Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

1 hour ago, hab29RETIRED said:

What would you give up for Tavares?  Player/draft Equivalents probably equate to at least 3 first rounders.   I'd be willing to give up more for a 21 year old draisaitl.

You said you would rather pay for a young RFA than an old UFA.

Tavares is not a UFA.

2 hours ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Again. Edmonton target the wrong player on the ducks.  You think draisaitl and penner are the equival by players, or think draisaitl has same ceiling as penner??  Really????  Penner at no time was considered to have draisaitl's ceiling.  Penner had a John druce year.   Lowe is an idiot who went after penner after vanek didn't work out - like Wilson going after neimi.   i know you like being argumentative, but get real.

if you were to trade for Tavares, who would you give up??  Probably top line player like galchenyuk and at least two first rounders.  I'd give up more for draisaitl at 21 than I would for Tavares at 27.  Signing draisaitl for 7 years, makes more sense than signing Tavares for seven years when he is 28.

Yes, Draisatl is better than Penner.

They also didn't give an offer sheet that equated to 4 first round picks either. 

2 hours ago, hab29RETIRED said:

They screwed over a conference rivals payroll than went after a goalie who was average. First step was good move, second step sucked. 

And that conference rival won 2 more cups with that "screwed up" payroll. 

there is a long history of teams using offer sheets in various ways.  I have yet to see one that achieved the goal. 

2 hours ago, JoeLassister said:

You said you would rather pay for a young RFA than an old UFA.

Tavares is not a UFA.

Will be 2018 and lots of suggestions to trade for him and sign him 

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

Yes, Draisatl is better than Penner.

They also didn't give an offer sheet that equated to 4 first round picks either. 

Lots of suggestions about trading for a Tavares. That would cost galchenyuk plus at least 2 firsts.

id rather lose 4 firsts than 2 firsts and galchenyuk 

3 hours ago, hab29RETIRED said:

Lots of suggestions about trading for a Tavares. That would cost galchenyuk plus at least 2 firsts.

id rather lose 4 firsts than 2 firsts and galchenyuk 

Keeping in mind the team's ineptitide at the draft table, and that we likely won't be drafting too high until this core declines, your stance is not as crazy as it may sound to some.

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Keeping in mind the team's ineptitide at the draft table, and that we likely won't be drafting too high until this core declines, your stance is not as crazy as it may sound to some.

It's not that crazy but in my opinion Draisaitl seems to be a very specific target from someone who lives in Alberta and probably sees and hears a lot about him. 

He seems to be an amazing player without a doubt but it's easy to look at his statistics right now and claim that he's worth 4 first round draft picks. In one sentence, he's compared to Kopitar and in the next he's compared to

Tavares to prove a point.

He did extremely well this year but for me next year will be his real measuring stick now that other teams are fully aware of him. He had a good World Cup prior to the season as well but his first two years don't have overly amazing statistics.

All in all, I doubt Bergevin has his priority being to throw an offer sheet at Draisaitl, and it's not necessarily because of his incompetence. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

It's not that crazy but in my opinion Draisaitl seems to be a very specific target from someone who lives in Alberta and probably sees and hears a lot about him. 

He seems to be an amazing player without a doubt but it's easy to look at his statistics right now and claim that he's worth 4 first round draft picks. In one sentence, he's compared to Kopitar and in the next he's compared to

He did extremely well this year but for me next year will be his real measuring stick now that other teams are fully aware of him. He had a good World Cup prior to the season as well but his first two years don't have overly amazing statistics.

All in all, I doubt Bergevin has his priority being to throw an offer sheet at Draisaitl, and it's not necessarily because of his incompetence. 

I'm not comparing draisatl to Tavares.  Different types of players.  I think draisatl is closer to a kopitar or Malkin.  Classic big, skilled, physical centre that can play a 200 foot game.  I actually think draisatl is going to be better than kopitar, don't know if he'll be as good as Malkin at his peak.

I made the Tavares comparison in terms of top line centres that we could target.  There has been a lot of suggestions on seeing if the isles can't resign him (which I think they will anyways), MB should make an offer for Tavares.  The suggested offers have ranged everywhere from galchenyuk+maxpac+1st to galchenyuk/sergachev/1st or even 2 firsts, or swapping maxpac with galchenyuk in the previous scenario.

all 3 players (draisatl, Tavares, kopitar) are true #1 centres they are not the same players, but all are guys that have the skill to be top 10 in scoring during their prime years.

