)

To me it smells of desperation which is ok, since this team is desperate.

I'll assume this isn't the first move. Also PG can remove alot of cap space with players at the deadline if they don't improve.

I would still go after a big Center

Don';t think Gorges was a natural right? he was paired with Weber I believe when he was in Kelowna no? he just became a right d out of necessity. Now Emelin and Campoli will have to do the same. Honestly I don;t see any positive way of spinning this trade at all.

We can all agree that it cannot be worse than Spacek right ?

You've obviously not seen Kaberle play the past year and a half. He was by far the worst D-man on the Bruins, killed their PP, struggles mightily defensively. He is just horrible.

If true, McCabe has the shot. No doubt about that.

Then i think you will see Weber out, Diaz in the minors and probably one other dman moving

Hypothetically assume McCabe comes to MTL.....what then?

Markov, Emelin, Gorges, Subban, Kaberle, McCabe, Campoli, Gill.......Are we going with 2 d on the wing on the 4th?

I believe he is a RD, he was paired with Markov and others when he came over. I know he played RD in San Jose also.

I think he can play both sides obviously, but the team D needs balance.

You've obviously not seen Kaberle play the past year and a half. He was by far the worst D-man on the Bruins, killed their PP, struggles mightily defensively. He is just horrible.

Well... I watched pretty much every game I could that involved Kaberle.

I mean, between Kaberle and Spacek, who can help our team the most right now ?? Certainly not Spacek IMHO.

I believe he is a RD, he was paired with Markov and others when he came over. I know he played RD in San Jose also.

I think he can play both sides obviously, but the team D needs balance.

gorges is a natural lefty... when he settled into the top 6 in MTL he formed a shut down pairing with gill on the right just to keep him in the line up just like hammer and spacek...

with that said all of gill, markov, gorges, emelin are lefties and now kaberle... diaz, subban, weber, st. denis righties

oh ya plus campoli