Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

He scored 67 points last year (14 more than the next guy on his team), and also more than anyone on the Habs.....I don't think asking to be an important part of a team is too much to ask for after putting up those numbers.

I don't consider a first ballot hall of famer a so-so 2nd liner no matter how old he is. If not Jagr, then who? Hey, Weise got 2 goals last night, may as well leave him up in the top 6.

If a player has to really think about going to a contender (only if I get what I think is enough ice time), it's an immediate red flag for me. If I'm a GM, I want winners, not someone who would like to win as long as it doesn't come at the expense of his numbers.

Jagr last year was a front liner. He's from one this year (so is Weise, obviously). He's a good fit on a team that plays a grind it out style. The Habs are all about speed and transition which are two major weaknesses for Jagr. As a result, he's not going to be the best of fits on a scoring line with Montreal, hence the so-so comment. He could an effective second liner on some teams, sure. I don't think he would be with the Canadiens, his lack of speed will hold the line back.

As for if not him, then who? Find another second liner who can actually keep up speed wise with the rest of the forwards. That's where I'd be looking. Every year, there are a handful of those who move on deadline day. Find one that doesn't cost $5.5 M and they may actually have enough to fill a secondary void as well. To me, that seems like a better scenario than Jagr.

As for if not him, then who? Find another second liner who can actually keep up speed wise with the rest of the forwards. That's where I'd be looking. Every year, there are a handful of those who move on deadline day. Find one that doesn't cost $5.5 M and they may actually have enough to fill a secondary void as well. To me, that seems like a better scenario than Jagr.

Since we've been focusing on Coyotes.. Mikkel Boedker is THAT guy.

And, would give Eller a Danish teammate.

Since we've been focusing on Coyotes.. Mikkel Boedker is THAT guy.

And, would give Eller a Danish teammate.

He'd be a nice fit when healthy. He may be out for the season though from spleen surgery. He noted yesterday he has lost 20 pounds in the last few weeks and will need the offseason to gain that weight back.

He'd be a nice fit when healthy. He may be out for the season though from spleen surgery. He noted yesterday he has lost 20 pounds in the last few weeks and will need the offseason to gain that weight back.

Cool.

We could throw him in to my package, too!!

Vermette, Doan, Yandle & Boedker

DD, PAP, Emelin, Andrighetto, Reway, Ellis & Allen

My outside the box idea is Justin Williams. No guarantee the Kings make the playoffs. Great playoff performer.

I don't trust those ex-Flyer boys..

Recchi burned the bridge that Leclair blew up.

Cool.

We could throw him in to my package, too!!

Vermette, Doan, Yandle & Boedker

DD, PAP, Emelin, Andrighetto, Reway, Ellis & Allen

Wow that is quite the blockbuster you want to build. By sheer numbers and personalities it would change the locker room completely. I don't know the numbers or even if it is possible, but it doesn't look like a deadline trade to me.

Recchi burned the bridge that Leclair blew up. That is funny I love it, I will probably have to use that at some time. :)

Jagr last year was a front liner. He's from one this year (so is Weise, obviously). He's a good fit on a team that plays a grind it out style. The Habs are all about speed and transition which are two major weaknesses for Jagr. As a result, he's not going to be the best of fits on a scoring line with Montreal, hence the so-so comment. He could an effective second liner on some teams, sure. I don't think he would be with the Canadiens, his lack of speed will hold the line back.

Jagr isn't fast, but he doesn't struggle to keep up... he slows the game down to his pace. And if the 2nd line was the line I mentioned, Desharnais and Galchenyuk both tend to East-West with the puck a little bit, so it's not like they're blazing down the ice. And if most of his starts are in the offensive zone, his lack of footspeed won't really be much of an issue anyway.

What would people think of a trade that centred around Tinordi for Yandle?

no thank you. Yandle is signed for one more year and will be making $6M plus. We'd have to give more than Tinordi for him. I still have high hopes of Tinordi being a top 4 shut down BIG D that we have wanted forever - if he ever gets a friggin chance. Yandle gives us more of the same of what we already have.

With the talk of trading Tinordi for a guy like Yandle, been thinking if he could be a piece for Kane. If we are going to move a defensive prospect with the the size and potential of Tinordi, i want it to be for another young player who is signed for 3-4 years, not a guy who will only have another year on his contract after this year.

