Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

Guest Stogey24

Engels of Sportsnet: If the Islanders are not able to sign John Tavares to a contract extension, the Canadiens should make a move. The Islanders may have to explore the idea of trade Tavares is they don’t think they can re-sign him, they can’t lose him for nothing after next season.

If the Canadiens have to include Mikhail Sergachev and other roster players, they have to do it. First round picks and Alex Galchenyuk, they should do it.

To me Galchenyuk is untouchable. He's going to turn a corner at some point. He was one of the most dominant players in the NHL, scoring wise, before he hurt his knee 

4 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

Engels of Sportsnet: If the Islanders are not able to sign John Tavares to a contract extension, the Canadiens should make a move. The Islanders may have to explore the idea of trade Tavares is they don’t think they can re-sign him, they can’t lose him for nothing after next season.

If the Canadiens have to include Mikhail Sergachev and other roster players, they have to do it. First round picks and Alex Galchenyuk, they should do it.

To me Galchenyuk is untouchable. He's going to turn a corner at some point. He was one of the most dominant players in the NHL, scoring wise, before he hurt his knee 

But if you are the Isles, you *have* to insist on guys like that as a return.

I wish I was hearing more about 55-60 pt. centremen being in Montreal's sights. Probably much less costly.

Can a team talk to a player (like Tavares) to find out if he will resign if traded for, before any trade happens?

Or is that one of those things that isn't allowed by the CBA but does happen?

On 4/27/2017 at 5:15 PM, sim.on said:

What could Beaulieu be worth?

To me it's been looking like he has slowly been improving and will likely grow into a top 4.

I think the expansion draft has his value low... but like you say there might be a couple pro scouts out there that might think a change would be great for N8 and so the thinking could be to try and get him low. I think there has been some pressure for him to play "better", I think he has answered the best way that he can. I think a change for his career might be good but this year was a real kick in the teeth for him. Start with Weber and end on the press box... ouch!    

23 minutes ago, DON said:

Can a team talk to a player (like Tavares) to find out if he will resign if traded for, before any trade happens?

Or is that one of those things that isn't allowed by the CBA but does happen?

If the trading team (NYI in this case) grants permission for another team to talk to a player regarding a contract extension, it's allowed.  If they don't get permission, it's tampering.

8 hours ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

If Tavares wants to sign long term in Montreal you acquire him. You sign him. You don't blow it like Turgeon. You run with it.

If Tavares wants to sign in Montreal, I'll drive Galchenyuk to the airport.  And I've been one of the biggest Galchenyuk supporters here. 

You don't turn that down.  Chuck + Beaulieu + 1st. 

• Upvote 2

I said that I didn't like the risk factor in a previously suggested Tavares deal but Chuck, N8 and a first, I do that in a heartbeat! Could even Garth Snow go for that?!

7 hours ago, Commandant said:

If Tavares wants to sign in Montreal, I'll drive Galchenyuk to the airport.  And I've been one of the biggest Galchenyuk supporters here. 

You don't turn that down.  Chuck + Beaulieu + 1st. 

I'll drive shotgun just to make sure it happens. I expect we all think that that is fair value. In a free market place, I think we are a tad light. 

8 hours ago, PMAC said:

I said that I didn't like the risk factor in a previously suggested Tavares deal but Chuck, N8 and a first, I do that in a heartbeat! Could even Garth Snow go for that?!

No, not a chance, would be easily outbid by other teams. I mean who wouldn't want to add a Tavares and Habs have very limited items to realistically offer, compared to some (most) teams

Galchenyuk, Sergachev (or Lehkonen maybe) & 1st maybe more like it. Beaulieu basically is worthless and a late 1st round pick not great value neither.

Yeah if we have a chance to finally solve our #1 centre issue then we do it. We are not going to "Ryder, Halak and a second" our way out of this.

If we genuinely have a shot at Tavares then we need to come to the table with a serious offer. I'm not sure an up and down, currently struggling Galchenyuk as the key piece will get that done. If I'm the Isles I will want scoring in return. Patches, Beaulieu and a draft pick.

Our chances of drafting the centre we need in a short time frame is pretty small. We can try and land a couple of lesser centres through free agency/small trades but we don't need any more third line centres.

If there is a whale available then we need to do everything to land it.

• Upvote 1

I would do Patches, Beau, and a pick in an instant too.

Lehkonen - Tavares - Radulov (signed)

Byron - Galchenyuk - Gallagher

Hudon - Danault -Shaw

Montreal would miss Patches consistent 30 goal seasons but Johnny doesn't score that much less and he helps his linemates pot in a lot of goals. Art scored 18 bouncing around the middle six. He'd probably be a 30 goal scorer with Tavares.

