2012 NHL Entry Draft talk

Commandant

Lupul got hurt in Carlyle's 2nd game, not sure how he's supposed to be playing poorly when he dislocated his shoulder and hasnt been playing

Agree they have no goaltending but they still will go on a run. Its what they do.

What if this season... we are the Leafs? :shocked:

What if this season... we are the Leafs? :shocked:

Naw, I wouldn't worry too much about it..We have pretty good young talent in every position and we also have a stud in net..Just a circus of a year and injuries played a big role...

I expect us to be in the show next season..Similar to Philly's bad season a couple of seasons ago when they picked JVR 2nd overall..

Edited by Blonde Demon

If the season ended now, I think we'd still get either Galy or Grig.  I think the Isles and Oilers want a defenceman.  Now, the Wild on the other hand would probably take Galy or Grig.

Wild have a fantastic system, prospects everywhere but with Granlund, Coyle and Phillips close to NHL ready and Mikko Koivu signed a long time Im not sure they go forward. Regardless if the season ended we are behind the Wild. Also still not 100% convinced where the Oil go

Wild have a fantastic system, prospects everywhere but with Granlund, Coyle and Phillips close to NHL ready and Mikko Koivu signed a long time Im not sure they go forward. Regardless if the season ended we are behind the Wild. Also still not 100% convinced where the Oil go

Well sure, Edmonton can sometimes be unpredictable. Maybe not as unpredictable as Dean "Thomas Hickey" Lombardi but still.

Well sure, Edmonton can sometimes be unpredictable.  Maybe not as unpredictable as Dean "Thomas Hickey" Lombardi but still.

I just think that Oilers management doesn't believe in Sam Gagner as a number 2 centre and that they will not shy away from a Centre.  I think they will take the Best Player Available, and they might have the centres rated higher than the wings.  The only guy in that top 7 group I can't see them taking is Forsberg. I think they go BPA between the other 6

I just think that Oilers management doesn't believe in Sam Gagner as a number 2 centre and that they will not shy away from a Centre. I think they will take the Best Player Available, and they might have the centres rated higher than the wings. The only guy in that top 7 group I can't see them taking is Forsberg. I think they go BPA between the other 6

I've been seeing several different draft predictions/lists and one had Grig down to sixth while I think two I saw had Murray at as high as 3rd Overall. Makes me believe that some teams see Murray as a top three draft pick, not a top five.

Every scouts list is different, i've seen Murray anywhere from 2 - 10 depending on who you ask.  

I've got him at 4, but I'm not a pro scout by any stretch.

I just think the oilers go BPA if they draft 2nd, who that BPA is on their list, who knows?

All I'm saying is that I don't think the Oilers are 100% against taking a c and will pass one up to take murray or dumba at 2.

I was sad to see that we've dropped to 27th this morning...those damn Islanders couldn't win a game if their lives depended on it!

I was sad to see that we've dropped to 27th this morning...those damn Islanders couldn't win a game if their lives depended on it!

Virtual tie though, identical record and identical ROW. Plus we play them Saturday night.

Just gotta lose the next two.

Have to lose Saturday HAVE TO.

In regulation.

Wish we had O'Bryne

O'Bryne - Weber

Campoli - Kaberle

St. Dennis - (Another AHL call up for fun)

:D!

Have to lose Saturday HAVE TO.

In regulation.

Wish we had O'Bryne

Not sure who oBryne is.

But Ryan OByrne is a solid d-man, if that is who you meanand is the type of d-man the Habs could use till Tinordi is ready. But Bournival was a good trade-off for him.

Be kind of nice to see a losing streak; but the way they are playing, is unilkely, so if finish with 7th pick, so be it and will still get a super prospect, just the options will be a little more limited than 3rd or 4th is all..

Last 2 #7 picks are both likely to turn out very well (and both would look good in a Hab jersey), Skinner and Scheifele.

And the last 2 #8 picks also are very good ones with Couturier and Burmistrov, so if Habs go about 6-3-2 till game 82, wont be end of world by any means.

Mark Edwards ‏ @MarkEdwardsHP

#Galchenyuk arm injury: he already has full strength, told "Nothing serious just won't return tonight" #NHLDraft

Mike Eyre ‏ @spike0317

“@country1039CHOK: Word is...Alex Galchenyuk is out due to his shoulder...wanted to play the 3rd, Alex Sr said no...#StingTalk” @StingHockey

9:06 PM - 16 Mar 12 via Twitter for iPhone · Det

Mark Edwards ‏ @MarkEdwardsHP

Just spoke to #Galchenyuk. He looked pretty good and loaded his own bag on the bus. Sore between elbow and shoulder. #NHLDraft

So was it a hit into the boards? Or a puck? A stick?

What caused it anyways?