Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

This draft is no deeper than last year.

but we have many picks, and you prove my point because last year was a good deep draft, I'll take the picks (within reason ) unless we can pick up a helpfull piece for a 3rd.

Vanek would cost at least a 1st, one of Tinordi/bealieau, galleghar and a Kristo type package.

He's good, but not worth what he would cost. I think he only has 1 year left on his current deal and he would be looking for a raise on his existing $7m contract.

i agree gonna cost way too much, look what we did with our last 7 mill guy :):habslogo:

I guy i would like to see picked up not that it is our biggest need but he would be an upgrade and a nice option to have if price gets hurt is ben bishop. Not sure ott would trade with us tho. 2nd and a prospect like ellis or LL might do it. then trade budja for whatever or try to send him down and hope someone picks him up. We need another young goalie that can step in which we don't have in the minors.

I guy i would like to see picked up not that it is our biggest need but he would be an upgrade and a nice option to have if price gets hurt is ben bishop. Not sure ott would trade with us tho. 2nd and a prospect like ellis or LL might do it. then trade budja for whatever or try to send him down and hope someone picks him up. We need another young goalie that can step in which we don't have in the minors.

We'll need this young goalie in about 3-4 years, IMO.

I don't know follow Junior Hockey that much and don't really know them, but I would DEFINITELY use one of our many 2nd picks this season and go with one of the top class goalie if it worths it.

Vanek would cost at least a 1st, one of Tinordi/bealieau, galleghar and a Kristo type package.

He's good, but not worth what he would cost. I think he only has 1 year left on his current deal and he would be looking for a raise on his existing $7m contract.

Well... Assuming our pick falls between 25th-30th, I would probably be glad to add Beaulieu and Kristo and get Vanek... ;)

Well... Assuming our pick falls between 25th-30th, I would probably be glad to add Beaulieu and Kristo and get Vanek... ;)

I don't think that would be enough. I'm pretty sure they would want Gallegher a guy like Gallegher or Eller off of our roster and IMO that is too high of a price.

I'd even be reluctant to trade a 1st, Beaulieu and Kristo (unless we know Kristo isn't signing), since Vanek only has 1 year left on his deal. If Vanek had 5 years left on his conrad and was under $6m - i'd say go for it for the package you suggested, but for a guy who will be looking for over $7M and with PK to resign after next year, and the two Gally's, to resign in two years, I don't think we have the room.

Any thoughts on acquiring Ryan Clowe.

Welcome to the boards HabsHeaven !

Apparently Ryan Clowe is playing with an injury, one that would need to be taken cared off before thinking acquiring him for a playoff run. I'd like to see a player like him with the Habs though. Another idea could be Raffi Torres. Less of an offensive threat, but a good all around player who can grind and contribute in all aspects of the game. And one who has played before with Pleky and Ryder in Hamilton.

Welcome to the boards HabsHeaven !

Apparently Ryan Clowe is playing with an injury, one that would need to be taken cared off before thinking acquiring him for a playoff run. I'd like to see a player like him with the Habs though. Another idea could be Raffi Torres. Less of an offensive threat, but a good all around player who can grind and contribute in all aspects of the game. And one who has played before with Pleky and Ryder in Hamilton.

I'm not sure we want the unnecessary flak Torres brings. While he could help us, I think he will hurt us more. We're trying to cut down a penalties and we need to as our PK is horrible. Torres is a player, I think, would cost us games because of his undisciplined play.

I'm not sure we want the unnecessary flak Torres brings. While he could help us, I think he will hurt us more. We're trying to cut down a penalties and we need to as our PK is horrible. Torres is a player, I think, would cost us games because of his undisciplined play.

I think he adapted since the Hossa hit. He has taken only 5 penalties so far this season, while displaying a career high ratio of hits/game.

He is UFA at the end of the year. I doubt it would cost much.

Too bad Brendan Morrow is going to the Pens, they will come out of the East for sure. What a lineup!

With Bourque and Prust still hurting, the Habs are just too small to contend with teams like Pittsburgh, Boston, Toronto and even Ottawa. The true test is this week: Pitts/Boston back-to-back. God I hope Prust is back!

