Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

I don't know that he'll be traded, but there is really no way that Gomez is a Hab come October 2012.

God I hope so. That's my Christmas wish this year.

To make me feel even better Santa, let Boston pick him up. If only.

Pollack may have been shrewd but that trade proposal aint.

Given Columbus's draft track record they would make that trade in an instant.

I suppose we will sign Budai long term as a #1 will we?

No we could get Giguere,or Berneir or trade eller back for halak,and i'm not kidding

Ha ha, that proposal must have been a joke.

You draft Price at #5 overall. So you're in effect trading your #5 pick for the #3 or 4 pick in this year's draft. Plus you're trading Gallagher, widely regarded as an elite prospect. That's not Pollock genius, it's more like Mike Milbury.

(In case this needs clarification, Sam Pollock's patented move was to trade veterans on the back-9 of their careers for top picks, NOT elite young goaltenders and high-end prospects for picks. Sheesh).

Spoken like a Price fan boy,not an objective fan.What have we won with Price since 05 ????? He has a below .500 record,including otl,he's 1-3 in playoff rounds and 8-15 total record. Gallagher is another smurf,playing with teenagers. He may be a keeper,or just another jr flash.We don't know. You're not getting a high lotto pick for Price alone.No way,unless Gainey takes over another team.Why can't you say he's being traded for the #1 pick,as that's the odds Columbus would have. Go with Budaj the rest of the way,and there's a good chance we get 2 of the 1st 3 picks

God I hope so. That's my Christmas wish this year.

To make me feel even better Santa, let Boston pick him up. If only.

Boston has a pretty good management.I predict Gomez is here next October,ready to atone for his bad seasons

I think everyone is movable. I think he is a #2 center in a #1 center role. Your asking him to do more than he is capable of. Given how hard it is to get a center in place, I would be reluctant to move him unless you were deep with ones and twos at that position.

Boones' a hack. Pleks is our best two way player imo.Being put in a #1 ctr role that he's not quite good enough for. Having an off year like many others.Entering his prime years

Boones' a hack. Pleks is our best two way player imo.Being put in a #1 ctr role that he's not quite good enough for. Having an off year like many others.Entering his prime years

Pleks would be an excellent #2 center, maybe the best in the league. He could easily anchor the best second line in the league. With a strong first line (Patches/Carter/Cole) Bourque/Pleks/Gallagher would be a strong second line if Gallagher is ready, AK if he's not. The year Kovy/Pleks/AK did so well they started the season as second line and built confidence, then dominated as a first line. Any team thats going to make to to the playoffs needs a reliable second line, this year we don't even have a first line to designate a second line.

Pleks would be an excellent #2 center, maybe the best in the league. He could easily anchor the best second line in the league. With a strong first line (Patches/Carter/Cole) Bourque/Pleks/Gallagher would be a strong second line if Gallagher is ready, AK if he's not. The year Kovy/Pleks/AK did so well they started the season as second line and built confidence, then dominated as a first line. Any team thats going to make to to the playoffs needs a reliable second line, this year we don't even have a first line to designate a second line.

Bourque is a 3rd liner,too inconsistent/lazy to be a 2nd liner. Gallagher? 19 yr old smurf playing vs. teens,and you have him pegged for the 2nd line?. He couldn' t score in preseason though getting alot of time vs. other teams preseason squad. I'm far from sold on him.And AK? We're stuck with him,unfortunately. This is one of the most unlikeable and worst Habs team in my lifetime

Bourque is a 3rd liner,too inconsistent/lazy to be a 2nd liner. Gallagher? 19 yr old smurf playing vs. teens,and you have him pegged for the 2nd line?. He couldn' t score in preseason though getting alot of time vs. other teams preseason squad. I'm far from sold on him.And AK? We're stuck with him,unfortunately. This is one of the most unlikeable and worst Habs team in my lifetime

AK has been scoring over 20 goals every full season with the habs. Bourque has scored 27 goals the past couple seasons, saying he is a 3rd liner is just an unfounded opinion, please give some support to your statements. Gallagher couldn't score in preseason yes. A year will pass, he has gotten much better, destroying the minors, and even in preseason what he could do was fight through much bigger players to get into excellent position and had great puck control. You don't look at the fact a player didn't score a year ago, a lot of development happens at this age. You look at what he could do and analyse the way he controlled himself on the ice. That is what got him so much talk before the season.

Its called looking beyond the surface level stuff.

You're bang on bbp. Everything about Gallagher suggests he can replace Gionta as an undersized, hardworking, valuable asset to our team in the future.

And how does Gio's 2 yrs/$10m after this year left on his contract disappear?Gallagher is a crapshoot,neither I nor you know how he will perform as an NHLer

And how does Gio's 2 yrs/$10m after this year left on his contract disappear?Gallagher is a crapshoot,neither I nor you know how he will perform as an NHLer

That's why I said suggests. That's the point of drafting 18 year olds. That's the system in place. And Gionta isn't going anywhere, why should he?

Gionta led our team in goals 2 years running. 28 goals in 61 games, 29 goals in 82.

He hasn't been healthy at all this year.

He played great both years in the playoffs.

He works his ass off every game, and almost never takes a shift off.

He kills penalties, plays PP, does everything.

What is wrong with 5 million for this guy?

• Upvote 1

Gionta led our team in goals 2 years running. 28 goals in 61 games, 29 goals in 82.

He hasn't been healthy at all this year.

He played great both years in the playoffs.

He works his ass off every game, and almost never takes a shift off.

He kills penalties, plays PP, does everything.

What is wrong with 5 million for this guy?

Nothing, I think the lafrous's worry (though poorly explained) is that we will have two guys of that size in our top six.

I don't have a problem with that as long as we don't have them on the same line and put em with big guys.

