Please, no desperation moves just to try to squeak into the playoffs!

REV-G

Sorry I didn't realize it was the same guy as the Euro one. But the Euro argument is one that is a pet peeve of mine, even though I'm a proud Canadian.... I just really dislike the belief that place of birth makes you better than someone else.

There's only two things I hate in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch.

• Upvote 3

I know there is alot of talk of selling but with the Cammalleri cap savings and the LTIR money that we have available we actually have quite a bit of space. About $1.8 million in cap space and another $4.3 in LTIR.

I am not saying we need to be buyers but I would look to see what the market offers and potentially add a missing piece to this puzzle if possible.

I know there is alot of talk of selling but with the Cammalleri cap savings and the LTIR money that we have available we actually have quite a bit of space. About $1.8 million in cap space and another $4.3 in LTIR.

I am not saying we need to be buyers but I would look to see what the market offers and potentially add a missing piece to this puzzle if possible.

If what we are buying is part of our stanley cup winning team, then go for it. If we are buying a crappy contract to "shore up this year", then it is nuts.

If what we are buying is part of our stanley cup winning team, then go for it. If we are buying a crappy contract to "shore up this year", then it is nuts.

I am thinking more along the lines of adding a piece this year to solidify next year. Say for instance LA has a trade in the worksto acquire a top 6 forward but needs to shed salary then Montreal should be proactive and take the Penner contract off their hands thereby securing an added asset (i.e. a pick or prospect).

Or indirectly, making a couple of smaller moves to accumulate a bigger move. Say for instance parting ways with Moen, Kostitsyn, Campoli, Gill for individual pieces and then adding them to lure a big fish.

So say for instance we hypothetically still target Getzlaf or Staal. You deal Kostitsyn for a secound round pick, part with Gill for a 3rd or a mid level prospect, etc..... then send a package to Anaheim thereby parting ways with some of those assets just acquired to land a bigger fish.

Basically use this deadline to sure up the team going forward.

Sorry I didn't realize it was the same guy as the Euro one. But the Euro argument is one that is a pet peeve of mine, even though I'm a proud Canadian.... I just really dislike the belief that place of birth makes you better than someone else.

As for this one.. I'm not as set on it... though i do like Pacs.

To the Rookie.... Welcome .... and stick up an avatar so we can all more easily identify you.

Um,Emelin is my favorite player,Halak was before that,Kovalev and Koivu have been also. And I'm Euro. Sorry to have facts skewer your PC opinions of people that you don't even know.If I didn't like PK,(I do) you'd be calling me a racist.Last time I reply to this subject .BTW I hate PG,and what he and Gainey(two Canadians) have done to this team.And I'm all for trading Gill,Gomez and Gionta.I'm not anti US though