Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

But he hasn't saddled Habs with contracts like a Kessel, Phaneuf, Eric Stall, Gomaz, Vincent L, etc.

So are kinda splittin hairs about slightly overpaying a Emelin, DD, Eller or whichever contracts you mean.

I agree, actually. The Pleks contract is worrisome, but he has avoided putting any cap millstones around our necks.

My post was an attempt to think through the extent to which MB really deserves serious criticism. And on the whole, I don't think he does.

The real crucible wherein his fate is decided will be this deadline day and off-season; the moves he makes then will determine whether we can springboard from this disaster into bona-fide contention, or whether we will just get more of the same (i.e., a pretty good team that will only be good enough if Price absolutely gets locked into the zone in the playoffs). But I don't blame him for The Slump and I don't blame him for selling the future for desperate quick fixes in the present.

2 yrs ago traded basically two 2nd rounders for a Vanek and last year 2nd rounder for Petry.

I would love to see Habs get back two 2nd round picks before/at deadline.

2nd round picks seem a must have if want to trade up within 1st round.

Or simply so that would give Timmins 4 picks in 2nd round to work with this year.

You can say that again.

Nice one. Didn't mean to repeat myself---not Alzheimer's, just posting using my cell phone.

I read a rumor that believed that Ladd turned down a 6 year/$36 million dollar deal from Winnipeg. Of course that's just a rumor, and if it's true it could be about more than just the money.

I read a rumor that believed that Ladd turned down a 6 year/$36 million dollar deal from Winnipeg. Of course that's just a rumor, and if it's true it could be about more than just the money.

6mill? hmm trade pleks for him?

6mill? hmm trade pleks for him?

Why? Plex has better production than Ladd over the course of his career. That would not be an upgrade whatsoever. It's been stated so many times it's almost like beating a dead horse at this point; Plex is in the wrong role and until that big name Center comes (or if he ever does), he will continue to be under the microscope.

Why? Plex has better production than Ladd over the course of his career. That would not be an upgrade whatsoever. It's been stated so many times it's almost like beating a dead horse at this point; Plex is in the wrong role and until that big name Center comes (or if he ever does), he will continue to be under the microscope.

ok just a thought

I'd pay $6M for Ladd. Consistent 20+ goal scorer, 50+ points in a full season, he'd lock up our LW for years to come.

Yep, me too, he's a rugged guy as well so the grit would be helpful.

Well let's see 30 years old 6 '3' 200+ lbs, scores 450 pts in 744 games. What the hell do you want with a guy like that? How about a guy who is 33 stands 5'11" weighs 195, scores541 points in 816 games, who now makes 6 mill a year? That would be Pleks. I don't get it I would take Ladd in a heartbeat.

Would you take Ladd for the 6 years he wants? He already had a decline in his production this year.

Well let's see 30 years old 6 '3' 200+ lbs, scores 450 pts in 744 games. What the hell do you want with a guy like that? How about a guy who is 33 stands 5'11" weighs 195, scores541 points in 816 games, who now makes 6 mill a year? That would be Pleks. I don't get it I would take Ladd in a heartbeat.

Yep I would. We have to remember he plays on a shite team.

part of the reason they are a shit team is that Ladd has not performed. I can't see him productive for more than 2 or 3 years. I actually think Pleks will be productive longer than Ladd will. The only way i'd sign Ladd is he was willing to sign

a declining multi-year contract (6m, 6m, 4m, 4m, 2.5m).

with the can CDN$ declining, we can't sign a guy like ladd for term and high dollars. I'd much rather go after an elite upgrade than a guy who will become a nothing more than a character depth player in 2 years.

part of the reason they are a shit team is that Ladd has not performed. I can't see him productive for more than 2 or 3 years. I actually think Pleks will be productive longer than Ladd will. The only way i'd sign Ladd is he was willing to sign

a declining multi-year contract (6m, 6m, 4m, 4m, 2.5m).

with the can CDN$ declining, we can't sign a guy like ladd for term and high dollars. I'd much rather go after an elite upgrade than a guy who will become a nothing more than a character depth player in 2 years.

Yeah you could be right, who knows?

I'd pay $6M for Ladd. Consistent 20+ goal scorer, 50+ points in a full season, he'd lock up our LW for years to come.

Yeah, if our window is open now, Ladd is exactly the type of guy we go after. Would probably have to give him 5 or 6 years though.

Guest Stogey24

6M for how many years though? I really like Ladd too, but he ain't a young buck

Sorry Habs Retired, just saw your post

Edited by Stogey24

Yes, he seems to of been around too long to sign a long term high$ contract. But, he seems to be a bit of what Habs are missing.

Agreed, don't know if I would go more than 3 yrs with him...

Do you laddies think the perfect apple is just going to fall at your feet? You guys will be waiting a long time, I'm afraid. In the case of Ladd, even if Winnipeg decides to let him go, which I highly doubt; there would be a bidding war. It would be highly unlikely to get him on your terms or even at all.

Do you laddies think the perfect apple is just going to fall at your feet? You guys will be waiting a long time, I'm afraid. In the case of Ladd, even if Winnipeg decides to let him go, which I highly doubt; there would be a bidding war. It would be highly unlikely to get him on your terms or even at all.

Totally agree.

Habs should be looking for younger core pieces that may be a bit of a gamble, kinda like paying for potential, on shorter term deals.