Cammalleri Traded to Calgary

Commandant

Like many have suggested already - it was probably a GM from one of the 7 teams that Cami wouldn't agree to be moved to. Habs29, bless his soul, is using any fuel he can find to keep his fire going. Heck, he's going back 15 years (where we had a different owner, president, gm, coach and players) to pull up dead horses to beat on :P I don't know how you can indict the management when the entire organization is run by completely different people?

True, PG has given up a few picks, but that's what it takes when you're picking up a 1) James Wiz type players, or 2) buying rentals when your 4th line/defense is so terribly depleted from injury that you have no other choice if you have any intention of winning a game in the playoffs. Other than the 2 and 5 for Wiz, it's been a 4th, some 5ths and a 7th. Hardly the picks used as building blocks for your future (shush you Gallagher fans!).

YES absolutely we could have signed Wiz for Kaberle money - well maybe. Maybe PG tried. Do we know for sure? The Wiz was already tearing it up with the Isles (with the exception of his +/-), so i'm pretty sure his agent was ready to hold off for the bigger pay day as the Habs ran their PP to the top of the league. Plus, the Wiz was a stopgap. We didn't intend to keep him with Markov waiting to return. And THAT is the reason why we have Kabby in the first place! He wasn't there to replace the Wiz that we didn't sign in the off-season, he was picked up to replace the Markov who didn't end up being ready the following season in December.

Laps was traded for a 5th that got us Paul Mara, and Brett Festerling which got us Drew MacIntyre who did very well for us in the Hammer. And even he was shipped around afterwards less than 20 games later. D'agostini? He was hot for about 5 games in Montreal and then did absolutely nothing for the other 95 games over 2 seasons. He'll maybe hit 30 pts this year. He was more of a one-trick pony than Ryder, except he didn't pot 30 a year for us. Fatty Latendresse? Who's played 76 games in 3 season with Minny? The guy is so outta shape that he's been injured time and time again (although the concussion he has now probably isn't related).

PG appears to not be giving up on this year. Perhaps he didn't want to wait for us to continue losing until the trade deadline before making changes. Changes that could possibly get us to that 8th seed. Maybe if we make the playoffs, get Molson a few extra million for those minimum 2 home games, then he'll have enough pocket change to justify sending Gomer to the minors - which makes more cap sense than buying that albatross contract out and suffering with the hit for even more years. I'm telling you, there is always a twisted method to the madness of each GM. Except Milbury and Houle. That was just madness and no method. :lol:

It may simply be that I'm such a homer that I can' t criticize intelligently, but I fully agree. Every gm ha got to know...all year long just who has who where for how much and at what point. We extrapolite from our own surprise and frankly...ignorance... and project this on the gm.

I Markov was not ready as medical advice said he would be. End of story. The goat tried some good moves to transition and they were good moves. Man proposes. Allah disposes.

I am glad we are trying to compete: I prefer sports to prostitution.

Slow!?

Quite the contrary, this guy is fast. Probably a little faster than Cammalleri. No, he really is not slow at all.

OK, OK, maybe he just has an awkward skating stride or something!! I must have been bananas.

• 3 weeks later...

Last night Cammalleri was on the 4th line with Jones and Kolanos.

He is -5.

I thought it was a terrible trade for both teams. I would think he'll be moved at the deadline.His playoff performances for us will always leave a positive impression with me,as did Halak's and even Gill's and Gorges'.

I thought it was a terrible trade for both teams. I would think he'll be moved at the deadline.His playoff performances for us will always leave a positive impression with me,as did Halak's and even Gill's and Gorges'.

You bring up an interesting point there. If Calgary does fall down the standings, they may very well try and flip him. If they do, it will be worthwhile to note the return as presumably they would do a better job of shopping him.

You bring up an interesting point there. If Calgary does fall down the standings, they may very well try and flip him. If they do, it will be worthwhile to note the return as presumably they would do a better job of shopping him.

Fact is, trading a playoff superstar at the trade deadline will always get you a better return than trading him at his lowest value point. Calgary acquired him to try to make the playoffs. If they are out, they'll be dealing him to a team trying to add playoff goal scoring. Problem is, it'd have to be a team that wants him for beyond

Only team that fits that bill will likely be LA. LA would basically be losing Penner and adding Cammalleri.

