Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

No surprise but at this time of year, but always bit interesting to hear McTavish and Bergeron were shootin the shite today at rink. Hmmm who would they be discussing I wonder?

How about Simmonds and Luke Schenn for Eller, Emelin, Fucale and a first?

As much as I think the Flyers would love to rid themselves of Schenn for just about anything, I don't seem them doing that. You saw the price an injured Evander Kane got. Simmonds is a similar age, cheaper and signed long-term, and has played a lot better than Kane in recent years. Simmonds will yield more in return. A lot of Montreal fans want to move Eller and Emelin for their contract. Other teams may also feel that way which hurts their value.

If Simmonds were to move, it might be for a futures-type package since they can't take any extra money back given their short and long-term cap issues. If that's the case, prepare to part with much better young players than Fucale.

As much as I think the Flyers would love to rid themselves of Schenn for just about anything, I don't seem them doing that. You saw the price an injured Evander Kane got. Simmonds is a similar age, cheaper and signed long-term, and has played a lot better than Kane in recent years. Simmonds will yield more in return. A lot of Montreal fans want to move Eller and Emelin for their contract. Other teams may also feel that way which hurts their value.

If Simmonds were to move, it might be for a futures-type package since they can't take any extra money back given their short and long-term cap issues. If that's the case, prepare to part with much better young players than Fucale.

I am willing to negotiate haha

This is what I'd imagine it would cost for Simmonds:

To Philadelphia

- Brendan Gallagher

- Jarred Tinordi

- Two first round picks

To Montreal

- Wayne Simmonds

- Andy MacDonald or Vincent Lecavalier

We'd have to give up picks, top six player, top class prospect and take one of their salary cap sinkholes.

Gallagher's new contract hasn't even kicked in and are trading him? Not sure that is one of Bergevin's options and not sure he would ship out two 1st picks for a Simmonds? Eberle or the like then yes, but not for a career 44pt/season guy.

Gallagher's new contract hasn't even kicked in and are trading him? Not sure that is one of Bergevin's options and not sure he would ship out two 1st picks for a Simmonds? Eberle or the like then yes, but not for a career 44pt/season guy.

I have zero interest in trading Gallagher but if someone wants Simmonds, they are not going to take one of our centers, Gallagher and Pacioretty are too expensive to give for him and that leaves Gallagher with any value.

This is what I'd imagine it would cost for Simmonds:

To Philadelphia

- Brendan Gallagher

- Jarred Tinordi

- Two first round picks

To Montreal

- Wayne Simmonds

- Andy MacDonald or Vincent Lecavalier

We'd have to give up picks, top six player, top class prospect and take one of their salary cap sinkholes.

Uh, you think that is a viable trade for Montreal?! A blood and guts forward who puts up similar #'s to Simmons, our top d prospect and two, TWO!, first rounders and with that you suggest taking on the declining and absolutely untradeable Lecavlier-- who the Flyers have been playing behind Ryan White recently??! I can't see MB ever going for this thank god.

Phaneuf for second rounder and Emelin if Leafs hold back two million per year?

In the name of God, WHYYYYYY?! I'd rather just give them a second rounder for "future considerations" for the privilege of not having Phaneuf

Uh, you think that is a viable trade for Montreal?! A blood and guts forward who puts up similar #'s to Simmons, our top d prospect and two, TWO!, first rounders and with that you suggest taking on the declining and absolutely untradeable Lecavlier-- who the Flyers have been playing behind Ryan White recently??! I can't see MB ever going for this thank god.

No, I don't think it's viable. But that's what it would take to pry Simmonds from Philly. It's a dream not worth wasting sleep on.

Yes it would take a lot to get Simmonds, when Vermette is called the #1 tradable guy on market.

And thankfully haven't heard rumours of Habs-Philly in any discussions, because I like SImmonds but don't think he would be worth cost Philly likely to demand?

Emelin + for Yakupov.

A key Montreal media guy told me that Montreal has no interest in Yak whatsoever.

Would like to pick up any one off of my wish list:

Erik Johnson

Justin Williams

Jason Pominville

Jaromir Jagr

Adam Larsson

Wayne Simmonds

Cody Franson

Only Simmonds and Franson out of that list for me. I'd add Eberle.

A key Montreal media guy told me that Montreal has no interest in Yak whatsoever.

I believe you. In general, though, that usually means the opposite. No offence meant, but Montreal has pulled off so many left-field trades recently that, when someone says no, I kinda think yes. LOL

Anyhow, it'd be silly not to at least consider it since he and Chucky played together - and played well.

I believe you. In general, though, that usually means the opposite. No offence meant, but Montreal has pulled off so many left-field trades recently that, when someone says no, I kinda think yes. LOL

Anyhow, it'd be silly not to at least consider it since he and Chucky played together - and played well.

habs will not consider another kostitsin.

Only Simmonds and Franson out of that list for me. I'd add Eberle.

Simmonds would be great in montreal. They need a player like him.

Franson gone to Preds this morn.