Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

The summer cap might be 70 million.... the cap once the new CBA is signed will be lower.

You also have a 20 man roster... no backups, and somehow Kaberle just disappeared. So did Eller, and your third pairing defence have two guys neither of which can play on the Left side.

Also Price and Subban will get more money than you gave them... so will Emelin...

Not to agree with the roster changes... but he said Kaberle, Eller and the 3rd for Nash.

Horrid, I wouldnt give 3rd straight up for a 60 pt scorer who makes 7.8 per year

Rick Nash scores 30 goals in an off-year. He's 27, so has yet to enter his prime !! 6-4 winger. Class act. I don't care about the assists, the Habs have a hard time scoring. Nash is a premium scorer and he is available !

• Upvote 1

Rick Nash scores 30 goals in an off-year. He's 27, so has yet to enter his prime !! 6-4 winger. Class act. I don't care about the assists, the Habs have a hard time scoring. Nash is a premium scorer and he is available !

7.8 million for 30 goals is a heck of a price to play.

But who does nash play with? We have a lot more talent on our team so he could quite easily be a 80pt guy on our team.

Guys he's played with in Columbus at Various times

Jeff Carter,

Kristian Huselius,

Vaclav Prospal,

RJ Umberger

Ray Whitney

Andrew Cassels

Geoff Sanderson

David Vyborny

Nick Zherdev

Sergei Fedorov

There has been talent there at various times but he just doesn't get it done.

He's a guy who has the reputation but not the results.

Plus this team is really young... I'd rather take my chances with the draft pick, then pull a worse version (28 years old) of the Phil Kessel trade. I'd let Eller and the #3 grow with PK, Price Patch Beaulieu Tinordi

You know, I'd probably give up our first plus for John Tavares.

Maybe I'm just being influenced by this video and wanting to see them do this every week in Hab uniforms: http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1

I'd give up our 1st, both 2nds, the 3rd, and Dany Kristo for John Tavares.

Mark my words Tavares is *this damn close* to becoming an elite NHL centre. Still so young, he's primed to break out huge.

He scored 31 goals and 81 points this season with Matt Moulson (a career AHLer til someone put him on Tavares line) and PA Parenteau (career AHLer til he hit Tavares line).

He's the only scoring threat on the Isles and is focused on by every team in the league.

Kid is gonna be up there with Stamkos very soon... mark my words.

Agree completely.

Tavares to Montreal! Maybe Molson can buy them a new arena in exchange for him ;)

Lets send Komi & Higgins to the Island.. ugh.. never mind.. lmao

Agreed though.

DD, Weber, Kristo, Palushaj & all our 2nds.. for the next 3 years! Do it! DOOOIT!

Plekanec, Bourque, Ellis, a first and two seconds.

Or Patches and a first next year.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! The first deal is six players ! OK Bourque may be a small loss and we have no guarentees on Ellis, but still...

And no way do we want ot include Max in a deal like that although hopefull, the first next year will be very late in the first round

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! The first deal is six players ! OK Bourque may be a small loss and we have no guarentees on Ellis, but still...

And no way do we want ot include Max in a deal like that although hopefull, the first next year will be very late in the first round

I'm tossing things out because there's no way we could get him. Also, Pac is a 23 year old power forward in the making who scored 33 goals. John Tavares is a 21 year old elite center already made who scored 31 goals. It's the Islanders who wouldn't make that deal, not us.

Make all the deals you want but Price, Suban, Patches, Cole and Eller are not included in any trade. I think I will never be a candidate for GM,oh well I stay a fan.

Price I wouldn't trade because there are very few goalies I consider on his level and those that are, wouldn't be traded by their teams. Even if we drafted a Malcolm Subban, who I think will be a great goalie in the NHL, I'd still keep Price.

Subban I would trade if there was a situation like Erik Karlsson wanted to leave Ottawa and Subban alienated the locker room and they wanted to swap. Can't think of many other situations.

Pacioretty is an expensive price but if I'm getting someone who is truly elite? He's gone.

Cole would just be silly to trade because he plays well in Montreal, likes Montreal and he's the right price.

Eller has great potential but if we're getting something better back, he's gone.

Make all the deals you want but Price, Suban, Patches, Cole and Eller are not included in any trade. I think I will never be a candidate for GM,oh well I stay a fan.