McKenzie and Friedman have both wrote that non-playoff teams like Buffalo/Phoenix and potential playoff teams like Calgary may make a move for Kane by March 1st rather than the draft, since he may actually cost less now, since the Jets may want to make a move that helps them make the playoff this year.

I'd love MB go make a play for a guy like Kane. Kane would give a solid top 2 LW combo of MacPac/Kane for 3 more years and Kane is only 23.

To Winnipeg: Tinordi + PAP (assuming he is healthy soon) + Bournival + Gilbert + our 1st round pick

To Montreal: Kane+Bogosian.

We drop around $8M in cap space and pick up just over $5M (since Kane would be on injured reserve for the rest of the year).

Would allow the Jets get a tough physical young D prospect, a tireless versatile young centre in Bournival, potential scoring help from PAP (assuming he gets healthy very soon), defensive depth that is relatively cheap in Gilbert and our 1st round pick.

We get an upgrade on D this year with Bogosian over Gilbert (I really think Bogosian can really benefit from a change in scenery) and a bonafide power forward for next year in Kane. Given that Kane would be on injured reserve, we should still have enough money to pick up another forward at the deadline.

If the Habs have to ride or die with a 1st round pick, it has to be with Tinordi.

I'd be MUCH MORE inclined to see him bust in our face at 26 yo, than to witness another McDonagh with him.

He is THE guy this team need. He's only 22. I'll give him another good 3 years to become an essential piece of our team.

We drop around $8M in cap space and pick up just over $5M (since Kane would be on injured reserve for the rest of the year).

No, they'd pick up the full cap hit. Players still count against the cap on IR. That would trigger LTIR (the current season cap relief) which would then trigger the bonus cushion which would then in all likelihood trigger an overage for next year, making it even harder to squeeze those two full salaries under next year's cap.

The only player Id be interested in seeing come back for Tinordi is Myers.

Kane = Ribiero

..even though, Ribs just broke the 700pts plateau.

All of the legitimate rumour people think Bergevin is going to make a defenceman swap with a Western Conference team.

If it's a rental I'm thinking Jeff Petry. If it's bigger than that then I have a feeling he's talking to San Jose about Brent Burns.

My heart says Vlasic.

My brain says Myers.

My stomach says Z. Michalek.

Burns would be fantastic.

Players I would love to see as habs...Eberle, Hendricks and methot

To edm

eller+ emelin+andrighetto+1st

To habs

Eberle + hendricks

To ott

3round pick + pateryn

To habs

Methot

Mp / Ag / Eberle

Js / Tp / Bg

Dd / Hendricks / PaP

Bp / Mm / Dw

Am / Pk

Nb / Sg

Tg or Mw / methot

Players I would love to see as habs...Eberle, Hendricks and methot

To edm

eller+ emelin+andrighetto+1st

To habs

Eberle + hendricks

To ott

3round pick + pateryn

To habs

Methot

I know many love to toss Emelin in Oiler trades BUT;

Emelin wont agree to go to Edmonton (would you?), is a non starter

That is an intriguing proposal but I think it leaves too much of a hole on our D. Plus I think I like making fun of dough boy too much for him to be a Hab

Yes intriguing but agree, No thanks

Oh gawd please never Kessel. Dressing room cancer if it's to be believed, and if you look at his body language and the way he acts on the bench, it gives a pretty clear indication that he's *apart.* I don't care how many goals he could score, I think he'd be more of a disruption to a team that has a very tight dressing room. Why take the chance that he could rip it apart? No no a thousand times no.

• Upvote 1

Oh gawd please never Kessel. Dressing room cancer if it's to be believed, and if you look at his body language and the way he acts on the bench, it gives a pretty clear indication that he's *apart.* I don't care how many goals he could score, I think he'd be more of a disruption to a team that has a very tight dressing room. Why take the chance that he could rip it apart? No no a thousand times no.

Actually it's coming out that the dressing room cancer in Toronto is David Clarkson. Nobody likes him as a person and he's constantly arguing with the coach on how much minutes he deserves over everyone else despite zero results. Kessel at least gets on the board (not tonight. -4 ewww) when he demands minutes. Clarkson just annoys everyone. If you need an explanation as to why Toronto reporters never picked up on the fact Clarkson is the cancer and Kessel has been the scapegoat, you don't know Toronto ;)