And just to please the Chuck at wingnuts

Galchenyuk - Tavares - Radulov

Lehkonen - Danault - Gallagher

Byron - Shaw - McCarron

18 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

I wonder what our threshold would be before we walked away? Would we be willing to part with Patches and Chucky plus parts to land Tavares? Would that hurt us too much? I think we can drop one of them but both? Is there someone else on our team that they need?

I want Tavares

It will surely involve losing either Patches or Galy. Pacioretty is unquestionably the better player right now and would probably be more appealing to the Islanders. I'd be willing to sacrifice either; what worries me is that the Isles will insist on quality additional pieces, such as Gallagher or Lehkonen. If we trade two wingers to fix the C problem we will simply be crippling the team in a different way. Conversely, the Isles might insist on Sergachev in addition to Patches or Galchenyuk.  Maybe we could bargain them down to some combination of Patches or Galy, Juulsen + a 1st. If they want N8, well, that could work too.

24 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

It will surely involve losing either Patches or Galy. Pacioretty is unquestionably the better player right now and would probably be more appealing to the Islanders. I'd be willing to sacrifice either; what worries me is that the Isles will insist on quality additional pieces, such as Gallagher or Lehkonen. If we trade two wingers to fix the C problem we will simply be crippling the team in a different way. Conversely, the Isles might insist on Sergachev in addition to Patches or Galchenyuk.  Maybe we could bargain them down to some combination of Patches or Galy, Juulsen + a 1st. If they want N8, well, that could work too.

Patches adds significant value to any trade because he is a consistent 30 goal scorer. I agree completely that solving our centre issue at the cost of creating another issue is pointless. If the asking price is more than we can handle perhaps we can use Max as key piece to land us a quality puck moving Dman. Our offense was crippled because of the lack of centres but also because we don't have that smart, creative breakout Dman anymore.

Tavares is my first choice but I'm sure Patches could land us something decent if that doesn't work out.

2 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

Patches adds significant value to any trade because he is a consistent 30 goal scorer. I agree completely that solving our centre issue at the cost of creating another issue is pointless. If the asking price is more than we can handle perhaps we can use Max as key piece to land us a quality puck moving Dman. Our offense was crippled because of the lack of centres but also because we don't have that smart, creative breakout Dman anymore.

Tavares is my first choice but I'm sure Patches could land us something decent if that doesn't work out.

Our FW corps is atrocious. Therefore, I would not trade MaxPac unless it meant a massive upgrade at C. I agree that we could use an elite puck-moving D-man, but we traded away that guy and there is no point in gutting the forward corps to fix that asinine mistake. We just have to hope that Sergachev and Juulsen can add some puck-moving brio from the blueline with the next year or two, or that Beaulieu (if by some miracle he goes untraded) finally steps up, or that we can acquire a top-4 puck mover in some other way. I know everyone is down on Patches right now. But I'm in no rush to trade him except for a Tavares-type deal.

Guest Stogey24
36 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Wingers are easier to replace than a centre. 

Max and something for Tavares.

Give Weber the C. 

Sign Marleau

It's hilarious to me that our GM is all about character, yet out captain is the furthest thing from it. Max gets traded this off summer. 

12 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

Wingers are easier to replace than a centre. 

Max and something for Tavares.

Give Weber the C. 

Sign Marleau

It's hilarious to me that our GM is all about character, yet out captain is the furthest thing from it. Max gets traded this off summer. 

I don't think they are in any hurry to trade him. I just see Patches as best trade asset that we could afford to give up, that other teams would badly want.

I was frustrated with him this playoffs too but laying our loss at his feet is not appropriate. This loss is on our GM (as usual)

Guest Stogey24
9 minutes ago, Prime Minister Koivu said:

You don't like his play in general? He is a consistent goal scorer for us.

If you are talking about him having the C then I agree. He should not be captain

When he's scoring goals, he's one of the better players in the league. When he goes cold, he's virtually invisible.

Sportsnet panel called him out too. An absolute non factor when he's not scoring. Something that has plagued him his entire career. 

Is Max a 9 million dollar player? Because after this year, he'll be asking for that kind of money 

Pacioretty Beaulieu Lindgren 1st for Tavares

JDLR 2x2nd's for Tyler Johnson

Emelin for late pick

Plekanec Vegas draft selection send Nesterov for future considerations.

Sign Kulikov

Galchenyuk Tavares Radulov

Lehkonen Johnson Gallagher

Byron Danault Shaw

Martinsen Ott Mitchell McCarron

Kulikov Weber

Markov Petry

Jerebek Benn

Sergachev Davidson

20 hours ago, Stogey24 said:

When he's scoring goals, he's one of the better players in the league. When he goes cold, he's virtually invisible.

Sportsnet panel called him out too. An absolute non factor when he's not scoring. Something that has plagued him his entire career. 

Is Max a 9 million dollar player? Because after this year, he'll be asking for that kind of money 

SPORTSNET panel called him out...well then, that's says it all!:tumbleweed:

• Upvote 1