Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

Same here. Been saying it for a while. I've been watching a decent amount of Edmonton games recently. Everyone says Yak is a huge dogger, but I don't really see it. He could be more aware in his own end, but that will come. Even still he'd a nice fill for that RW void for years to come. Probably more of an off season move, more than a trade deadline acquisition

He was a first over all pick. If the oilers see in him the way you see in him, we aint getting him for spare parts. They will want a major player off the habs roster. Who would you give up? Bulldogs wont do it.

Teams want Yak because they think he's great, yet want to the oil to trade him like he isn't.

Guest Stogey24

He was a first over all pick. If the oilers see in him the way you see in him, we aint getting him for spare parts. They will want a major player off the habs roster. Who would you give up? Bulldogs wont do it.

Teams want Yak because they think he's great, yet want to the oil to trade him like he isn't.

Eller is the mix. I really don't know who else. I'm terrible with trades

Packaging some combination of Eller, Pateryn, and a 2nd round pick/prospect (Andrighatto or McCarron?) for either Eberle or Yakupov would be fine by me.

I'll be honest here, moving McCarron makes me squeamish at this point. Big guys take longer, and he's a big big guy. I'd be very hesitant to move him until he's been in the AHL for a year at least.

As for Yakupov, I think he could be a good fit, but I don't see us able to pay the price without doing what Bergevin has said himself he's reluctant to do - deplete his coffers - and yes, I know Yak is young enough to make that kind of call with less impact because of his age.

From the other side of the equation, I'm not pulling the trigger on that trade as the Oil unless there's a high quality defensive player involved (or a goalie). Perhaps Tinordi with Eller and something else. Maybe Fucale. Pateryn, though is 24 and, let's be honest, could be very close to his ceiling. A reasonable 3rd pairing fellow (yes, I know he can still mature into something more, but watching him play has me feeling pretty solid about this being near his ceiling).

I'll be honest here, moving McCarron makes me squeamish at this point. Big guys take longer, and he's a big big guy. I'd be very hesitant to move him until he's been in the AHL for a year at least.

It's a "hockey deal." The draw on a deal like this would be the potential given up - the potential has to be real or they won't give up a solid young player for it. Make no mistake, acquiring anything like Eberle or Yakupov will require parting with something that makes us squeamish.

If not for the no-trade clause, I'd suggest Emelin instead of Pateryn (which would really sweeten the deal), but he's not really youth to be part of a long term rebuilding plan.

Guest Stogey24

Mccarron will not be touched by management. He's finally a big power forward at RW who can bury. After watching the havoc Mccarron caused in that pre season game against Boston, I'd say he's our best forward prospect aside from Sherbak.

I seen the rumor that McCarron was being offered for Michaluk in Phoenix...I immediately thought that MB would have to be drawn n quartered if that travesty ever happened. Of course some of those rumor mongers outta T-O will say just about anything

and laughed at by the oilers

if we want Yakapov, a 1st rounder has to go the other way. 1st+Eller+Fucale+Pateryn

if we want Yakapov, a 1st rounder has to go the other way. 1st+Eller+Fucale+Pateryn

I'd not pay that much.

1st + Eller for Yakupov

or

1st + Eller + 2nd for Yakupov and a 3rd

Not Eller + Fucale added to the 1st pick. Unless a 2nd is coming our way...

1st + Eller + Fucale for Yakupov and Edm's 2nd and 5th.

What about Hartnell from Columbus?

I'd take him on Habs roster in an instant...

Don't want to waste McCarron just yet, for either Michalek, would you?

Would really like to have Hartnell.

Yak ? price will be too high. I hope MB never gives up a first rounder in any deal. Habs keep first round picks.

I wouldn't mind at all trading away a 1st pick right now.

Like it or not, we're in the middle of a Stanley Cup window with Subban, Pax, Price locked, Markov and Plek still with the team + Galchenyuk on the cheap.

There is no way to know for sure if our prospects or future players will be able to replace Markov, Plek and the other "old timers" with the same level of play.

Once Galchenyuk gets his superstar on the rise salary, the Cup window will maybe not be opened that wide.

Now is the time for a push. This season and the next 2 seasons. After that, who knows ?

Philly wouldn't touch it. Voracek is going nowhere

And you know this how? Look, if we're going to suggest trades then the discussion needs to be more than 'X team wouldn't touch it'. Helps to liven the discussion IMO.

Eberle i like way more than Yak.

100% agreed, it would make us cup contenders this year

I'd not pay that much.

1st + Eller for Yakupov

or

1st + Eller + 2nd for Yakupov and a 3rd

Not Eller + Fucale added to the 1st pick. Unless a 2nd is coming our way...

1st + Eller + Fucale for Yakupov and Edm's 2nd and 5th.

Fucale + Eller + a swap of draft picks. I would totally love this, and would send one of our depth defense players to Edmontop if it would make this trade happen

Patrick Sharp may be available. What would it take to get him? He is having a shitee year but he has been a top tier goal getter. Do we have anything we would give to get him? Trouble is Chicago needs forwards and we have defence so it like this is not a fit.. Any ideas?