GDT Grungy Day Thread Flyers visit Canadiens

JMMR

We got jobbed again, but they can't screw up this PP.. they must get a goal on the tail end of it. You know Chris Lee will give Philly a bunch of chances later and even if he doesn't, this will be a huge momentum swing if Philly can kill it.

I'm confident the Habs will get one in the 2nd period. Lots of good momentum building up from their play.

Why couldn't a referee call a penalty on the Flyers for the guy that put his hand on the puck in the crease ?! That should have been a penalty shot, no matter how brief it happened.

I'm confident the Habs will get one in the 2nd period. Lots of good momentum building up from their play.

Why couldn't a referee call a penalty on the Flyers for the guy that put his hand on the puck in the crease ?! That should have been a penalty shot, no matter how brief it happened.

Seems to me Gorges was called for that in the last minute of a game.

That was a tough call on the no-goal. Still, the PP should have scored there, they surely had enough chances to bury one. Philly most certainly has the momentum going into the 2nd but the Habs, on the tail end of the 5-on-4, can change that in a hurry.

Price credited with 3 giveaways in that period, he'll need to shore up the puck handling. So far, the Emelin on the right experiment continues to cause problems, this is why he originally was planned to sit (before Diaz got sick), to give him some experience before throwing him to the wolves. For those watching on TSN, they noted Cammalleri wasn't shooting much at home. I think he got the message with 4 shots in the 1st.

The no-goal was.... Epic.

WAIDAMINIT! Turd Burgler? CHRIS LEE? :nuts:

That was a tough call on the no-goal.

You running for office? Any other team in the league. Any other ref. That's a goal.

That was a tough call on the no-goal. Still, the PP should have scored there, they surely had enough chances to bury one. Philly most certainly has the momentum going into the 2nd but the Habs, on the tail end of the 5-on-4, can change that in a hurry.

Price credited with 3 giveaways in that period, he'll need to shore up the puck handling. So far, the Emelin on the right experiment continues to cause problems, this is why he originally was planned to sit (before Diaz got sick), to give him some experience before throwing him to the wolves. For those watching on TSN, they noted Cammalleri wasn't shooting much at home. I think he got the message with 4 shots in the 1st.

That no-goal was brutal. Cole's presence was largely without consequence, and the league typically let's players get away with far worse.

Good point on Price's puck handling, salient statistic as well.

As for Cammalleri, he is shooting more but he is still skating in half strides, especially when he sets up to challenge the puck carrier on the boards. He looks like he is trying to trick opposing players away from the puck as opposed to forcing a turnover by forechecking hard.

well, they wasted it. robbed on one, but that should have been a couple goals...

I still think the real problem is our forwards can't friggin score. Other teams score on price from in tight by getting it up, but Cammy, Pleks, etc have a penchant for shooting it right into the pads.

Our down load play on the PP has to be better. Right now, we are a one trick pony... shot from the point.