Douchebag Media Thread

zumpano21

Here's an idea.

I think it's time that HW started a thread to reverse the spotlight on douchebag members of the Montreal Press. We all know that the Habs are adversely affected by the local press thanks to their unrepentant, selfish, arrogant, unapologetic behaviour. The exaggeration of the Cammalleri quote from this past week was the last straw for me.

In this day and age, where opinion and momentum can be profound on the Web, it's time to start speaking up and trolling the comments section of the Gazette, La Presse or whatever presstitute rag we can find.

I encourage HW members to post examples here.

Let'er rip.

First up: Francois Gagnon. Responsible for the very liberal translation of Cammy's comments from English to French and back to English.

http://blogues.cyberpresse.ca/gagnon/

• Upvote 1

Don't blame gagnon.  Arpen Basu was also present and I beleive he confirmed what was said.  This was all Cammalleri.

Read the two stories back to back... not exactly the same quotes... and not exactly the same tone. Gagnon definitely added some spin to the story. Or Read this column from Martin Leclerc talking about both columns and what happened. http://blogues.radio-canada.ca/bloguesportif/2012/01/15/un-malaise-gros-comme-un-elephant/

Chris Nilan, on local radio, said we we all suspect about Mike Milbury. And absolute deep hatred for the Habs. Based on constantly losing to us during his entire career. He told of a funny story about how Milbury was going to go after that french guy Stefan Richer. Richer broke his nose with one punch. Can anyone explain why our national network has him on the payroll? It's disgusting.

you mean the same network that has employed the Ross dressing. Low. Don cherry for 30 years and also employs the "cute" P J stock as an analyst??

Chris Nilan, on local radio, said we we all suspect about Mike Milbury. And absolute deep hatred for the Habs. Based on constantly losing to us during his entire career. He told of a funny story about how Milbury was going to go after that french guy Stefan Richer. Richer broke his nose with one punch. Can anyone explain why our national network has him on the payroll? It's disgusting.

The most jaw-droppingly disgusting thing inflicted upon us by the so-called professional media was last season's continual dissing of Subban while that guttersnipe Brad Marchand, the most classless piece of sh*t on earth, continually got a pass because he wears the correct jersey. I called subliminal racism at the time and stand by that, but the most overt reason, of course, is that HNIC is a glorified chearleeding section for the Leafs and Bruins. The absence of either analysis or simply professionalism is repugnant to even minimal standards of sports journalism, let alone those we should expect from our disgrace of a national broadcaster.

EDIT: while I'm ranting, one thing that has always bugged me was Boone's repeated calling for Carbo's head, and then immediately turning around and attacking Gainey for firing Carbo. I like Boone and would never call him a 'douche,' but that was looooow.

I honestly feel that CBC just can't find any good on air talent. Commentators aside, it's no secret that TSN get all the true hockey analysts while CBC goes for shock-jock blow-hards like Cherry, Milbury, Stock and Healy. That network is really quite a joke.

Read the two stories back to back... not exactly the same quotes... and not exactly the same tone. Gagnon definitely added some spin to the story. Or Read this column from Martin Leclerc talking about both columns and what happened. http://blogues.radio...me-un-elephant/

Definitely read them but I just got the impression that basu was more subtle because he writes for the NHL and so therefore holds back on certian aspects of a conversation. Given what has come out since being deal about Cammalleri however hard to argue that Gagnon was exagerrating.

The most jaw-droppingly disgusting thing inflicted upon us by the so-called professional media was last season's continual dissing of Subban while that guttersnipe Brad Marchand, the most classless piece of sh*t on earth, continually got a pass because he wears the correct jersey. I called subliminal racism at the time and stand by that, but the most overt reason, of course, is that HNIC is a glorified chearleeding section for the Leafs and Bruins. The absence of either analysis or simply professionalism is repugnant to even minimal standards of sports journalism, let alone those we should expect from our disgrace of a national broadcaster.

I could have written that word for word I agree with you so much!

I honestly feel that CBC just can't find any good on air talent. Commentators aside, it's no secret that TSN get all the true hockey analysts while CBC goes for shock-jock blow-hards like Cherry, Milbury, Stock and Healy. That network is really quite a joke.

I find CBC has far too much of an anglophone / right-wing slant in its presentation of hockey. Having said that, I think, by and large, Friedman, Hrudy and Weekes do excellent work. Too bad they are overshadowed by the antics of Milbury, Cherry and Stock.

Speaking of Stock, am I the only one who feels he rather liberally takes shots at players currently in the NHL, especially when is he on RDS. As someone who was little more than an undersized pugilist in the NHL, perhaps he should tone it down (mind you, I would love if I just had the talent to be that!)

