Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

Whatever we make of the trade, we shouldn't deny that Cammalleri has it in him to be an elite scoring winger in the NHL. Something's gone wrong for him this season, but I don't think it changes that basic fact. Bourque, meanwhile, is at best an adequate second-line winger; in effect we traded Cammy for an older version of Kostitsyn. There almost certainly will come a time when Cammy is producing like an all-star for an extended period of time. Anyone defending that trade had better focus on the cap space gained and the 2nd round pick.

Does anyone remember a top 6 forward,who gets some pp time,ever having less than 10 assists in a full season. Bourque has 5 so far

Does anyone remember a top 6 forward,who gets some pp time,ever having less than 10 assists in a full season. Bourque has 5 so far

Joe Malone in 1917 had 44 goals and 4 assists. I'm pretty sure he was a top-6 forward. :) I'm sure there's a more modern answer somewhere...

Nik Zherdev had only 6 assists with Philly last season and saw some top-6 minutes. Ryan Jones had 18-7 last year playing nearly 14 minutes which is 2nd-ish on some teams. Those are the 2 closest from last year; I know Marek Svatos came close with a 26-11 season a few years ago.

Wouldn't make that deal even if I had a gun pointed to my head.

+1

No way i move that much for Nash. To move a 1st (that may be a top 3 pick), GOrges (from our current lineup - one of only 3 good dman) and Eller is a big price to pay for a guy who, while being an elite player is not a difference maker.

To me, if you start mortgaging parts of the future, it should only be for a Malkin, Crosby, Toews, or Shea Weber type of player - a player who can help transform not only a game, but a team to take the next step.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Price/Budaj

D: PK Suppan/L. Smid - A. Markov/J. Gorges - T. Peckham/A. Emelin (F. St. Denis or B. Nash as 7'th)

Forward: top line: Z. Parise/P. Stastny/ M. Moulson

M. Pacioretty/ D. Desharnais/ E. Cole

B. Prust/L.Eller/B. Gionta

R. White/B. Geoffrion/ A.Palushaj (Brad Staubitz)

Here's how trade Plekanec & Leblanc to Colorado for P. Stastny & P. Bordeleau

Trade T. Kaberle, Y. Weber & A, Engqvist to Edmonton for L. Smid & T. Peckham

Trade R. Bourque & R. Diaz to NYI for M. Moulson

P. Nokelainen can be used as a throw in for one of the trades if needed if not trade him for a draft pick.

Sign Z. Parise & B. Prust (UFA's) Once we have a centre like Stastny, Parise may come: offer 7.5 mill per year / 7 years.

Offer Prust 7.5m for 5 years go as high as 9 mill.

Ship Gomez to minors or trade for pick if possible.

I have never understood some people's fascination with career minor league enforcers. Patrick Bordeleau will soon turn 26 without ever getting a sniff in Colorado. Why would the Habs want him?

Trade T. Kaberle, Y. Weber & A, Engqvist to Edmonton for L. Smid & T. Peckham

This trade is so ridiculous haha, I love the look of that team and all... but this couldn't possibly EVER happen.

Smid has been Edmonton's best d-man this season. Engqvist isn't NHL ready (quite possible that he won't ever be) Weber has potential but wouldn't be as good as either of those two players plus Kaberle is exactly the last thing Edmonton is looking for. Edmonton needs Defensive depth and responsible defensive guys.

This trade would be a HUGE ripoff and 150% impossible.

Wish it would happen though :D!

I thought this website was "above" that fantasy, completely unrealistic stuff. If all that occurs, Rachel McAdam should be knocking on my door soon after.

Plekanec and our 1st for Eric Staal. Think about it.

You know I would have done this trade back when it looked like the Habs would be picking in the 6-11 spot.

It would be real tough to do now.

You know I would have done this trade back when it looked like the Habs would be picking in the 6-11 spot.

100%. Part of the issue is that, with the rise of Desharnais, the situation at C is not actually as horrible as we're accustomed to thinking. (It's not fabulous, but it's not God-awful anymore). This truth has been obscured by Plekanec's horrible season - but that it itself arguably a product of our lack of quality wingers more than Pleks himself. Get Pleks going and suddenly things look a lot better; as it is now we have one good line. Pleks is a guy you can build another very good line around, but he needs wingers. Get Gio back, get a stud LW, and look out for squalls.

I never thought we'd be in this situation, but we are: poised to pick a potential franchise, or at least high-end elite player. For God's sake, don't trade that.

With the high draft pick we hold in this draft, we HOPE to select a player who will eventually turn out to be as good as Staal. A clear cut #1 center who is big and can put up a PPG. We have plenty of draft picks in the cupboard, along with many prospects that are very close to jumping to the big league. Not to mention the young core that are already valuable pieces to this team now. Perhaps if our current roster composition was different, I would want to hold on to the draft pick, but I think the timing is right to make a big move like that. This team needs an identity. It needs players who can actually define their roles on the team. Go down the list, most of the players currently don't know what their role is, or who they will be playing with on any given night. I am sick and tired of having a bunch of good players, and not enough great players. I think a deal like this makes sense for both teams.

No thanks Staal is only a 70 pt guy for the most part. To move a top 3 pick plus Pleks I need a real superstar.

Staal since the lockout has averaged 79 points and 36 goals per year. He never gets injured, won a Cup and Olympic gold. It doesn't get much better than that.