I'd love to have Tavares, but i think any deal that includes sergachev and one of maxpac, galchenyuk and first round picks guts the team and defeats the purpose of going after Tavares, because it impedes the whole win-now opportunity given the ages of Price and Weber, since we'd be gutting the team of it's only real #1 dman prospect along with the little scoring we have.  Including one of our players that can score 30-40 goals, for another player that will score about the same nu,her of goals, but put up an extra 20 or so points, is not going to make as a true contender.  I actually think such a deal would be another lateral move like the subban trade,given what the total cost is.

i actually said last spring - before draisatl had his big breakout, that if we did trade subban (which I was against), it should be for a deal with Edmonton that brings in draisatl and a young dman as part of the package.

i get that there aren't a lot of RFA offer sheets made historically, but given how players are getting younger, I would rather give up draft picks for a 21 year old guy who should be a stud for the full seven years of his deal, rather than a 28 year old, who should be a star for 3 years and than probably start to decline for the last 4 years.  

Im not targeting draisatl because I'm in Alberta - I grew up hating both Alberta teams and have been a Habs fan since I was a 5 year old in 1975.  I'm targeting draisatl because the oilers are going to be vulnerable with both draisatl and mcdavid needing new deals, given the number of bad deals they have on their books.  I think anything under $9m would probably be matched, but I can't see them being able to match an offer sheet that is over $9m, given their need to reign other young players like nurse, klefbom, talbot and their need for other dman, given the inflated deals to eberle, lucic and having $6m tied up to nugent-Hopkins.  The only good long term contract the oilers have is Larson.  There is only so many guys they can buyout (pouliot most likely), or hope that vegas takes off their hands.

2 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

It's just not our record at drafting why I'm proposing to forego four 1st rounders for draisatl.  I think no matter who we trade galchenyuk for, we will regret it (I think he is better than duschane, and given what else it would take to get Tavares, we'd lose that deal).  I also think there is no way we get to draft a guy like draisatl given that we probably (hopefully not - but with MB in charge, who knows), be a lottery pick.

Guest Stogey24
11 hours ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

Definitely agree. I'd like to see what Draisatl does this coming season. 

As I said before, Beregvin isn't going to throw an offer sheet at one of his biggest trading partners. 

12 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

Definitely agree. I'd like to see what Draisatl does this coming season. 

As I said before, Beregvin isn't going to throw an offer sheet at one of his biggest trading partners. 

Of course he isn't, is a non-starter and likely about same odds Crosby is traded to Habs this summer.

"Habs suck at drafting. Instead of firing everyone who runs amateur scouting, let's just get rid of all of our draft picks for players that are already great! That way the great players can turn into good players when ruined by our coaching and development staff!"

I feel like Brad Pitt in Moneyball. What is the problem?

Guest Stogey24
5 hours ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

"Habs suck at drafting. Instead of firing everyone who runs amateur scouting, let's just get rid of all of our draft picks for players that are already great! That way the great players can turn into good players when ruined by our coaching and development staff!"

I feel like Brad Pitt in Moneyball. What is the problem?

Not really on the topic your saying, but at what point do assistant coaches get let go?

You'd think Julien would want his own guys in there...? 

1 minute ago, Stogey24 said:

Not really on the topic your saying, but at what point do assistant coaches get let go?

You'd think Julien would want his own guys in there...? 

It was reported a couple of weeks ago that no changes are being made to the assistants other than Jodoin resigning (and he's not likely to be replaced).

57 minutes ago, dlbalr said:

It was reported a couple of weeks ago that no changes are being made to the assistants other than Jodoin resigning (and he's not likely to be replaced).

Jodoin is waiting for Le Genius to get a new job. :D

54 minutes ago, habs rule said:

Jodoin is waiting for Le Genius to get a new job. :D

:rolleyes:

I don't think poor Mikey is in need of cash at the moment, but was rumour he is in running for some NHL coaching position already.:thumbs_up:

Guest Stogey24
4 hours ago, dlbalr said:

Really think JJ should be getting replaced. 

55 minutes ago, Stogey24 said:

Really think JJ should be getting replaced. 

But than who will remain in the foxhole to keep MB company?

9 hours ago, DON said:

:rolleyes:

I don't think poor Mikey is in need of cash at the moment, but was rumour he is in running for some NHL coaching position already.:thumbs_up:

Ya Le Genius still has lots of Molson bucks to throw around. I should be so lucky.

3 hours ago, habs rule said:

Jim Nill is willing to move the #3 pick Cause he has 2 1st's. I would think we should take a shot at that.

Yeah, but it'll be too 'tough.' :rolleyes:

More seriously, it all depends on the return. What does Nill want?