Definitely read them but I just got the impression that basu was more subtle because he writes for the NHL  and so therefore holds back on certian aspects of a conversation.  Given what has come out since being deal about Cammalleri however hard to argue that Gagnon was exagerrating.

I still think Gagnon was editorializing the comments quite judiciously though.

It's safe to say that we've picked up a lot of haters over the years. The amount of success, plus the fact that many have a Toronto connection, you can understand it. Mix in the french/english stuff, and it all makes sense. I laugh when most of them say "I don't cheer for any team in particular"

I still think Gagnon was editorializing the comments quite judiciously though.

I also feel there was a huge bit of that directed to the Habs 7th floor.The way the media has been ripping into the front office for how they 'keep the public' informed has been nothing less then a soap on prime time sports papers and (french) networks imo.

Boone , Gagnon, Milbury, Cherry are all good for a chuckle or 2 once in a while (for being so absurd and just kooky) and what they say dosent bother me too much at all, cause everyone has an opinion, however biased or intelligent.

I can only understand bits and pieces of French, but i watch every game on RDS and do not miss listening to CBC or TSN mouthpieces, although TSN is much better with McQuire gone, but then he pops up on american broadcasts along with Milbury, but just tune them out. (i heard Milbury say Habs "are a trainwreck, are too small and have below average goaltending" which again was quite funny i thought)

I used to read Boone's comments, but no longer as i just didnt agree with his take on games, coaching and players.

I don't like the way the Gazette writers bash Gauthier for not talking to the press enough. The motive behind the hatred is too transparent. It would be like if we made constant threads about how terrible management is for not regularly answering questions brought up on message boards.

Boone , Gagnon, Milbury, Cherry are all good for a chuckle or 2 once in a while (for being so absurd and just kooky) and what they say dosent bother me too much at all, cause everyone has an opinion, however biased or intelligent.

I can only understand bits and pieces of French, but i watch every game on RDS and do not miss listening to CBC or TSN mouthpieces, although TSN is much better with McQuire gone, but then he pops up on american broadcasts along with Milbury, but just tune them out. (i heard Milbury say Habs "are a trainwreck, are too small and have below average goaltending" which again was quite funny i thought)

I used to read Boone's comments, but no longer as i just didnt agree with his take on games, coaching and players.

To be honest, we are a trainwreck this season, at least in the front office. It has been a joke. We are too small. Price has been below average according to the stats. Price has not sucked, but he hasn't been as good as last year by any stretch.

To be honest, we are a trainwreck this season, at least in the front office. It has been a joke. We are too small. Price has been below average according to the stats. Price has not sucked, but he hasn't been as good as last year by any stretch.

Before the Cammy trade 7 of our 11 forwards being dressed were over 6 foot. Now we have 8 of 11.

Price's stats don't come close to telling the whole story of the season. Put an average NHL starter in our net instead of Price, and we're probably in a battle with Columbus for last.

Before the Cammy trade 7 of our 11 forwards being dressed were over 6 foot. Now we have 8 of 11.

Price's stats don't come close to telling the whole story of the season. Put an average NHL starter in our net instead of Price, and we're probably in a battle with Columbus for last.

Completely true. The whole thing about the habs being small is more a stereotype. Something the media just repeats as habit. Price is an excellent goalie, the people who don't agree are the people who will always devalue habs players. Milbury has an excellent history of... trading stars, terrible drafting and now yelling at children. Not exactly credible imo.

Put price in tampa and even without any defencemen, Tampa is probably in 6th place.

Cammy, Gionta, Gomez, Plek was pretty small top 6 group. I don't call it stereotyping at all. Some players the same size as Plek and Gomer play big. They do not. They play the perimeter. Without a big guy or two on each line, it was very easy to push around our top 6. Cole helped this. If Eller can become a true top 6er, he will help this. If I was an analyst, I would point this out too.

Cammy, Gionta, Gomez, Plek was pretty small top 6 group. I don't call it stereotyping at all. Some players the same size as Plek and Gomer play big. They do not. They play the perimeter. Without a big guy or two on each line, it was very easy to push around our top 6. Cole helped this. If Eller can become a true top 6er, he will help this. If I was an analyst, I would point this out too.

Yes it was true in 2009.

However its not true today.

The emergence of Pacioretty.

The signing of Cole

The trade for Eller.

The fact that one of Gomez or Gionta has been hurt for most of the season.

Its no longer true.

It started as a stereotype in 2009, but an analyst isn't doing his job if he looks at the current forward group and calls it small. Especially on the wings.