Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

I wonder what ol' Eklund's batting average is on his trade "rumors". I'd say he hits the equivalent of a single and a double of an entire baseball season. I mean, if someone says so much random stuff all the time, they are bound to get something right by the law of averages.

The only Hab stuff he was ever correct on involved Danny Briere, and the only Flyers stuff he was correct on involved Briere. In other words, one of his only sources was someone who personally knew Briere.

someone once calculated it out that he right about 2.5 % of the time. So just a little less than a swag.

Everyone here seems convinced that we need a fist line RW. But we have Gallagher!

Give him the right center and his stats will improve. We have loads of second line candidates, but what really differs the Habs from the other contenders, is that we lack the first line center. In the eastern conference all other teams entering the playoffs had a center with more point than Plekanec.

I love Plex, but he is not a first line center. A great second liner, but a mediocre first liner for a team that's one of the best in the east.

In my opinion, it's a first line center that's the key to us making it to the finals! All other ingredient are there!

• Upvote 1

Dd is our 1st line center because he is from Montreal. Otherwise he would be a 3rd line center on an other team

He is French, doubt if he is from Montreal.

I get the need for a RW, but honestly.. if they enter next year with DD, Pleks, and Eller as their top 3 Centres, it'll take another Price miracle to do anything in the playoffs.

Name 1 recent Stanley Cup winner with worse players down the middle... you can't do it.

DD was 40th highest scoring centre, doubt he would be 3rd liner on all 30 teams.

But he may be 3rd line centre on Habs this year and Eller will be #2.

DD was 40th highest scoring centre, doubt he would be 3rd liner on all 30 teams.

But he may be 3rd line centre on Habs this year and Eller will be #2.

Anisomov and Dano traded yesterday-- could either be of interest to the habs?-- maybe the fodder needed by Chicago to deal with the Habs?

Anisomov and Dano traded yesterday-- could either be of interest to the habs?-- maybe the fodder needed by Chicago to deal with the Habs?

Anisimov has already signed a five year extension so Chicago's not moving him. I'm sure the Habs would want Dano but every team would. I think Chicago is pencilling him in for a long-term role.

Hawks just extended anisomov this morning.

In light of the Pens adding Kessel $6.8M.

They have $5-6M left in cap space. 15 players signed.

I wonder if Perron would be available.

Smith-Pelly & Thomas and/or Andrighetto.... whomever makes it equal. Tinordi could be added into the equation. Cap friendly NHL ready players. With whatever picks...

Sounds like a win-win to me.

Pacioretty Desharnais Perron

Galchenyuk Plekanec Gallagher

De la Rose Elller Kassian

Bournival Mitchell Weise

Perron didn't work out playing with Syd or Malkin..I wouldn't think he'd thrive playing with Pleks or DD..I love that you'd sweep in to rape the Pens though! :thumbs_up:

I don't think it'd be rape. Good hockey trade. Pens get affordable quality depth. Habs get top scorer.

So he can only play with RNH or Gagner ... Backes or Oshie? Maybe MB could bring in his old junior wingman Stefano Giliati from Finland.. maybe he could still perhaps play with him. :thumbs_up:

I thought Perron was a LW... Hornqvist though... ;)

Left handed but a natural RW.

You realize that Hornqvist was the LAST pick of his draft year lol crazy!

That is Syds guy. Im sure he's had enough Dupuis!

Left handed but a natural RW.

You realize that Hornqvist was the LAST pick of his draft year lol crazy!

That is Syds guy. Im sure he's had enough Dupuis!

Perron is right handed

Yeah, right handed that played LW with Oilers. Don't remember with the Blues, but definitely LW with Eberle on RW at some point.

rumblings that shattenkirk could be on the trade block. Would a Markov, Tinordi and one of next years seconds do it? I know this is quantity over quality in a way but weirder trades have been going down.

rumblings that shattenkirk could be on the trade block. Would a Markov, Tinordi and one of next years seconds do it? I know this is quantity over quality in a way but weirder trades have been going down.

No, there's no way that gets it done. I think most would suggest that Shattenkirk is better than Markov and he's cheaper/younger to boot. Adding Tinordi, who doesn't have much value, plus a second, isn't anywhere near enough of a sweetener. If he moves, and it has since been denied that they're shopping him, it will be a core player for core player swap. Markov's good, but is two years away from likely retiring, not a core player in that sense.

I still say MB goes after Sharp:

- DSP, Pateryn & draft pick gets it done. Chicago simply can't take on salary at this point but would need a few bodies that are NHL ready.

I still say MB goes after Sharp:

- DSP, Pateryn & draft pick gets it done. Chicago simply can't take on salary at this point but would need a few bodies that are NHL ready.

The Habs can't take that much salary back though, not without making another move to free up cap space.