It is ironic that this thread is little used coming up to the deadline. The reason being, and this is the trade proposal thread, that would suggest that one would have to suggest both sides of the trade, and no one dares to put one of their darlings out there, for fear that the board will eat their children. Brave Up Lads!

Hudler, Wideman---- Gallagher, Calgary's second, Weber

Ok, BlueKross. Put down the bottle, get some sleep. Brendan Gallagher isn't a prospect that won't make an impact. He's Theoren Fleury 2.0....without the horrible baggage.

• Upvote 1

Ok, BlueKross. Put down the bottle, get some sleep. Brendan Gallagher isn't a prospect that won't make an impact. He's Theoren Fleury 2.0....without the horrible baggage.

Sorry Laddie, don't touch the stuff. Maybe you could except my offer and come up with something reasonable? That would be the whole point of my contribution, to get you boys to brave up.

It is ironic that this thread is little used coming up to the deadline. The reason being, and this is the trade proposal thread, that would suggest that one would have to suggest both sides of the trade, and no one dares to put one of their darlings out there, for fear that the board will eat their children. Brave Up Lads!

Hudler, Wideman---- Gallagher, Calgary's second, Weber

That's a lot of money being added beyond next year, far more than the Habs can really afford (even with Kaberle being bought out). Wideman would be a nice fit - he'd help a couple of seemingly glaring needs at the moment.

I'm glad you're challenging the board to come up with some ideas though. I have a few of my own but I'm debating about whether or not to put them here or to somehow incorporate them into the final part of my deadline series.

Thanks Dlbair: We got some knowledgable people on the board, no doubt about that. I just think when you critique somebody others response,(and I am talking board members here) I only think it is fair, if that person contributes in turn so we can scrutinize their genuis. Again, I am not talking about you, because I don't know how it is possible for you to keep up on all you do.

It's pretty simple for me.

Will not move: Price, Subban, Galchenyuk, Gallagher, Prust, Plekanec, Pacioretty, Gorges, Eller, Tinordi

No value to move: White, Budaj, Armstrong, Dumont, Blunden, Halpern, Weber, Kaberle, Bouillon

Bad idea to move: Moen, Diaz, Emelin, Markov, Gionta

Would be odd to move but I'd be open to it for the right offer: Ryder

Tradeable: Desharnais, Bourque

I will not move the top 10. Even on a technical overpayment. It would take something like Alex Ovechkin to make me move one of them and that's impossible. The next nine, I don't see there being much value to move them. I mean you probably could for a low pick but what's the point? Of course you move Kaberle if possible but no team wants him. They know he's headed for a buyout.

The bad ideas, a lot of people mention them in trades. You don't move your captain when you're one of the top teams in the NHL. He's also one of our best offensive threats and will be important in the playoffs. You don't move Markov. You don't move Emelin. Diaz I'm still not entirely sold on but he's hurt. Moen gets trashed here a lot but I doubt moving him means we will find a better bottom six winger. Especially not someone who does as much as him.

Ryder is interesting. I don't see him getting moved. He's putting up points for us. But if a Western Conference team wanted his firepower and ante'd up? I mean, I wouldn't be against Bergevin making the move.

My tradeable is only two guys. I'd still trade Bourque even with him playing well this season. I think the team could do better than him. Desharnais has a good contract to move him. However, I don't see either happening this trade deadline.

Hence why I believe we stand pat unless we add a sixth defenceman.

It's pretty simple for me.

Will not move: Price, Subban, Galchenyuk, Gallagher, Prust, Plekanec, Pacioretty, Gorges, Eller, Tinordi

No value to move: White, Budaj, Armstrong, Dumont, Blunden, Halpern, Weber, Kaberle, Bouillon

Bad idea to move: Moen, Diaz, Emelin, Markov, Gionta

Would be odd to move but I'd be open to it for the right offer: Ryder

Tradeable: Desharnais, Bourque

ant/ can get for those one or twoI will not move the top 10. Even on a technical overpayment. It would take something like Alex Ovechkin to make me move one of them and that's impossible. The next nine, I don't see there being much value to move them. I mean you probably could for a low pick but what's the point? Of course you move Kaberle if possible but no team wants him. They know he's headed for a buyout.

