Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

What do you mean where am I getting my information from.

I mean, how do you know what his reasons are?

Obviously he has made his mind up, for what he considers important life decisions.

I don't think he got a fair shake there, and none of us know what the kid is thinking.

When it comes down to it, most of these guys are spoiled brats, from affluent families, that's how they got to play hockey at this level, so spoiled brat I can see...

But that doesn't change the fact that he isn't the first and won't be the last guy that decides for himself, what he wants.

Spezza did the same in Ottawa, Lindros refused to play for the team that drafted him, and that doesn't take anything away from their skill, or commitment to a team that treats them with respect and gives them a chance, Tampa hasn't given him what he thinks is a fair chance, and I don't have an ounce of trouble believing it's coach Cooper, and politics and money deciding things for him.

He is a young guy being manipulated by the man, I'm all for saying screw the man, and look out for yourself.

• Upvote 1

Guest Stogey24

I mean, how do you know what his reasons are?Obviously he has made his mind up, for what he considers important life decisions.I don't think he got a fair shake there, and none of us know what the kid is thinking.When it comes down to it, most of these guys are spoiled brats, from affluent families, that's how they got to play hockey at this level, so spoiled brat I can see...But that doesn't change the fact that he isn't the first and won't be the last guy that decides for himself, what he wants.Spezza did the same in Ottawa, Lindros refused to play for the team that drafted him, and that doesn't take anything away from their skill, or commitment to a team that treats them with respect and gives them a chance, Tampa hasn't given him what he thinks is a fair chance, and I don't have an ounce of trouble believing it's coach Cooper, and politics and money deciding things for him.He is a young guy being manipulated by the man, I'm all for saying screw the man, and look out for yourself.

There's two ways to look at the situation and I can definitely respect what your saying. I also 100% think that loud mouth Walsch had a huge part of this.

My response to this is basically, hey, great, he lowered his own market value. That's good for a team like us that might be interested in acquiring him.

The problem in this is Walsh, whom I can see MB vowing to avoid as much as possible.

• Upvote 1

My response to this is basically, hey, great, he lowered his own market value. That's good for a team like us that might be interested in acquiring him.

The problem in this is Walsh, whom I can see MB vowing to avoid as much as possible.

He did trade for Parenteau last offseason, a Walsh client so he doesn't seem to be on the 'avoid list' as seems to be the case for other teams.

I mean, how do you know what his reasons are?

Obviously he has made his mind up, for what he considers important life decisions.

I don't think he got a fair shake there, and none of us know what the kid is thinking.

When it comes down to it, most of these guys are spoiled brats, from affluent families, that's how they got to play hockey at this level, so spoiled brat I can see...

But that doesn't change the fact that he isn't the first and won't be the last guy that decides for himself, what he wants.

Spezza did the same in Ottawa, Lindros refused to play for the team that drafted him, and that doesn't take anything away from their skill, or commitment to a team that treats them with respect and gives them a chance, Tampa hasn't given him what he thinks is a fair chance, and I don't have an ounce of trouble believing it's coach Cooper, and politics and money deciding things for him.

He is a young guy being manipulated by the man, I'm all for saying screw the man, and look out for yourself.

Tampa own his rights for the next 5 years I believe, so is he going to sit at home? For 5 years? You have a career in order to look out for yourself. Not a very smart move on his part or his agents part.

Tampa own his rights for the next 5 years I believe, so is he going to sit at home? For 5 years? You have a career in order to look out for yourself. Not a very smart move on his part or his agents part.

He and his agent both know that Yzerman isn't going to let his value die on the vine for 5 years.

He and his agent both know that Yzerman isn't going to let his value die on the vine for 5 years.

I think we know this won't take 5 years cause if it did he will be working at Mcdonalds by then demanding to be head supervisor after his 1st week.. The real thing here is he is not being paid, and Yzerman has no intention of giving up his rights for nothing. They sent him down to get into game shape, how does he do that now? I just think this was boneheaded move by a young kid who's agent should know better.

I think we know this won't take 5 years cause if it did he will be working at Mcdonalds by then demanding to be head supervisor after his 1st week.. The real thing here is he is not being paid, and Yzerman has no intention of giving up his rights for nothing. They sent him down to get into game shape, how does he do that now? I just think this was boneheaded move by a young kid who's agent should know better.

He's getting 1/12th of what he'd make in the NHL in the AHL. Also he is a mere two games on a roster (even on IR) out of accumulating a year towards free ageny.

Basically for every 2 weeks he sits out, its worth it if he just is traded 1 day earlier cause he's causing a distraction.

