Cammalleri Traded to Calgary

Commandant

I shouldn't respond to this,but: Kaberle is unmovable b/c of contract.And I'd love to get a big dman. Gomez even moreso.One of the worst contracts ever. Markov is done,imo.A Markie timeline

07-08 playoffs: subpar because of "bad back"

08-09 playoffs: injured

09-10 45 reg season games,missed final 2 playoff rounds,we beat Pitt w/o him. And was outplayed by Gill/Gorges and Hamr vs. Wash

10-11: played 7 games total

11-12 games so far.

Career playoff stats 49 games 3g 15 a 18 pts.

At some point you have to move on.

Kaberle is movable I mean... Carolina moved him, it wouldn't be easy but its possible, he has been producing in Montreal so teams may take notice of this. Gomez doesn't have to be moved to another team, but moved to Hamilton to free up the cap space would be lovely, or buying out, anything to get rid of the cap hit really. About Markov, we need to see him play before we make judgment on him. If he comes back and isn't performing to where he should be then of course he should go, but I say give him the chance to come back and earn his reputation again.

• Upvote 1

Very tough to do,if not impossible. But not silly to hope for that.you could do a huge rebuild with the $17-18m wasted for Kab,Gom and Mark.What's silly is thinking those could be moved

Moving 5 guys is not blowing the roster up.

It is a significant change.

And Markov only needs to be moved/bought out if he plays and looks bad otherwise its like he does not exist. (see Marc Savard)

Kaberle is movable I mean... Carolina moved him, it wouldn't be easy but its possible, he has been producing in Montreal so teams may take notice of this. Gomez doesn't have to be moved to another team, but moved to Hamilton to free up the cap space would be lovely, or buying out, anything to get rid of the cap hit really. About Markov, we need to see him play before we make judgment on him. If he comes back and isn't performing to where he should be then of course he should go, but I say give him the chance to come back and earn his reputation again.

This whole 'Kaberle is a millstone' argument is just bizarre. $4 mil is in no way a crippling contract and apart from a bad two months in Carolina his career has been freakishly consistent. The guy's a straight-up playmaking offensive defenceman who bags 50 points per season. That he is not physical and not entirely reliable defensively explains why he makes $4 mil rather than $6 mil. There won't be any gigantic problem in moving that contract...because most teams do not have an irrational hate-on for Kaberle, unlike some Habs fans.

Gomez is another story. Sadly.

This whole 'Kaberle is a millstone' argument is just bizarre. $4 mil is in no way a crippling contract and apart from a bad two months in Carolina his career has been freakishly consistent. The guy's a straight-up playmaking offensive defenceman who bags 50 points per season. That he is not physical and not entirely reliable defensively explains why he makes $4 mil rather than $6 mil. There won't be any gigantic problem in moving that contract...because most teams do not have an irrational hate-on for Kaberle, unlike some Habs fans.

Gomez is another story. Sadly.

I don't see this as necessarily true. Before he became a Hab it was widely reported that he was available and Carolina was willing to take almost nothing in return and yet he never moved. I think he's here for the long run as a #6 d-man making $4.5 million per season. Seems to be the story of this team for 2-3 years.

I don't see this as necessarily true. Before he became a Hab it was widely reported that he was available and Carolina was willing to take almost nothing in return and yet he never moved. I think he's here for the long run as a #6 d-man making $4.5 million per season. Seems to be the story of this team for 2-3 years.

My issue with it is that when markov comes back his role isn't important to the team and it would be much better to bring in a more physical defencemen.

We would have Diaz or Weber (maybe both who knows), Markov and PK as offensive. The only real physical/defensive guys are Gorges and Emelin, if Gill leaves then we would need another shutdown guy imo.

My issue with it is that when markov comes back his role isn't important to the team and it would be much better to bring in a more physical defencemen.

We would have Diaz or Weber (maybe both who knows), Markov and PK as offensive. The only real physical/defensive guys are Gorges and Emelin, if Gill leaves then we would need another shutdown guy imo.

Markov needs to play and stay healthy for several months before you can jettison the plan B, IMO.

Who clears the crease,who wins the puck battles in the corner. Who protects Price from getting run? Who prevents the Hortons and Lucics of the league from wacking at rebounds and having clean tips and tapins. That's why we lost in the playoffs last year,not bc of injuries.

Who clears the crease,who wins the puck battles in the corner. Who protects Price from getting run? Who prevents the Hortons and Lucics of the league from wacking at rebounds and having clean tips and tapins. That's why we lost in the playoffs last year,not bc of injuries.

We lost becasue the Habs could not win game 3 or 4 in Monteal.

Becasue they sat back with the lead in game 3.

Emelin. Gorges does that to. Gill clears the net pretty well.

If Gill leaves we need a replacement.

Emelin. Gorges does that to. Gill clears the net pretty well.

If Gill leaves we need a replacement.

I agree with Emelin and Gorges but Gill is not much of a crease clearer in the regular season. That changes in the playoffs or intense games but he does not do it game in game out.