The bad ideas, a lot of people mention them in trades. You don't move your captain when you're one of the top teams in the NHL. He's also one of our best offensive threats and will be important in the playoffs. You don't move Markov. You don't move Emelin. Diaz I'm still not entirely sold on but he's hurt. Moen gets trashed here a lot but I doubt moving him means we will find a better bottom six winger. Especially not someone who does as much as him.

Ryder is interesting. I don't see him getting moved. He's putting up points for us. But if a Western Conference team wanted his firepower and ante'd up? I mean, I wouldn't be against Bergevin making the move.

My tradeable is only two guys. I'd still trade Bourque even with him playing well this season. I think the team could do better than him. Desharnais has a good contract to move him. However, I don't see either happening this trade deadline.

Hence why I believe we stand pat unless we add a sixth defenceman.

This is better? Who would you want/can get for those two? Always 2 sides to a trade.

This is better. Who would you want/can get for those two. Always 2 sides to a trade.

It depends. Eller is already close to becoming a top six center. Does Galchenyuk develop into one or stay on the wing?

Right now I see the forward corps of the future (summer 2014) as such:

Pacioretty - SPOT - Gallagher

SPOT - Plekanec - SPOT

Prust - SPOT - SPOT

Moen - SPOT - SPOT

Those SPOTS can be filled by a lot of players. Galchenyuk, Eller, Collberg, Kristo, Desharnais, Bourque, Leblanc, Bournival, Dumont, Hudon, Bozon, Vail and others. Does Galchenyuk become the number one center or the number two left winger? Does Eller become the number one center or the number three center? Does Kristo or Collberg fill the top six right wing? Does Leblanc fill a right wing spot? A lot of questions concerning our young players.

I like our skill potential but I would want some size on that Plekanec line. Does that come from Galchenyuk or Bourque? If neither, hard to see any size in our prospect pool otherwise that can play there.

In situations like this, you might be better off to keep Bourque while finding a suitor for Desharnais once he gets bumped out of the top six. It all really sucks because there's an oaf on Ottawa right now on a one year contract who might have finally worked his injury problems out and he has the perfect size for this role. I doubt anyone else is going to join my Guillaume Latendresse bandwagon so I guess I'll let that die. It's hard to say. All I know is that there's room for a lot of changes once the summer of 2014 rolls around. Our D might change completely. Our forward core, there's a lot of room to improve.

Too long/didn't read I don't know.

That's a lot of money being added beyond next year, far more than the Habs can really afford (even with Kaberle being bought out). Wideman would be a nice fit - he'd help a couple of seemingly glaring needs at the moment.

I'm glad you're challenging the board to come up with some ideas though. I have a few of my own but I'm debating about whether or not to put them here or to somehow incorporate them into the final part of my deadline series.

Why not both?

Sorry Laddie, don't touch the stuff. Maybe you could except my offer and come up with something reasonable? That would be the whole point of my contribution, to get you boys to brave up.

I have no problem with what you're doing. Shake it up. Contribute. I read everyone's proposals. Dreaming up trades isn't my thing. I just feel like Gallagher is here to stay. Untouchable? No, but part of the future.

Why not both?

I'm still settling on a list of players to analyze in that final preview article and I don't like giving away any secrets beforehand as to what players will be in there. :) That, and I'm still working on Part 3 (the forwards, which I have to finish today) and I don't want to think about formulating any proposals until I get this piece done. I have random ideas of individual values at this point but that doesn't equal a proposal.

I put this suggestion in the wrong thread, but I wonder about getting Bishop if the price is low enough. If he can be signed at a reasonable price for a few years as Price's backup I think we would be in better shape then having Budaj (who I believe is done after this year with the habs).

Then we need to daft a future Price replacement. I am uncomfortable with out lack of depth in this area on the farm. Boston had the right idea grabbing Subban despite having Rask.

Bishop cost the Sens a second round pick. He's huge and a division rival. He also doesn't look that far away from becoming a starter. Don't see the Sens trading him at all. I see Robin Lehner as their trade target.

As for our goalie depth, we're gambling a lot on Price but I think this draft we will see one or two goalie pick ups. If i'm finding a goalie somewhere, I want Matt Hackett in Minnesota.