2012 NHL Entry Draft talk

Commandant

Price has had two great seasons. In fact Price's stats last year are better then Halak's stats in his last season in Montreal and Price's stats this year are better then Halak's last year.

This year is scewed because Price has no defense and Halak has Hitchcock, remember how bad Halak was to start the season? (Note that Halak isn't even St Louis starter cause Elliot has out played him all season).

Halak has yet to play 60 games. He isn't a proven starter.

Price played more games last year then Schneider has in his career... he is far from proven, good as the games he has played have been... its a huge gamble to trade a top pick, he is on a incredible team, who knows if those numbers would be different without guys like Bieksa and Kestler out there.

.934% and 2.11. Those are Price's playoff stats in last year's 7 games against Boston.

Halak's in his run were... .923% and 2.55 in 18 games.

He is proven. Kaboom your opinion is biased and not constructive.

And why are you talking about halak?

And why are you talking about halak?

Because you have praised Halak before and to make you realize how good Price is I was putting it into a comparison you would easily understand.

Price has had two great seasons. In fact Price's stats last year are better then Halak's stats in his last season in Montreal and Price's stats this year are better then Halak's last year.

This year is scewed because Price has no defense and Halak has Hitchcock, remember how bad Halak was to start the season? (Note that Halak isn't even St Louis starter cause Elliot has out played him all season).

Halak has yet to play 60 games. He isn't a proven starter.

Price played more games last year then Schneider has in his career... he is far from proven, good as the games he has played have been... its a huge gamble to trade a top pick, he is on a incredible team, who knows if those numbers would be different without guys like Bieksa and Kestler out there.

.934% and 2.11. Those are Price's playoff stats in last year's 7 games against Boston.

Halak's in his run were... .923% and 2.55 in 18 games.

He is proven. Kaboom your opinion is biased and not constructive.

Next time i will ask you what my opinion is homer. so u r comparing 7 games to 18? Did you send price a fruit basket and a thinking of you card? I made valid points and the backup canuck is pushing for a number one job there and there number one is better then ours!!!

Next time i will ask you what my opinion is homer. so u r comparing 7 games to 18? Did you send price a fruit basket and a thinking of you card? I made valid points and the backup canuck is pushing for a number one job there and there number one is better then ours!!!

You didn't make valid points about Price. You said he hadn't proved himself. Where is that evidence? Simmer there, no need to get personal haha.

Magic Numbers (pts lost by Habs + Pts gained by opponent)

Anaheim 1pt

Carolina 1pt

Toronto 1pt

Minny 1pt

Isles 3pts*

Edmonton 6 pts

So if we lose tonight, even in OT, we can clinch no worse than 4th overall.  A regulation loss is better.*Magic Number to the Isles is 2pts if our wins is via shootout instead of ROW.

Magic Numbers (pts lost by Habs + Pts gained by opponent)

Anaheim 1pt

Carolina 1pt

Toronto 1pt

Minny 1pt

Isles 3pts*

Edmonton 6 pts

So if we lose tonight, even in OT, we can clinch no worse than 4th overall. A regulation loss is better.*Magic Number to the Isles is 2pts if our wins is via shootout instead of ROW.

Maybe picking #5 is lucky for Habs anyways! And with 67-51-72 on fire, it could be a battle to stay in top 5?

And at least Ducks or Oilers will get 2 points tonight, be nice to see OT game happen.

Maybe picking #5 is lucky for Habs anyways! And with 67-51-72 on fire, it could be a battle to stay in top 5?

And at least Ducks or Oilers will get 2 points tonight, be nice to see OT game happen.

Lets hope for a Oil win in OT!

If my math is correct, we can no longer pick worse than 4th (we pick 3rd barring draft lottery change). The only way we can have a chance to pick 2nd is if Edmonton gets at least 1 point tonight. Tied at 0 with the Ducks. Ducks starting their back up who has only played 3 this year... Go Oilers!

EDIT: Gagne scores (who says they need a center?). 1-0.

Oilers pick up loser point. Oil must win last game and Habs must lose in regulation in order to get a guarantee top 3.

It's not very probable to happen. Looks like the Habs will finish 28th overall.

It's not very probable to happen. Looks like the Habs will finish 28th overall.

Improbable? Why? All Edmonton has to do is beat the Canucks in Vancouver... ;)

Is the game of any importance to Vancouver?

They'll be fighting for the President's Trophy potentially. How important that is to the organization I'm not sure but I wouldn't expect them to lay down for Edmonton.

Is there anyone who can say what the buzz is among analysts following Edmonton's draft? Do people suspect they will go for organizational needs (defense) first or BPA?

Everything I hear is that they have dual needs, both Centre and Defence. For this reason they will go BPA. They don't have faith in Gagner as a Top 6 player and would like a centre with size to go with RNH. They also have a lot of defence prospects but no one they can look at as a surefire #1. So I think they'd like both, but they are going to have to make a choice. For that reason they will let Stu MacGregor (there head scout) tell them who is the best player out of Grigo, Galchenyuk, Dumba, Murray. If they get first overall, they'll go Yakupov just because he's so much better than everyone else. The only guy in the top 7 who I think they definetely won't touch is Forsberg.

They'll be fighting for the President's Trophy potentially. How important that is to the organization I'm not sure but I wouldn't expect them to lay down for Edmonton.

Home advantage for SC finals. They have to be thinking about that.

If the Rangers win today, they will clinch the president's trophy. They have the ROW tiebreak with Vancouver.

If the Blues lose today (either regulation or OT), the Canucks will clinch 1st in the Western Conference.

There is a chance the Canucks game could be meaningless to them by the time the Blues game ends (probably around 1st intermission of the Canucks/Oilers game).

Profile #2 from our site.

http://lastwordonspo...ail-grigorenko/

Expect 3 and 4 to be up before the lottery.

Very good report on Grigo, i went ot the Remparts last night + 5 home games this year.

Thingd about him to consider, he is still very young and raw. He does have the smarts yet and will grow into it.

His lack of passion and competiveness would scare a lot of team away from him.

Just to give an example he soon, lost something like 15 faceoffs last night. Forcing Roy to play others with more hunger.

Not exactly what Habs need, he is Eller with a better shot.

Thought one thing to consider, he makes his team win by his play reading.