Fact is, trading a playoff superstar at the trade deadline will always get you a better return than trading him at his lowest value point. Calgary acquired him to try to make the playoffs. If they are out, they'll be dealing him to a team trying to add playoff goal scoring. Problem is, it'd have to be a team that wants him for beyond

Only team that fits that bill will likely be LA. LA would basically be losing Penner and adding Cammalleri.

I could see teams that have had been knocked out of the playoffs like SJ willing to get him, or even a team like the pens. I don't see Sutter or Lombardi wanting him, given neither were willing to give him the money when he was in Calgary or LA.

It will really hurt if Calgary does fall out further and they move him for a better return at the deadline.

Fact is that he still doesn't produce with 3 different coach for him. Nobody else will take him and his contract.

Calgary is still in the fight for playoffs but they use this " Winner" on the fourth

line, he is not a positive factor in his team, neither he was in it's previous team.

Do you really think that we could havbe more than Bourque and a second rounder next year

for 13 ? Next year draft is gonna ne better than this year and with "13"in Calgary line up this is a top

35 choice..

Fact is that he still doesn't produce with 3 different coach for him. Nobody else will take him and his contract.

Calgary is still in the fight for playoffs but they use this " Winner" on the fourth

line, he is not a positive factor in his team, neither he was in it's previous team.

Do you really think that we could havbe more than Bourque and a second rounder next year

for 13 ? Next year draft is gonna ne better than this year and with "13"in Calgary line up this is a top

35 choice..

Calgary is in the same mess as us. They've got a coach really hasn't much success in the NHL, but is highly regarded. They should be sellers, but are hell bent on trading away the future for today. They were not the type of team that should have been trying to trade for Cammy. Although, i have to admit, I really thought, he would be more productive there. BUt lets face it, the flames have as much trouble scoring as we do.

I don't think he is worth thta much, a "playoff hero" as he is called may be worth it. However as a few people point out he isn't playing well, has aan attitude problem, dropped to the 4th line and makes 6 mill?

I do think the flames may wind up with a first and some contract back.

The habs got a 25-30 goal scorer with size and some edge, a 2nd and from all accounts a pretty decent prospect with size and speed.

The weird thing is people bash bourque alot on here, but let Pleks, AK$^ and many others slide. Some of you even want to sure up K46 for around 4 mill, Bourque outperforms him. I just don't get it.

I think when you compare bourque to pleks or AK46, you need to take a few things into consideration.

First of all, bourque's production came from a more offensive flames system. With the exception of the year Kovy, pleks, ak46 lit it up and the Habs finished first, this habs have been an offensive black hole.

I wouldn't expect to see the same production from bourque in Montreal. Not without current system or Martin's system.

Secondly, bourque's job in Calgary wasn't to shutdown the oppositions top line , like pleks is tasked to do, or play hard PK minutes, like pleks does.

With respect to Ak46, even when he isn't producing at least he is hitting and bringing physicality. Boutique on the other hand tends to COMPLETELY disappear. If you've seen as many flames games as I have, you'd get what I'm talking about.

I don't think he is worth thta much, a "playoff hero" as he is called may be worth it. However as a few people point out he isn't playing well, has aan attitude problem, dropped to the 4th line and makes 6 mill?

I do think the flames may wind up with a first and some contract back.

The habs got a 25-30 goal scorer with size and some edge, a 2nd and from all accounts a pretty decent prospect with size and speed.

The weird thing is people bash bourque alot on here, but let Pleks, AK$^ and many others slide. Some of you even want to sure up K46 for around 4 mill, Bourque outperforms him. I just don't get it.

I think when you compare bourque to pleks or AK46, you need to take a few things into consideration.

First of all, bourque's production came from a more offensive flames system. With the exception of the year Kovy, pleks, ak46 lit it up and the Habs finished first, this habs have been an offensive black hole.

I wouldn't expect to see the same production from bourque in Montreal. Not without current system or Martin's system.

Secondly, bourque's job in Calgary wasn't to shutdown the oppositions top line , like pleks is tasked to do, or play hard PK minutes, like pleks does.

With respect to Ak46, even when he isn't producing at least he is hitting and bringing physicality. Boutique on the other hand tends to COMPLETELY disappear. If you've seen as many flames games as I have, you'd get what I'm talking about.

