Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

His contract really hurts him. He's a pretty good depth scorer, just not for that kind of money

He is a real talent, if we get La to retain some salary, he is only 29 so in 5 years 5.75 might look like a bargain. There just isn't an overabundance of really good centers available. The habs have Plekanic at the moment. Give them DD and they retain 2 mill in salary and I would say it could be a deal. It is possible that Galchenyuk may never want to play center and stays on the left. We need a good center.

Mike Richards is worse than Brian Gionta right now.

Think about that.

Well Gionta is 36 5 ft 7 and 170 lbs. making 5.25 million . Richards is 6 ft 200 lbs and 29 years old making 5.75 million. with some salary relief possible. I doubt we pick him up but I would definitely take him over Gionta by a country mile.

Stats wise, but maybe if he got more minutes he could pick it back up?

This isn't some coach problem where Sutter won't give him minutes. Richards was averaging 15 minutes a game until late November. They wanted to keep him and believe it was just a problem with his conditioning. He's just not good enough anymore.

If he was still good enough, the Cup champions would be happy with him. He's a liability to their quest to make the playoffs. You don't trade for that. You don't pick that up off waivers for a five year commitment. You avoid that like a plague.

No friggin way I would do that. Richards is signed for 5 more years and is SLOW.

I would trade him for Eller and two million retained in salary. They have the same amount of points, and Richards could be the premier third line center in the NHL. Desharnais/Galchenyuk, Plekanec and Richards are a pretty solid center corps.

He is washed up. He was getting quality ice time in LA this year.

He is a real talent, if we get La to retain some salary, he is only 29 so in 5 years 5.75 might look like a bargain. There just isn't an overabundance of really good centers available. The habs have Plekanic at the moment. Give them DD and they retain 2 mill in salary and I would say it could be a deal. It is possible that Galchenyuk may never want to play center and stays on the left. We need a good center.

Something else to note, yeah his best days are behind him, but LA is on the playoff bubble and has scoring problems. He'll find a home. He's Mike Richards, not Rene Bourque. Five years is too long to be in the minors, he'll either be bought out or traded with heavily retained salary.

For the Habs, no.

But at what point does a team like Edmonton, who have struggled mightily in recent years, seriously look at picking him up. Yes, 5.75 for 5 more years isn't pretty, but frankly that's an average contract for a middle tier player on July 1st. Middle tier players already won't go to Edmonton willingly, and to a team of youngsters and underperformers, there's got to be some additional value added that a grumpy, mean, over-the-hill player like Richards might bring aside from goals and assists. Yes, he's over the hill, but he has some serious experience for a 29 year old and just the residual stench of a cup-contending team would improve the tire fire going on in Edmonton. He isn't who he used to be but he has won and that has value to a team like Edmonton.

For the Habs, no.

But at what point does a team like Edmonton, who have struggled mightily in recent years, seriously look at picking him up. Yes, 5.75 for 5 more years isn't pretty, but frankly that's an average contract for a middle tier player on July 1st. Middle tier players already won't go to Edmonton willingly, and to a team of youngsters and underperformers, there's got to be some additional value added that a grumpy, mean, over-the-hill player like Richards might bring aside from goals and assists. Yes, he's over the hill, but he has some serious experience for a 29 year old and just the residual stench of a cup-contending team would improve the tire fire going on in Edmonton. He isn't who he used to be but he has won and that has value to a team like Edmonton.

...but... they just traded Horcoff!? lol

I didn't go back through the postings to look, and likely this has been asked before, but does anyone think, or heard, if we have any interest in Yakupov?

I guess the three key questions are, could NY get his scoring touch back with a different team, like Montreal?

Could reuniting him with Galchenyuk get him back on track?

If we were interested what would it cost us.....for a former first round pick who has been a very big disappointment so far??

What do you think?

The team he plays for is the bigger disappointment. They put him in the wrong situation and his development has been absolutely atrocious. Even if he goes to a new team that needs him, he's going to be a work in progress.

I'd be happy if the Habs got him because I think there's a lot of talent there waiting to be exposed but I don't see Bergevin paying the price for a work in progress when we already have a lot of young players trying to find their peak game.

It makes more sense for another team with a struggling high prospect to flip that player for Yakupov and roll the dice. I'm personally expecting the Oilers to send him to the Sabres for Grigorenko with the Oilers adding something to sweeten the pot.

At his age and 2 more years, no thank you.

Yakapov is the guy we shoild target.

2012-2013 it was Ryder. 2013-2014 it was Vanek. We need to look for a more permanent RW solution. I can't see who it might be.

Is Iginla happy in Colorado?

2012-2013 it was Ryder. 2013-2014 it was Vanek. We need to look for a more permanent RW solution. I can't see who it might be.

Is Iginla happy in Colorado?

I am not sure why you put Iginla and permanent in the same sentence? Higher profile indeed. i am not convinced he has to be a RW. A higher profile player is fine with me ex.Vermette. I believe we still in mode for defensive upgrade as well.

Guest Stogey24

The team he plays for is the bigger disappointment. They put him in the wrong situation and his development has been absolutely atrocious. Even if he goes to a new team that needs him, he's going to be a work in progress.

I'd be happy if the Habs got him because I think there's a lot of talent there waiting to be exposed but I don't see Bergevin paying the price for a work in progress when we already have a lot of young players trying to find their peak game.

It makes more sense for another team with a struggling high prospect to flip that player for Yakupov and roll the dice. I'm personally expecting the Oilers to send him to the Sabres for Grigorenko with the Oilers adding something to sweeten the pot.

Edmonton isn't going to trade for another underachieving player. Probably the last thing they do. The team is too young with no direction. I'm sure Mactavish is looking for a top 6 forward and pick.

Unless the deal is amazing, I sort of hope we just get a rental again. The habs have no significant players to sign other than Galchenyuk. With Borque and Moen dollars off the books, it would be nice to steal a top three defense or a top six rw from a team that is over the cap. This would happen during the off season. Habs 2016 Stanley cup champions.

It's probably the best bet for now. It's just a bother to me that we have no real plans/solutions for that top six RW position.

Maybe we can promise Ron Hextall one hour with Chris Chelios in a closed room for the rights to Wayne Simmonds.

I hate to lose to give up Tinordi - we need his size and it eould hurt if he can be a top shutdown dman, but given the flyers desperation for Dmen, Tinordi and a top prospect other then then last year's first rounder for Simmonds?

How many years does Simmonds still have left on his deal?

Simmonds is a pipe dream but I'm happy to continue it.