Also in 1.5 years he'd be able to sign with a KHL, SHL, Swiss team.... etc.... he wouldn't work at

Also in 1.5 years he'd be able to sign with a KHL, SHL, Swiss team.... etc.... he wouldn't work at

If he were to stage a hold out for a year and a half, Tampa would simply have the ability to toll his contract and automatically extend it since he wouldn't play at all in the final year. That would prevent him from bolting elsewhere. If he doesn't play again this season, I'd be intrigued to see if they could toll this season. I don't know if they could - there really isn't precedent either way - but it'd make for an interesting story to keep tabs on in the summer.

I think it will all be moot. I doubt he's still on Tampa after the deadline at the absolute latest.

Depends on how much Stevie y wants. If there are 7-12 offers on the table now, how much better is it going to get?

So we've got a kid who is sent down for injury conditioning & showcasing for a trade AFTER he embarrasses the team by going public with a trade demand, proceeds to have 1 good game in 2 weeks, then decides the AHL money isn't good enough (on a contract he signed) AND he should be called up to the main team to not play because he's super concerned about making sure he's eligible for UFA status as early as possible (a status he would have got quite soon if he hadn't publicly declared his trade demand/dogged it in the minors/made this as difficult as possible for Yzerman to trade him for value.)

Can any GM look at this situation and think:

a) I want this whiny child in my dressing room.

b) I want this asshole agent constantly undermining my coach's influence in trying to get better hockey out of this whiny child.

c) Eventual contract negotiations are definitely gonna be a breeze with this asshole agent and whiny child.

Drouin is clearly a talented hockey player. He is also, now, quite clearly, a piece of shit person.

I honestly hope Yzerman keeps him in the minors all year so he doesn't get UFA status a year earlier.

So we've got a kid who is sent down for injury conditioning & showcasing for a trade AFTER he embarrasses the team by going public with a trade demand, proceeds to have 1 good game in 2 weeks, then decides the AHL money isn't good enough (on a contract he signed) AND he should be called up to the main team to not play because he's super concerned about making sure he's eligible for UFA status as early as possible (a status he would have got quite soon if he hadn't publicly declared his trade demand/dogged it in the minors/made this as difficult as possible for Yzerman to trade him for value.)

Can any GM look at this situation and think:

a) I want this whiny child in my dressing room.

b) I want this asshole agent constantly undermining my coach's influence in trying to get better hockey out of this whiny child.

c) Eventual contract negotiations are definitely gonna be a breeze with this asshole agent and whiny child.

Drouin is clearly a talented hockey player. He is also, now, quite clearly, a piece of shit person.

I honestly hope Yzerman keeps him in the minors all year so he doesn't get UFA status a year earlier.

Yeah that is pretty much it Trizzak.

Well that loss should solidify Bergevin's position, as to whether this team should buy or sell in next 4 or 5 weeks.

Likely be similar to 2012 deadline and add a 2nd pick or two I assume. Cant see them getting another 1st round pick for anyone they might be shipping out.

Guest Stogey24

Well that loss should solidify Bergevin's position, as to whether this team should buy or sell in next 4 or 5 weeks.

Likely be similar to 2012 deadline and add a 2nd pick or two I assume. Cant see them getting another 1st round pick for anyone they might be shipping out.

I see your optimistic outlook has run out

High picks are great and all, but I have to say, I'd rather get prospects or young guns of the Drouin variety. If this team makes the right moves, it can keep its nucleus and still be very good next year, with a healthy Price and all. A player who can help us in 1-2 years has a lot more value under these circumstances than a draft pick who can help us in 3-4 years. (Of course, if we're talking Austen Matthews, that's another story, since he could help us right away).

You do know high picks are just another type of asset and can be used for acquiring your Drouin. So to finish lowest is better than where they are at present picking 9th or 10th.

Would you?

Subban to Edmonton for Nugent-Hopkins, Yakupov, and Klefbom?

Nope. Unless Hall or McDavid are the centre piece of the trade, no way do i move Subban. I'd move Beaulieu for Yakupov.

You know things are insane when fans are mooting a trade of Subban. The guy is a franchise defenceman and THE most charismatic player in hockey. He will go down as one of the great Habs - provided we don't blow it.

Forget it.

Guest Stogey24

You know things are insane when fans are mooting a trade of Subban. The guy is a franchise defenceman and THE most charismatic player in hockey. He will go down as one of the great Habs - provided we don't blow it.

Forget it.

Amen

Forget it.

Agreed. I'd make the other move for MacPac (although that's not what Edmonton needs), but no way you move Subban - unless the return is astronomical.