And I love the guy.

Hals Pals Love Gills Skills.

We need a top four quality Son of A Bitch defenceman. Because of Gorges Versatility it wont matter if he's RD or LD, but we need a real asshole who can play 20+ minutes per game next year.

Markov - SOB/Gorges

SOB/Gorges - Subban

Kaberle - Emelin

Diaz

Shane O'Brien is the only guy I can think of but he only plays 19 and under a game.

Might as well just find stop gaps until Tinordi is ready.

I'm not sure who's availabel,but i'd like to find a guy like that in the rotation and another as maybe a # 7 to play vs. the bigger/tougher teams and as an injury replacement. I didn't think Paul Mara was that bad,and was surprised he didn't get picked up.

I'm not sure who's availabel,but i'd like to find a guy like that in the rotation and another as maybe a # 7 to play vs. the bigger/tougher teams and as an injury replacement. I didn't think Paul Mara was that bad,and was surprised he didn't get picked up.

Mara is a great team guy and loves Montreal.

That said he has the same skating ability without the tremendous PK ability but will drop the gloves more often and stand up for his teammates.

Shane O'Brien is the only guy I can think of but he only plays 19 and under a game.

Might as well just find stop gaps until Tinordi is ready.

I'm on my phone so I can't look it up but I thought there were a few top 4 guys who can throw a hit or two. Grossman in Dallas, Stuart in Detroit, Rome in Vancouver, and Boychuk in Boston. Maybe a couple others.

I'm on my phone so I can't look it up but I thought there were a few top 4 guys who can throw a hit or two. Grossman in Dallas, Stuart in Detroit, Rome in Vancouver, and Boychuk in Boston. Maybe a couple others.

You're correct that all four are UFA. Boychuk fits the bill perfectly. Grossman is actually fifth in time for the Stars but he's a possibility. Not a big fan of Aaron Rome and can't see Stuart leaving the Wings but yeah.

Either way, I think it'd be about finding stop gaps until Tinordi is ready. Grossman would be my pick out of those.

Absolutely its about a stop gap until tinordi is ready.

I could even see Emelin passing one of those guys and becoming a true top 4 guy before the end of next year, based on how he has progressed this year.

At the same time sophomore slumps happen so I want a stop gap just In case. If that stop gap ends up third pair with kaberle, so be it, but he needs to be capable of 20 + minutes in case emelin takes a step back.

We need two mean guys, one day it'll be emelin and tinordi, but need a stop gap for next year.

I agree but you can also get more offense (where we lack) and have everybody (Lucics and Hortons) of the world spending more time defending big bodies in their own end. PSST--- BIG CENTERS

I agree but you can also get more offense (where we lack) and have everybody (Lucics and Hortons) of the world spending more time defending big bodies in their own end. PSST--- BIG CENTERS

Which of our centers do you get rid of. DD,Pleks and Eller are all #2 or #3.Big centers are at a HUGE premium. it would take one of those,plus ALOT more

• 1 year later...

Seems the Cammi trade is kinda paying off.

Bourque, Holland and Fucale. Can't say I'm disappointed with the return. BorkBorkBork has been almost as good for half the price right off - even through injury. Holland still holds a fair amount of potential, and Fucale is more than just icing on the cake.

All in all, a good deal.

Seems the Cammi trade is kinda paying off.

Bourque, Holland and Fucale. Can't say I'm disappointed with the return. BorkBorkBork has been almost as good for half the price right off - even through injury. Holland still holds a fair amount of potential, and Fucale is more than just icing on the cake.

All in all, a good deal.

even if he was traded after 2nd period?

Ummm..I could be wrong, but we were the 5th highest scoring team in the league, last year..

What we do need, is a grit/size...Some beef up front and on the back end..We lacked accountability and character..

Fact is, we need *both* offence and grit. The loss of Ryder remains significant from the 'goals-for' point of view; that's a gaping hole in the lineup. As for size/grit, I don't think we're as badly off at forward in this respect as the Ottawa series suggested, but every little bit of extra muscle helps. A guy like Horton would be great in terms of killing both birds with one stone, but more likely it's going to be a piecemeal kind of thing. Ultimately, we need, in order, (a) a rugged bona-fide top-6 defensive defenceman (b) a scoring winger © size and ruggedness up front.

Fact is, we need *both* offence and grit. The loss of Ryder remains significant from the 'goals-for' point of view; that's a gaping hole in the lineup. As for size/grit, I don't think we're as badly off at forward in this respect as the Ottawa series suggested, but every little bit of extra muscle helps. A guy like Horton would be great in terms of killing both birds with one stone, but more likely it's going to be a piecemeal kind of thing. Ultimately, we need, in order, (a) a rugged bona-fide top-6 defensive defenceman (b) a scoring winger © size and ruggedness up front.

If we can copyright size I think we'll increase our chances at winning the Cup quite considerably.

Eric Cole?

:)