Nothing, I think the lafrous's worry (though poorly explained) is that we will have two guys of that size in our top six.

I don't have a problem with that as long as we don't have them on the same line and put em with big guys.

He'll be two years older since the last good season coming off an injury plagued and crappy season. Do you think any team would give him $5m/yr for next 2 years.You probably do,but no team would 3 years ago.Also DD is in the top 6,that would make 3 midgets,and Gallagher has to earn NHL time never mind top 6.

There is plenty of things we can pick appart for the failures of this team, but Gallagher isn't one of them. I don't know what your expectations are for a junior playing on a NHL roster but there are not many Crosbies out there. Give him a chance. I would agree that his size may be an issue and you can see us reverting back to smurfdom, essentially replacing Cammy with him. In that regard I am a proponent of picking the one you like from the group and getting rid of the rest of them.

There is plenty of things we can pick appart for the failures of this team, but Gallagher isn't one of them. I don't know what your expectations are for a junior playing on a NHL roster but there are not many Crosbies out there. Give him a chance. I would agree that his size may be an issue and you can see us reverting back to smurfdom, essentially replacing Cammy with him. In that regard I am a proponent of picking the one you like from the group and getting rid of the rest of them.

Of course he isn't. But like I said,people have him pegged as a 2nd liner next year.Probably the same ones that were saying Weber/Diaz are another Streit,or even worse,Eller is "Forsberg lite".I have np with him being a 1st or 2nd liner in Hamilton next year.I hope he becomes a 40 goal,1st liner for the habs in the near future.If it happens,it won't be for awhile.I'm just not ready to equate a 19 yr old playing against teenagers to playing against pro men.

Of course he isn't. But like I said,people have him pegged as a 2nd liner next year.Probably the same ones that were saying Weber/Diaz are another Streit,or even worse,Eller is "Forsberg lite".I have np with him being a 1st or 2nd liner in Hamilton next year.I hope he becomes a 40 goal,1st liner for the habs in the near future.If it happens,it won't be for awhile.I'm just not ready to equate a 19 yr old playing against teenagers to playing against pro men.

Good explanation. You know as well as I do, hab fans overrate their own and underrate everybody elses's. The second thing they do consistently is mentally finishing them before they are "finished". I remember reading about sending Conboy to Montreal as the pugilist when he first reached Hamilton at 6'4"/ 190 lbs. How would that work out? If you remember this year Engqvist had a following that concluded he would be no good, after precious few games in NHL. You also see demands for a king's ransom when we talk about value when we ship players out.

I hate the way fans canonize their unproven prospects - often arguing that we should ship out serviceable veteran X to make room for them on the roster. Two year later, of course, the same guys are demanding that we 'dump' the prospect as a bust even as they rave about some NEW up-and-comer. It's a classic case of the grass always being greener.

Gallagher has dominated in the juniors and been an impact player at the highest level (WJC). That is reason for optimism that he can be a top-6er in the future. But realistically this will probably take 3-4 seasons. And his size makes it a question mark of course.

As for Gionta, I don't give a rip about his salary, which is hardly crippling. If he comes back like the Gionta we saw for the previous two seasons, he will be a sparkplug for us and a signficant asset. It's premature to throw him on the slag-heap just because of one injury-addled season.

I hate the way fans canonize their unproven prospects - often arguing that we should ship out serviceable veteran X to make room for them on the roster. Two year later, of course, the same guys are demanding that we 'dump' the prospect as a bust even as they rave about some NEW up-and-comer. It's a classic case of the grass always being greener.

Gallagher has dominated in the juniors and been an impact player at the highest level (WJC). That is reason for optimism that he can be a top-6er in the future. But realistically this will probably take 3-4 seasons. And his size makes it a question mark of course.

As for Gionta, I don't give a rip about his salary, which is hardly crippling. If he comes back like the Gionta we saw for the previous two seasons, he will be a sparkplug for us and a signficant asset. It's premature to throw him on the slag-heap just because of one injury-addled season.

I don't mind Gio,overpaid or not,if he has a big body on his line. Bourque-Pleks-Gio isn't a bad 2nd line to go with DD-Cole-Pacs.he definitely has heart and being captain,and his style,may push Bourque to be more of a consistent force.

I don't mind Gio,overpaid or not,if he has a big body on his line. Bourque-Pleks-Gio isn't a bad 2nd line to go with DD-Cole-Pacs.he definitely has heart and being captain,and his style,may push Bourque to be more of a consistent force.

Do I detect something positive from Mr. lafrous10? There's hope for you...

Lafrous is on fire, having recently made a number of solid posts that refrain from personal attacks or wildly overblown negativity :thumbs_up: The dream is alive!!

• Upvote 1

Lafrous is on fire, having recently made a number of solid posts that refrain from personal attacks or wildly overblown negativity :thumbs_up: The dream is alive!!

Now the cup run :D!!!

He could just really love short Italians.

I forget his opnion on Cammy ;)

He could just really love short Italians.

I forget his opnion on Cammy ;)

I like players that come up big in big games/playoffs.That's why I like Cammi and Halak so much,and don't care for AK at all,and Markov as much as others do.

Actually I found the ignore button,so I won't get baited. I always took alot of dumb retaliatory penalties when I played,probably 90% of them.Not saying any of my attacks were dumb.

To me,there's nothing positive from this season other than DD,Pacs,Cole and Emelin.On the positive side that's almost 20% of our team

To me,there's nothing positive from this season other than DD,Pacs,Cole and Emelin.On the positive side that's almost 20% of our team

I'd call the league leading PK (with a shot at breaking the NHL record for success %) a pretty big positive as well.

I'd call the league leading PK (with a shot at breaking the NHL record for success %) a pretty big positive as well.

Maybe we should keep Gill and Moen just for the record ;)