Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

I haven't seen enough of Collberg, Holland, Kristo or Pribyl but I've seen enough of Gallagher and Galchenyuk to say they will play in our top six barring serious injury or trade.

Pribyl could be a Avtsin II

Holland is bottom 6 checker and almost an english clone of Bournival, can skate very well, hard worker, defensively very smart, handles the puck fine, but if ever tops 20 goals in NHL it will be a surprise.

As they say with Collberg, a good 1st line winger or very good 2nd liner. He reminds me of Jeff Skinner, smallish but quick/shifty, great with puck and with quick release in the slot.

I have spoken out against this before, and you have all replied to this topic well. We are not going to win the Cup this year, even with another top 6 winger. Subban has the type of natural, raw talent that is nearly impossible to come by, he was a major league steal in the 2nd round, if the 2007 draft was to happen again, we would have 2 of the top 5 picks taken. Wait and see how good this guy is this year, and again the following year, when he starts to get Norris nominations. Be patient, Hab fans, this team is gonna rock in another year or so.

We'd actually have 3 of the top 6, unfortunately one of those guys plays for the rangers.

(no particular order)

Patrick Kane

Jamie Benn

Logan Couture

Ryan McDonagh

PK Subban

Max Pacioretty

David Perron

are the top 7 guys in that draft.

Holland is bottom 6 checker and almost an english clone of Bournival, can skate very well, hard worker, defensively very smart, handles the puck fine, but if ever tops 20 goals in NHL it will be a surprise.

As they say with Collberg, a good 1st line winger or very good 2nd liner. He reminds me of Jeff Skinner, smallish but quick/shifty, great with puck and with quick release in the slot.

Agree on Holland, only thing I'll say is that Bournival is a little grittier, and Holland is a better passer.... but other than that, comparable.

I would have to include Collberg as more of a sure thing than even Gallager. He has an amazing release, is a better skater, and seems like he will be a top-6 winger in the NHL. I believe Gallager could be, but if his offense isn't at the same level in the NHL as junior, he could end up playing more of a (sorry to mention his name here) Darcey Tucker type role. Also, for the defense, from what I seen at the Memorial Cup, Ellis is going to be an excellent defender, good all around. I would throw Throwers name in the mix. I haven't seen him play, honestly, but his scouting reports seem to indicate he will be a hard nosed, tough bottom 6 type guy (I know you mentioned top 4 d-men, but having a young guy with offense and toughness in a bottom six role would be awesome), which is fine with me. I know all prospects do not translate into NHLers, but man, we have one impressive group right now. As for subtracting current players, in two seasons, I doubt that Gionta and Cole will be at the same level as they have been recently, so its easy to see them being traded or shuffled down the lineup somehow if needed. If Galchenyuk develops fast, it would also be quite possible to see Pleks moved in the next year or so.

I still have to pinch myself when I remember we also got Collberg in this draft.

WTF?

Available at 33rd overall?

UNBELIEVABLE to walk out of a draft with 2 of the top 10 players IMO, without making a trade for a 2nd first round pick.

I have great confidence in Gallagher's shot, plus betting some on how great he looked in exhibition against NHLers last pre-season. I said "possible" on Pribyl and Holland because they have the potential but who knows.

Collberg... I guess he's got all of the skills but I haven't seen the kid. I'm not going to call him into being a sure fire top six NHLer until I do. Doing that leads to things like people doubting Danny Kristo on cracking the top six and always tossing him into trade requests. Is he Jozef Balej or Tomas Plekanec? Who knows at this point?

You don't trade guys like Subban.

If we got something like the Kessel trade for Subban, I would be more than happy to do it really. Even though he is our future top D, if you get the kinda deal Boston did for Kessel, it is worth it.

I have great confidence in Gallagher's shot, plus betting some on how great he looked in exhibition against NHLers last pre-season. I said "possible" on Pribyl and Holland because they have the potential but who knows.

Collberg... I guess he's got all of the skills but I haven't seen the kid. I'm not going to call him into being a sure fire top six NHLer until I do. Doing that leads to things like people doubting Danny Kristo on cracking the top six and always tossing him into trade requests. Is he Jozef Balej or Tomas Plekanec? Who knows at this point?

Thats fair enough.

Good thing is that given his production last year at the World Juniors, he's a lock to make Sweden this year (as long as he's healthy). So you'll get to see him then for sure.

If we got something like the Kessel trade for Subban, I would be more than happy to do it really. Even though he is our future top D, if you get the kinda deal Boston did for Kessel, it is worth it.

Yes but D>F in my opinion.

I really thought Collberg sure looked good at world juniors and U18s and will see him again (in a bigger role) at world juniors come new year.

I guess i am one who has "reservations" about Kristo, but i do about most NCAA guys (as i did with Pacioretty when he had a slow start to career).

Geoffrion was the #1 player in NCAA in 2010 and cant crack NHL lineup, and Kristo would not even be that close to being considered #1 (top ten maybe), if he can tear up NCAA this year and get 25+ goals i would be much more excited.