When AK disappears,he disappears. I'd just as soon not have eithe Bourque or AK here. These guys have proven they are not winners just by their inconsistent play and their disappearing acts in big games and/or playoffs. Unfortunately our system is so weak we are stuck with 1 or both for a while. At least with cammi there was only 2 years left on his contract,not 4 with Bourque

So Bourque is a minor league player? And we're the only team that would have him in the starting lineup? We can't have an all-star at every position. His cap hit is manageable. He's a piece of the puzzle going forward, with size. Nothing more, nothing less.

He's no minor leaguer definitely a top 9 and should be a top 6. Issue is, he is not someone I'd want to be stuck with for 4 years. In Calgary he is viewed as being one of the laziest guys they've got.

to

So Bourque is a minor league player? And we're the only team that would have him in the starting lineup? We can't have an all-star at every position. His cap hit is manageable. He's a piece of the puzzle going forward, with size. Nothing more, nothing less.

He's no minor leaguer definitely a top 9 and should be a top 6. Issue is, he is not someone I'd want to be stuck with for 4 years. In Calgary he is viewed as being one of the laziest guys they've got.

to

No one said he was a minor leaguer. I agree with this whole post. it seems if you don't say how great a player is,you're bashing him. Do these people realize we're battling for last place?

No one said he was a minor leaguer. I agree with this whole post. it seems if you don't say how great a player is,you're bashing him. Do these people realize we're battling for last place?

You bashed him, along with most of the roster. We get it, they're having a bad season. The team won't be gutted in the way you desire. That's just the way it is.

You bashed him, along with most of the roster. We get it, they're having a bad season. The team won't be gutted in the way you desire. That's just the way it is.

I didn't watch game but saw box score.26 shifts today,20 min t.o.i. 1 hit,0 sog. DD,Pacs,Cole and Emelin are the only players on this team that have played up to expectations . Of course I want to see this roster gutted.Those 4,Price,Pleks and PK are the only Habs I really even want back,though that's not feasible. The team sucks,dude.And no excuse changes that.People act that they know the players personally and want most back. Need a proper housecleaning this time,starting with management

I prefer to look at things realistically. The team won't be blown up. So I won't waste my time calling for it.

Exactly very tough and silly to move over half a team stil under contract.

Exactly very tough and silly to move over half a team stil under contract.

Very tough to do,if not impossible. But not silly to hope for that.you could do a huge rebuild with the $17-18m wasted for Kab,Gom and Mark.What's silly is thinking those could be moved

Very tough to do,if not impossible. But not silly to hope for that.you could do a huge rebuild with the $17-18m wasted for Kab,Gom and Mark.What's silly is thinking those could be moved

When Markov returns he will be a great asset to the team, when talking about a rebuild his name needs to be included as a important piece, Gomez and Kaberle need to go. Markov has been injured but when he comes back will be a huge asset to the team, we aren't that far from being competative, we just have a couple bad contracts that should be moved and players that don't fit all that well. Get rid of Kaberle for a bigger d-man, Gomez to free up the cap space to sign a top player at some point. That with development of younger players and the return of Markov will completely change the results we have been getting.

When Markov returns he will be a great asset to the team, when talking about a rebuild his name needs to be included as a important piece, Gomez and Kaberle need to go. Markov has been injured but when he comes back will be a huge asset to the team, we aren't that far from being competative, we just have a couple bad contracts that should be moved and players that don't fit all that well. Get rid of Kaberle for a bigger d-man, Gomez to free up the cap space to sign a top player at some point. That with development of younger players and the return of Markov will completely change the results we have been getting.

I shouldn't respond to this,but: Kaberle is unmovable b/c of contract.And I'd love to get a big dman. Gomez even moreso.One of the worst contracts ever. Markov is done,imo.A Markie timeline

07-08 playoffs: subpar because of "bad back"

08-09 playoffs: injured

09-10 45 reg season games,missed final 2 playoff rounds,we beat Pitt w/o him. And was outplayed by Gill/Gorges and Hamr vs. Wash

10-11: played 7 games total

11-12 games so far.

Career playoff stats 49 games 3g 15 a 18 pts.

At some point you have to move on.