Trade Value of: Campoli

dlbalr

With the trade deadline now 6 weeks away, we're going to start running a series of ATB articles weekly on the site looking at what the trade value of certain players are. This week, it's Chris Campoli as everything I've heard is that his days are likely to be numbered sooner than later and I'd like to see this article on the main site before he's dealt.

So, what is Campoli worth? What teams do you think could be interested in him?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't believe we will get a fourth, but you know last week when his trade was announced falsely that there were posts here that were upset that we only got a fourth. Yes I believe we need to get a pick and not a prospect but the latter would not surprise me.

I don't believe we will get a fourth, but you know last week when his trade was announced falsely that there were posts here that were upset that we only got a fourth. Yes I believe we need to get a pick and not a prospect but the latter would not surprise me.

Yeah and I'll bet some of those were from the same people who have been assailing Campoli as a worthless piece of crap :rolleyes:

The guy took 20 minutes a night last playoff with the Blackhawks, he's got some kind of value. 4th-5th, methinks.

Love the guess that trade game, packaged with Pleks and dealt for Gutslaugh.

Serious better guess, IF he was dealt. 2nd or 3rd rounder is not out of the question. As for a taker I say TML. Then they go on to miss the playoffs as we squeek pass them.

Yes, but there a lot of gm's willing to overpay for worthless piece of crap - that was after all how we ended up with Gomez.

Yeah and I'll bet some of those were from the same people who have been assailing Campoli as a worthless piece of crap :rolleyes:

The guy took 20 minutes a night last playoff with the Blackhawks, he's got some kind of value. 4th-5th, methinks.

Mike Green out for 6 weeks.

Too bad Washington is one of those teams fighting for the last playoff spot, and too bad we haven't fully given up on said spot.... or I'd be calling them to see what they'd give for Weber or Campoli now.

They are actually one of the teams I wanted to target in moving Cammy. Cammy + Kaberle/weber and we take back some bad salaries (i.e. Schultz) and see if we can't get that Russian prospect they have.

If PG wakes up and realizes we have no chance, while the caps can still finish 3rd in the conference, we should still see if we can still snag him. Maybe Kaberle, weber and Moen for the russian kid and schultz???

I've read that Green may be damaged goods and they may not want to resign him at $5m.

Mike Green out for 6 weeks.

Too bad Washington is one of those teams fighting for the last playoff spot, and too bad we haven't fully given up on said spot.... or I'd be calling them to see what they'd give for Weber or Campoli now.

I think you are dreaming if you think they are giving up Kuznetsov for anything less than a big time star player.

Cammy was possible, but the collection of guys not so much

McPhee hasn't made many stupid deals since going the Caps as GM.

I think you are dreaming if you think they are giving up Kuznetsov for anything less than a star player.

Hey no harm in asking - remember what Sather said about him never seriously thinking he would actually be able to get McDonough.

I think it could be for a conditional draft pick, which will raise in value depending on how far the team makes it into the playoffs / how many games Campoli plays / etc. That said, I don't know that Gauthier has made many of those deals previously, so his natural tendancies may trump it.

Overall, I'd say he's worth a 4th round pick to a team that believes his offensive abilities will help their powerplay and moving he puck up 5-on-5. They'll also need to have a defense partner or system in place that will make of for his defensive gaffes.

If there are enough teams looking for a defenseman as we close in on the deadline (and I read that there are) &&& Gauthier actually takes the time to shop him, he may be able to raise the return to a 3rd round pick - at max - in my opinion.

I think we're looking at a Mara type of deal. Basically recover that 5th round pick we sent to Calgary. Unless Gauthier decides to use the trade to acquire a player with more salary in return.

I'd like to see Montreal flip him for a prospect. I don't expect anyone great, maybe a long term project.

I think we got to watch our 50 man limit. I prefer a pick because it would give us more flexibility in potential other deals. However if we have targetted a really good prospect such as Holland who has played a lot better than were he was drafted at, I am good with the prospect. I don't want just a body, that makes no sense.