Monsters vs Bulldogs, Dec. 31, 3:00 PM

dlbalr

The Bulldogs' busy week (4-in-6) ends this afternoon against a team they haven't seen in ages (a whole 17 days this time!) in Lake Erie. With a regulation win, Hamilton would pull into a tie with the Monsters for 3rd in the division.

le09_500.jpg

Active scoring leaders:

Goals: Hugh Jessiman (16)

Assists: Tyson Barrie (16)

PIMS: Hugh Jessiman (52)

+/-: Cameron Gaunce (+10)

ham09_500.jpg

Active scoring leaders:

Goals: Andreas Engqvist (9)

Assists: St-Denis/Willsie (13)

PIMS: Zack FitzGerald (117)

+/-: Andreas Engqvist (+5)

Puck drop is at 3:00 PM EST and can be listened to by clicking this link: http://cham.player.amri.ca/

Yeah, that is the same Jessiman that was a first round pick of Rangers ever so long ago until he was deemed a bust. I believe last game he had a hatter, so maybe finally his talent has started to show up.

He can shoot the puck but passing is another story. He's going for the AHL's 'Cy Young' award (if only that actually existed) with 16-2 as his goals/assists ratio thus far.

He can shoot the puck but passing is another story. He's going for the AHL's 'Cy Young' award (if only that actually existed) with 16-2 as his goals/assists ratio thus far.

Seems to me we could use somebody that could close the deal. Does he have a problem receiving the puck?

Two guys I would like to hear about are Mayer and Mitera. Maybe between you and Lammy you could fill me in on how they are progressing. Thanx

Mayer hasn't been bad lately (hence getting back to back starts). His season numbers aren't pretty but he seems to be more of the goalie he was back in the East Coast League, the bad goals aren't killing him right now. As I type that, he coughs one up, go figure.

Mitera has been much better as of late. I remember early on he was a league worst -8, since then he's only been -3. I don't recall hearing him much on the special teams side of things though, he's still a 3rd pairing D. Some progression is better than none but he has a long way to go still.

As I referenced, Mayer just coughed one up, it's now 2-1 Monsters late in the 3rd.

Mayer hasn't been bad lately (hence getting back to back starts). His season numbers aren't pretty but he seems to be more of the goalie he was back in the East Coast League, the bad goals aren't killing him right now. As I type that, he coughs one up, go figure.

Mitera has been much better as of late. I remember early on he was a league worst -8, since then he's only been -3. I don't recall hearing him much on the special teams side of things though, he's still a 3rd pairing D. Some progression is better than none but he has a long way to go still.

As I referenced, Mayer just coughed one up, it's now 2-1 Monsters late in the 3rd.

We tied it up late and I believe we will see overtime. On the Willsie thing- I don't think anyone would ever refer to him as a sniper. If I recall he put up pretty good numbers in the Ahl last year and he was here to contribute with veteran experience, not to be the go-to-guy. I do believe most of his production was as a winger.

We tied it up late and I believe we will see overtime. On the Willsie thing- I don't think anyone would ever refer to him as a sniper. If I recall he put up pretty good numbers in the Ahl last year and he was here to contribute with veteran experience, not to be the go-to-guy. I do believe most of his production was as a winger.

Yeah, Fortier got one late but the Dogs still lost in a shootout. A point's still not bad at least.

As for Willsie, he had 26 goals 2 years ago and 30 last season. By AHL standards, that's a goal scorer; he's not the 14th highest paid forward in the league to play at a 10 goal pace. His production was all at the wing in those years, the Habs and Bulldogs seem insistent on playing him out of position for some odd reason. Interestingly enough, he's shooting the puck at a much higher rate this year, they're just not going in.

Agreed.

With Mitera soon to be an RFA, and all the D about to go pro next year; Beaulieu, Tinordi, Ellis, Pateryn... and possibly Fishel (is one great NCAA season enough to get an offer) and Nygren (more likely 2013); plus the return of Nash not too far away, I think he really needs a strong second half to even get a contract offer.