Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

Would you?

Subban to Edmonton for Nugent-Hopkins, Yakupov, and Klefbom?

for rnh yak and klef , I might that is a lot of talent. subbsn can only do so much on his won. And remember he is not paid to score goals.

Guest Stogey24

for rnh yak and klef , I might that is a lot of talent. subbsn can only do so much on his won. And remember he is not paid to score goals.

This D-core would fall apart without Subban. You think this team is shit now, trade Subban and see what happens

You know things are insane when fans are mooting a trade of Subban. The guy is a franchise defenceman and THE most charismatic player in hockey. He will go down as one of the great Habs - provided we don't blow it.

Forget it.

Would you?

Subban to Edmonton for Nugent-Hopkins, Yakupov, and Klefbom?

I guess it goes to show how badly that things have gone off the rails that my immediate reaction to possibility of a Subban trade is "Maybe" instead of: "Are you out of your ever-living mind!!!!!!!!!!!"

That said, your proposal borders on the insane. Yak: unproven potential; Nugent Hopkins: a soft, inconsistent forward who hasn't reached--and may never reach--his full potential and Klefbom: a good prospect.

Subban: one of the most dynamic defensemen in the game and a Norris trophy winner

In short, you are asking would I trade a proven top two defenseman for a lot of potential? To which I reply: HELL NO!! Are you out of your ever-living mind!!!!!!!!!!!

what would it take for the Habs to land Yakupov?

I was looking back to the 2010-2011 season where him and Chucky played on Sarnia Sting in the OHL. Maybe he is exactly the player Chucky needs to play with? It also helps that they have previous chemistry already.

For Yak:

65 GP 49 G 52 A

For Chucky:

68 GP 31 G 52 A

just some food for thought, especially with Yak underachieving on the Oil

Guest Stogey24

what would it take for the Habs to land Yakupov?

I was looking back to the 2010-2011 season where him and Chucky played on Sarnia Sting in the OHL. Maybe he is exactly the player Chucky needs to play with? It also helps that they have previous chemistry already.

For Yak:

65 GP 49 G 52 A

For Chucky:

68 GP 31 G 52 A

just some food for thought, especially with Yak underachieving on the Oil

This guy has been brought up so many times and for awhile there he found some good chemistry with Mcdavid(not sure who wouldn't though).

Beaulieu would probably tempt the Oilers. I guess you'd have to sweeten the pot a bit beyond that, given Yak's pedigree, but Nate would be the centrepiece, I'd think.

However, they are apparently committed to a Yakupov-MacDavid duo. Since that configuration will make Yakupov look AWESOME even if he isn't, it's effectively going to remove Yak from the trade market.

- Eller to New Jersey

- Gilbert to Colorado

- Desharnais to Arizona

- Weise to St. Louis

- Markov to Washington (if Orpik is shut down for the year he fits, otherwise we take Laich off their hands)

- Emelin to Vancouver

- Fleischman to Florida

- DSP to Los Angeles

- Eller to New Jersey

- Gilbert to Colorado

- Desharnais to Arizona

- Weise to St. Louis

- Markov to Washington (if Orpik is shut down for the year he fits, otherwise we take Laich off their hands)

- Emelin to Vancouver

- Fleischman to Florida

- DSP to Los Angeles

Please, not Fleischmann again. We already have one borderline NHLer on the fourth line. (Shawn Thornton)

Beaulieu would probably tempt the Oilers. I guess you'd have to sweeten the pot a bit beyond that, given Yak's pedigree, but Nate would be the centrepiece, I'd think.

However, they are apparently committed to a Yakupov-MacDavid duo. Since that configuration will make Yakupov look AWESOME even if he isn't, it's effectively going to remove Yak from the trade market.

Yakupov was not with McDavid last game.

Hall - Draisaitl - Purcell

Pouliot - McDavid - Eberle

Kassian - Letestu - Yakupov

Will it remain as is though ? Who knows ?

I've seen Yakupov live a few times, and I'm not convinced he's even an NHL player, nevermind a number one overall pick. He's clueless without the puck on his stick.

So...straight up for Beaulieu then?

I would never give up an almost sure top 4 defence man for a struggling former first round pick. I would't trade Beaulieu for Yak. They'd have to give us much more.

How about:

Nugent-Hopkins

for

Beaulieu

Emelin

Might not be exactly what we need, but I'd be curious to see how people evaluate this.

It's not what Edmonton needs either. They have their own overpaid depth guys on the back end and aren't really in need of left shot D's. Sekera's signed long-term, so is Klefbom, and Nurse is their future #1 (at least they hope). If they move a top forward, they're going to want a core piece back. Beaulieu isn't that (yet at least), nor is Emelin.

Chiarelli would be tarred and feathered.

How about:

Nugent-Hopkins

for

Beaulieu

Emelin

Might not be exactly what we need, but I'd be curious to see how people evaluate this.

And this would be a bad thing? :)

can't stand him - so wouldn't mind a bit. But the idiotic Sequin trade aside, even he isn't that dumb - and this is coming from someone who isn't a nugent-hopkins fan.

can't stand him - so wouldn't mind a bit. But the idiotic Sequin trade aside, even he isn't that dumb - and this is coming from someone who isn't a nugent-hopkins fan.

I would love to see Chiarell tarred and feathered.