Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

On 2016-11-29 at 9:39 PM, habs rule said:

Big deal of the day. Peter Holland to the habs, eafs retain 400 g in salary per year.

5th round pick to the laffs in 2018.

I wouldn't be shocked if the Habs were to wind up with Holland at some point now although it may be via the waiver wire (I can't see the Leafs burning their 2nd of three retention slots on him).

1 hour ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

I haven't put much thought into this but: Grigerenko for Beaulieu.

I'm not a big Beaulieu fan but I wouldn't do that, even with the extra need for a centre.  He has been a winger more than a centre this season and at the end of the day, he's just not that good.  Grigorenko really wouldn't be much of an upgrade compared to just shifting Flynn to the middle temporarily; if I'm Bergevin, I don't want to burn one of my better potential trade chips for a marginal at best improvement in the short-term.

50 minutes ago, TheDriveFor25 said:

I could see Burm and a D coming from Winnipeg, maybe Enstrom.

Almost 7 mil in salary though, not sure how'd they swing it!

Burmistrov is awful though.  I'd rather just take Peter Holland off the Leafs. Dont see him as a solution. 

0 goals 2 assists in 24 games. 

what would it take to land Shane Doan? he's been a talk to Montreal for years....thoughts? PS: I agree with a lot of opinions about spooner...as much as he could be a diamond in the ruff it seems very unlikely but his childhood dream was to play for the Habs. NB+2nd and maybe sherbak might do it

48 minutes ago, l

what would it take to land Shane Doan? he's been a talk to Montreal for years....thoughts? PS: I agree with a lot of opinions about spooner...as much as he could be a diamond in the ruff it seems very unlikely but his childhood dream was to play for the Habs. NB+2nd and maybe sherbak might do it

That's a massive overpayment.  Doan is a third liner this year on a bad team and has fallen off the proverbial cliff in terms of his play.  In terms of his performance this year, he's not worth the 2nd, let alone Beaulieu and Scherbak on top of that.  Plus, he has a full no-move clause and re-signed in Arizona fully knowing they weren't going anywhere this season. 

Edit: Mis-read, didn't realize the proposal was for Spooner.  My mistake...

3 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

That's a massive overpayment.  Doan is a third liner this year on a bad team and has fallen off the proverbial cliff in terms of his play.  In terms of his performance this year, he's not worth the 2nd, let alone Beaulieu and Scherbak on top of that.  Plus, he has a full no-move clause and re-signed in Arizona fully knowing they weren't going anywhere this season. 

I assumed his offer was for spooner.... 

3 hours ago, dlbalr said:

Edit: Mis-read, didn't realize the proposal was for Spooner.  My mistake...

Well... in my opinion, it is also an overpayment for Spooner, so your reply is still quite legit...

15 minutes ago, JoeLassister said:

Well... in my opinion, it is also an overpayment for Spooner, so your reply is still quite legit...

Beaulieu plus 2nd I'd give for spooner, i'm not adding Scherbak or McCarron though. 

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

I don't know if that does what we need.  Removing Plek for another Centre doesn't help the depth which is what we need to do. 

Actually it does if RNH plays like a Top 6 forward, and he could look mighty good in a new environment, centering Pacioretty and Radulov.  The problem isn't our lack of depth, but the fact that Plekanec has been below mediocre this season, generating no offense, and dragging down all his wingers with him. Plekanec was supposed to be that quality depth, and give us a very strong second offensive line behind Galchenyuk. 

In a recent article Down Goes Brown wrote about Trevor Linden's quote about not knowing how to go to the Sedin's and saying "we're stripping it down" and it's time for a rebuild. He also wrote about how few teams could actually take on both of them at once. But in the comments section he then said:

"Plekanec, Sergachev and a 1st for the Sedins, 50% salary retained on both. Who says no?"

Consider (when healthy):

Sedin - Sedin - Gallagher

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Radulov

and who gives a shit about the other lines because holy shit look at that top 6?!?!?