2012 NHL Entry Draft talk

Commandant

Grigorenko playing through the ankle injury which looked horrific at the WJCs is all you need to know about his heart. And quite frankly, all you need to know about his play right now. There's no way he's fully recovered from that. I'm more concerned he isn't getting proper medical attention for it.

I checked the standings yesterday and was pleasantly surprised to see the Habs in 15th in the East and 28th overall. Keep up the good work, guys.

RNH activated from Oilers IR

Grigorenko with a hattrick last night

I hope RNH can stay healthy. For the sake of the game, I was hoping they'd shut him down for the year rather than risk a costly re-injury.

I have RNH in a pool as well.

I hope the Oilers reel off a 10 game winning streak.

People talk about Edmonton needing another top pick. I really think that winning is what they need for development.

Yes I would love to see Eberle in the playoffs. (hero mode)

For sure, if I had to pick a second team, it would be Edmonton. That behind the scenes show that featured the Oilers also helped.

For sure, if I had to pick a second team, it would be Edmonton. That behind the scenes show that featured the Oilers also helped.

I would say Edmonton would be my second, a good friend of mine is a Oilers fan so he has me up to date on all things Oil haha.

Though I really want Winnipeg to make the playoffs this season! The city deserves it

Although his size and skill at center are attractive, Grigorenko's supposed reputation as a floater is more than enough to put me off him. This team has had enough of that problem in the past couple years. If we end up picking 2nd or 3rd, we should be picking a player that's a sure bet to be an impact player, hopefully a franchise cornerstone. That being said, I wouldn't settle for a d-man with such a high pick. Assuming Yakupov goes first, that pretty much leaves Forsberg and maybe Galchenyuk. Forsberg would be my pick.

They need a top end center big time.

They have to go grigerenko or galchenyuk regardless of where they pick.

I don't see why they couldn't pick a D. If one is nhl ready, this team needs 3 of them.

• Upvote 1

I still rank my preferences as

1) Yakupov

2) Grigorenko

3) Galchenyuk

Yakupov is by far the best player in the draft. I'd take him no questions asked if we won the lottery. This kid is special.

Grigo has become a distant #2 for me.

Galchenyuk is #3 but if he comes back strong could challenge Grigorenko for 2.

1) Yakupov

2) Grigorenko

3) Galchenyuk

Yakupov is by far the best player in the draft. I'd take him no questions asked if we won the lottery. This kid is special.

The Caps felt the same when picking Ovechkin over Malkin

I take the centre for sure.

1) Yakupov

2) Grigorenko

3) Galchenyuk

seems about right, still Grigorenko's supposed inconsistant play, noted by Bob McKenzie, scares the crap out of me. And i would almost take Galchenyuk over him, but can he produce the same, without a Yakupov on his wing?

If Edmonton ends up with the 2nd overall pick who do you think they end up taking if Nail goes first?

I bet they trade down and grab a defenseman.

... GET OUT OF MY BRAIN MoLG!

Edited by Trizzak

What would you give up then if Habs finished 4th to get the 2nd overall pick and the guarenteed center.

The rights to bob gainey.

Not sure if it is a wish, just a thought or a feeling but for arguments sake let's say that Gauthier is let go as GM of the team. I have a sneaky suspicion that the new GM whoever that may be is going to try to make a splash at the draft.

There is also alot of talk that Plekanec was drawing interest from as many as 4 teams at the deadline.

Can you imagine Bettman arriving to the draft table and announcing "we have a trade to announce".

The Montreal Canadiens have traded the #2 overall pick, Danny Kristo and Tomas Plekanec to the Anaheim Ducks for Ryan Getzlaf

Not sure if it is a wish, just a thought or a feeling but for arguments sake let's say that Gauthier is let go as GM of the team. I have a sneaky suspicion that the new GM whoever that may be is going to try to make a splash at the draft.

There is also alot of talk that Plekanec was drawing interest from as many as 4 teams at the deadline.

Can you imagine Bettman arriving to the draft table and announcing "we have a trade to announce".

The Montreal Canadiens have traded the #2 overall pick, Danny Kristo and Tomas Plekanec to the Anaheim Ducks for Ryan Getzlaf

Getzlaf is ufa in one year i wouldn't do this too risky if he walks.

• Upvote 1

Getzlaf is ufa in one year i wouldn't do this too risky if he walks.

Not for a year.....but get permission ahead of time and secure his contract. No way in hell; I take a risk and give up that much for a potential one and done.