Hockey is a sport, moreover it is entertainment. Habs players are not members of our family. Sometimes I feel people are more attached to those professional stars then members of their own family. And don't forget that as soon as those athletes become UFA, bye bye they are gone where they are offered the most money. So don't make illusion and wanting to have those players for life. They will be the first to move out where there is the most money. If we have the chance to deal a player in a way that improves our roster and if we can trade away some of our strenghts to fill areas of weaknesses, we'll have a better team. We were last in the East with this roster. It's not by keeping the status quo that we will dramatically improve. It is not by changing the management that we will win the Cup. It is not by waiting for our young players get to their prime that we will necessarily be better off too. Other teams are improving too and have their young players mature. It is a competition and we have to improve more than the other teams. I trust this management and their so-called strenght in players evaluation will be able to make those calls and make some good trades for the best of the team.

Hockey is a sport, moreover it is entertainment. Habs players are not members of our family. Sometimes I feel people are more attached to those professional stars then members of their own family. And don't forget that as soon as those athletes become UFA, bye bye they are gone where they are offered the most money. So don't make illusion and wanting to have those players for life. They will be the first to move out where there is the most money. If we have the chance to deal a player in a way that improves our roster and if we can trade away some of our strenghts to fill areas of weaknesses, we'll have a better team. We were last in the East with this roster. It's not by keeping the status quo that we will dramatically improve. It is not by changing the management that we will win the Cup. It is not by waiting for our young players get to their prime that we will necessarily be better off too. Other teams are improving too and have their young players mature. It is a competition and we have to improve more than the other teams. I trust this management and their so-called strenght in players evaluation will be able to make those calls and make some good trades for the best of the team.

You're right that smart fans cheer for the sweater, not the individual, in an era of high player mobility. And there is always a hypothetical scenario whereby, say, the Islanders agree to trade (say) Tavares for Subban, in which case Subban becomes tradable. In that highly abstract sense nobody is truly untouchable. What most of us recognize, however, is that elite franchises do NOT trade away superb young players like Price, Subban, or Patches, who are key parts of a high-end core for years to come. And the idea that these guys will decamp the minute they become UFAs is just overblown pessimism - a hangover from the days when the Habs were bottom-feeding suction eels. Any good franchise would lock these guys up long-term sooner or later rather than engage in idle speculation about wildly unlikely hypothetical fantasy trades. It's in that more realistic sense that they are 'untouchable.'

I wouldn't include Cole or Eller in this category. Cole is a terrific addition to our core, but he's not getting any younger, and I could see where shipping him at the deadline of a losing season could make sense. I am still not sold on Eller, who in my view could become anything from a quality 70-point C to a quality third-line C to a KHLer within the next few seasons. He is not in the same category as the Big Three and it's overly optimistic to classify him as 'untouchable' IMHO.

What do we think of Bouwmeester? Send Gomez/weber and something else (3rd maybe?). He completely lost it in Calgary and seeing if he can return to his Floridian form with a change of scenery could be worth it at the right price. His cap hit is 6.8 mil for the next two seasons, which is a savings on Gomez's deal. I can see Calgary as a possible landing spot for Gomez because they're always looking for a playmaking forward to feed Iginla, and despite Gomez's recent uselessness, they could be reminded of his reputation. Also, I read somewhere that Cgy is going to be operating under an internal salary cap, and next season is when Gomez's salary decreases to 5mil, so they would see him as a 5 mil player, not 7+. It wouldn't get rid of Gomez's cap hit, but it would transform It into something potentially useful, and wouldn't add any length to the deal.

I'd give Bouwmeester the Komi treatment: play him with Markov and watch him become an all-star.

I think Calgary (rightfully) would want a lot more than that. Yes, his offence dropped but he logged the ice time of a #1 d-man (nearly 26 minutes per game). In fact, his ATOI was 6th in the entire league. It would take a lot more than a cap dump (which would add to Calgary's cap when their GM recently said they intend to cut payroll), a spare blueliner, and a mid-round pick.

What do we think of Bouwmeester? Send Gomez/weber and something else (3rd maybe?). He completely lost it in Calgary and seeing if he can return to his Floridian form with a change of scenery could be worth it at the right price. His cap hit is 6.8 mil for the next two seasons, which is a savings on Gomez's deal. I can see Calgary as a possible landing spot for Gomez because they're always looking for a playmaking forward to feed Iginla, and despite Gomez's recent uselessness, they could be reminded of his reputation. Also, I read somewhere that Cgy is going to be operating under an internal salary cap, and next season is when Gomez's salary decreases to 5mil, so they would see him as a 5 mil player, not 7+. It wouldn't get rid of Gomez's cap hit, but it would transform It into something potentially useful, and wouldn't add any length to the deal.

I'd give Bouwmeester the Komi treatment: play him with Markov and watch him become an all-star.

No thanks to the dogs he goes!!!! If we r going to pay that kinda money it better be on a guy that will get it done not just maybe

This is a guy who has never been in the playoffs and really hasn't won even at the junior level.

We would have to give up a lot more then Gomez.

No thanks!