GDT Grungy Day Thread Flyers visit Canadiens

JMMR

Cole looks like the Cole from before he broke his neck. JM sure was right - Cole is no good on the PP!

And Desharnais gets caught at the buzzer with interference 4 on 4 to start the 3rd

The problem is that half of these calls are habs fighting back against clutch and grab hockey. Flyers clutch and grab so much that they can't call all of it. Cammie on Timonen was a perfect example.

The stats pointed toward him not being a power play guy. 15 PP goals in 3 years is pretty weak.

Fair enough, but he is a true POWER forward with skills and soft hands. Name me one other coach in the league - hell, name me one other coach in the WORLD that would have Moen or Darche on the PP BEFORE Cole????

The stats pointed toward him not being a power play guy. 15 PP goals in 3 years is pretty weak.

Cole was only averaging 2.32 minutes a game on the PP the last 3 years, while he's averaging 3.15 minutes a game this year.

Cole was only averaging about 2.25 minutes a game on the PP the last 3 years, while he's averaging 3.15 minutes a game this year.

Yep if you look at the top PP time guys on the habs, the following is their goal production:

Pleks had 3 PP goals, MaxPac 7, Cammy 7, Gionta, 7, Gomez 3

Then you had Ak46 5, Darche 1, Moen 2, yet to start of the year, Darche and Moen were getting more PP time then even AK46.

With the Canes, Cole had 3 PP goals - same as Darche and Moen combined. The year before he had 2 in only 40 games played, So if JM wants to through Cole's career stats, he should also be considering those of the slugs he was picking over Cole AND Ak46.

Fair enough, but he is a true POWER forward with skills and soft hands. Name me one other coach in the league - hell, name me one other coach in the WORLD that would have Moen or Darche on the PP BEFORE Cole????

I totally agree. It just wasn't a no brainer based on his stats.

Wow this PP just looks good now.

it's really not going to be truly good, unless they get Cammy going. I'm really running out of patience with him.

I totally agree. It just wasn't a no brainer based on his stats.

I still disagree - his PP stats were still better then Darche or Moen's.