Blues @ Canadiens

bar

It's not my turn for the GDT so I'll wait to see if Brian wants to risk the streak and let me do the GDT....while you're here...take a look at the the chief de canadiens (haha is this anywheres even close to correct? My french is terrible) when he was a player:

I hate it when this teams Wins when I would prefer they lose and lose when I prefer they win.

I still believe they can not get in this season.

I want t top 3 pick so badly.

I wont CHEER for them to lose but I will not get upset if they do.

I hate it when this teams Wins when I would prefer they lose and lose when I prefer they win.

I still believe they can not get in this season.

I want t top 3 pick so badly.

I wont CHEER for them to lose but I will not get upset if they do.

Only way the Habs get a top 3 pick, is by trading Subban,/Pacioretty to Columbus or Ducks, or if Carey said screw this hockey crap and became a full time cowboy tomorrow.

But like you, i have tossed in the towel for this season and am looking towards developing youngsters and next fall. But am also not adverse to a crazy winning streak and all the pieces finally coming togeather and all the stars somehow aligning for next 3 months, as unlikely as that might be.

• Upvote 1

Nice to see some applause for Halak when he handled the puck... I am glad to see his season coming together with the new coach.

Hopefully we get a good game tonight with some great goaltending both ways.

I haven't had a big issue with our defence containing them,, they only had one or two scoring chances despite lots of shots and possession. We are keeping them outside.

Its when we get the puck, we can't make a pass and every attempt just ends up on the blues sticks in the neutral zone or their own end.

We can't connect on any breakouts.

Habs are playing like they are just trying to keep them from scoring. It reminds me of that playoff series with Washington..

What is sad is the pregame comments from RC about having to go hard to the net... well, first you need to get in their end...

I think the coaching staff needs to make an adjustment to the breakout plan, St. Louis' forecheck is more aggressive than a typical trap-formation that Hitchcock generally uses with his teams. Short passes should be the key rather than the long breakout ones we've seen a lot more of lately. The Habs had 9 giveaways in the period...there are games where they don't have that many.