I think ND will be a very strong team this year, where Kristo may show he is the top six kid I hope he is. But look forward to see if he and MacMillan both have improved strength after another summer of training.

Subban in IMO has more potential then Kessel when he was moved. If we did move Subban for 2 first rounders and 2 second round picks and they turn out to be first or 2nd overall, then it COULD be a great move.

Boston had to move him, and Toronto didn't think they would be giving up a lottery pick.

However, what if you end up with a #7 or 16 pick? Even though Subban was a 2nd round pick, he turned out better then a lot of first rounders in his draft year. Why trade a sure thing for a hope?

If your Nashville, would you be happy with four first rounders from philly in exchange for Weber?? I know I certainly wouldn't.

or

I've seen him play as well, and even though he didn't have his best game, man, can that guy skate. Can anyone in the league skate better backwards than this guy? I agree with most of you, he has soooo much talent and potential, its would really take an established superstar coming the other way for me to even consider moving PK.

We have Weber, Diaz, Nash, Bouillon, S-Denis so we should move Subban?

Detroit has Abdelkader, Helm, so they should part with Datsyuk I guess.

Subban is our #1 D-man and everyone else you've mentioned are #5-6-7-8 on every team in the NHL.

Parting with PK would be a tremendous mistake.

why would we do this? we finally get a Blue chip blueliner, why would we trade him?

Because it isn't bad enough we gave away Chelios, Desjardins and McDonough for 10cents on the dollar - or in McDonough's case 1 cent on the dollar.

Those wanting to move Subban should consider that the Rangers aren't willing to include McDonough in a move for Nash!!! Why the heck would we even want to consider move Subban!!!

Because it isn't bad enough we gave away Chelios, Desjardins and McDonough for 10cents on the dollar - or in McDonough's case 1 cent on the dollar.

Those wanting to move Subban should consider that the Rangers aren't willing to include McDonough in a move for Nash!!! Why the heck would we even want to consider move Subban!!!

This makes me think... did Gainey throw that stupid offer into Sather's face even without asking what the price of Gomez would be first? That Gomez contract was horrible when he got 50+ points/year. Now its like a bad illness. You wait for it to go away.

It's a combination of the 'two in the bush' philosophy - it's always easier to appreciate what you haven't got than what you've got - combined with a very common (and related) failing among fans, that of overrating unproven prospects. So people start dreaming about the return Subban could yield, while assuming that Beaulieu or whoever can just step in and replace what Subban brings. Of course, if Beaulieu does start to look good, then the same people will propose trading him. And so it goes.

Love PK. My favourite player on the team. But everyone in pro sports is for sale. It depends on the price. We see the potential in Subban but the fact is if some team wanted to overpay for that potential we should take it. Montreal has not had a dominant center since Beliveau? Jacques Lemire? or even a good one since Bobby Smith. If PK could be traded for one it is a no brainer. We have a great core of good defensemen but really nothing a centre.

Love PK - would mourn his going but if someone wants him so bad they are willing to overpay let him go.

Iike I said before, if the return is Malkin, stamkos, toews fine - and I'd even be hesitant with Malkin now since is a UFA in a year.

No way would I move Subban for a carter or a Getzlaf.

Love PK. My favourite player on the team. But everyone in pro sports is for sale. It depends on the price. We see the potential in Subban but the fact is if some team wanted to overpay for that potential we should take it. Montreal has not had a dominant center since Beliveau? Jacques Lemire? or even a good one since Bobby Smith. If PK could be traded for one it is a no brainer. We have a great core of good defensemen but really nothing a centre.

Love PK - would mourn his going but if someone wants him so bad they are willing to overpay let him go.

• Upvote 1

Iike I said before, if the return is Malkin, stamkos, toews fine - and I'd even be hesitant with Malkin now since is a UFA in a year.

No way would I move Subban for a carter or a Getzlaf.

Right. I think most of us are agreed on this, actually.

Agreed. There's something akin to selling one's children as well about dealing a homegrown star. Very nice summary of our changing properties as a team. There would be someyhing elementally wrong in trading our flamboyant star defenceman.

Right. I think most of us are agreed on this, actually.

I'm not in that category. Subban is a great trade bait. I don't deny he has great value, but to compare him to Hart winners or to put him in the untouchable category is simply wrong. We have to take advantage of his high market value. He is the player that via trade could get us the most return. With the depth we have at D, we can use this great asset and help address more important needs in our roster. Plekanec could use some help on the wings.

I'm not in that category. Subban is a great trade bait. I don't deny he has great value, but to compare him to Hart winners or to put him in the untouchable category is simply wrong. We have to take advantage of his high market value. He is the player that via trade could get us the most return. With the depth we have at D, we can use this great asset and help address more important needs in our roster. Plekanec could use some help on the wings.

The Gretzky trade should have been a lesson to everyone that just because a player has the highest trade value doesn't mean you'll get the return you want.