Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

1 hour ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

The trade did not make the team any better. Therefore, the whole argument that Weber 'fit better into the style of play' is nugatory. If we acquired a guy to 'fit into the system' then the rationale had to be that it would improve the team. Yet we were no better in our own end, did not score more goals, did not win more games, did not do any better in the playoffs, and the team character was described by the GM as 'fragile.' The results, rationally examined, show that the trade was a futile lateral move to please a coach who should have been fired and soon was.

Anyhow,. this is the 'trade proposal' thread. The question returns: Galy for what return from the Rags? I'm honestly curious.

You mean the team that missed the playoffs completely the year before Weber got here? Yes I know you are comparing it to the team 2 years ago but that doesn't hold weight because there were far more of the same players on the 16 team than the 15 team. You can't just say the 16 Habs didn't exist 

But yes, I'd love to keep the topic of the thread to what it was intended to be. You can thank your buddy 29 for bringing up the trade, as it seems to creep into every conversation on this board for some reason 

Guest Stogey24
3 hours ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

I liked Subban and was just as frustrated when the trade was made as I was ecstatic when we acquired Vanek years ago. With that being said it's comments like those that have me debating. Subban isn't even playing as a #1 on his team right now whereas Weber is and yet Subban is a #1 in the league now and Weber is a #1 of 10 years ago.

I get it, the puck moving defenseman is the way of the modern NHL whereas the Byfuglien's and Weber's are becoming obsolete. I also get that Nashville has 3 #1 defensemen and the Habs have 0 according to this train of thought but I have to ask how in the world is having the second most goals in the league amongst defenseman not a #1 in today's NHL when Burns will get the Norris for scoring the most?Not to mention Byfuglien was top

5 in scoring as well. Nashville isn't compete on their back end either. They would love to have a Weber, Byfuglien or Burns as well. There's no mistaking that.

As for Galchenyuk, I wouldn't trade him to the Rags at all. I didn't think highly of them

when we faced them in terms of their offensive capacity. I do like Zibenajad and Nash played well but I would not trade Galchenyuk for either, even in a package. Stepan as well, he's had some good stints but even if MB is trying to get bigger and stronger, Stepan is too slow for my liking. 

I would honestly be surprised if we traded him. Really surprised. But I would have been one of the few that may have traded him

for Duchene. I'm if trading him, it's out west and I personally don't care about either Galchenyuk's nor Duchene's apparent defensive liabilities. It's been brought up that Duchene had defensive issues in Colorado and was played on the third line but everything I read mentioned that Duchene playing wing was initially as a result of Duchene being a versatile player who could play wing as well and that having him and Mackinnon (two centermem) on the same line was an extremely effective weapon. They each would take faceoffs depending on the situation. By the end of the season, he was playing third line wing but many teams do that to spread the scoring out and Andrighetto was also playing on the first line. In sum, if we had actually traded for Duchene, we don't have a Mackinnon and I'm sure it would have been in order to slot him

in at center.

Ekholm Ev Toi- 304min

P.K Ev Toi- 297min

His D partner has a few more minutes than him for top TOI( 4 shifts) on Nashville.

My point about Weber being the #1 of 10 years ago is that no team in the NHL has a stay at home d-man as their number one. It's all about quick transition now. 

The trade that should have happened is acquiring Weber, while keeping P.K. We didn't have the depth to swallow a trade like the one Beregvin made. 

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/ranking-top-20-defencemen-nhl-numbers/

Galchenyuk and Beaulieu to Calgary for Bennett and Hamilton

or

Galchenyuk and Beaulieu to Edmonton for Lucic and Nurse

discuss

no more Weber/PK talk

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, TheDriveFor25 said:

Galchenyuk and Beaulieu to Calgary for Bennett and Hamilton

There was once talk that Hamilton was not liked in Calgary and was on the trade block but that talk disappeared around Christmas. He had a 50 point season. Also he's a right defenceman. 

Brodie/Bennett for Galchenyuk/Beaulieu is closer.

• Upvote 1

I know this is said practically every year, but it looks like Chicago is going to have a lot of cap trouble this offseason. They are already well over the (presumed stagnant) cap and don't even have a full roster.

I wonder if a no-salary-back offer involving our 1st round pick gets the Blackhawks to ask Anisimov to waive his NMC. 4.55 million off the books would give them some breathing room, and it looks like they have some offensive depth at centre with their prospects and could handle losing him.

49 minutes ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

Brodie/Bennett for Galchenyuk/Beaulieu is closer.

I actually don't mind that, although Bennett regressed a bit this year. 

16 minutes ago, Trizzak said:

I know this is said practically every year, but it looks like Chicago is going to have a lot of cap trouble this offseason. They are already well over the (presumed stagnant) cap and don't even have a full roster.

I wonder if a no-salary-back offer involving our 1st round pick gets the Blackhawks to ask Anisimov to waive his NMC. 4.55 million off the books would give them some breathing room, and it looks like they have some offensive depth at centre with their prospects and could handle losing him.

Anisimov's name is out there apparently.  I stumbled on a column out of Chicago while doing prep work for my PHR shift tonight that says that Anisimov is rumoured to be on the block already. http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/hockey/blackhawks/ct-spt-0519-blackhawks-trade-analysis-20170518-story.html

1 hour ago, dlbalr said:

Anisimov's name is out there apparently.  I stumbled on a column out of Chicago while doing prep work for my PHR shift tonight that says that Anisimov is rumoured to be on the block already. http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/hockey/blackhawks/ct-spt-0519-blackhawks-trade-analysis-20170518-story.html

Given MB's affinity to Chicago players, what would it take to get him? Seems to me a step in the right direction, as far as filling needs.

42 minutes ago, BlueKross said:

Given MB's affinity to Chicago players, what would it take to get him? Seems to me a step in the right direction, as far as filling needs.

Anisimov wasn't there when Bergevin was whereas Shaw was while Danault was picked when he was still with them.  It's probably not the same situation.  Their cap situation is really ugly so they can't take anyone with any notable salary back.  I'd suggest they'd be looking for a near NHL-ready forward with top six upside.  They don't have anyone who fits that bill from St. John's.  If I had to guess who they'd ask for, I'd say Lehkonen.  He's cheap for another year and has shown flashes of top six potential.  I can't see them looking for picks, they'd prefer a player who can help in the near future.

3 hours ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

Injury prone and an NMC.

He would have to want to come to Montreal.

4 million salary 45 points per year. he better be cheap.

1 hour ago, habs rule said:

4 million salary 45 points per year. he better be cheap.

45 points in 65 games.

And even if it was 45 points in 82 games, that's pretty comparable to other 4.5 million dollar players in the league. 

1 hour ago, Trizzak said:

45 points in 65 games.

And even if it was 45 points in 82 games, that's pretty comparable to other 4.5 million dollar players in the league. 

There is no way I give up   Lehkonen for him.

12 hours ago, Meller93 said:

I too like the anisimov idea. If he's actually on the block as Brian mentioned he shouldn't actually cost us that much.

Why wouldn't he cost much?  He'd be a top six centre on a good contract that's available in a market that's largely bereft of top six centres.  That suggests a bidding war, not a low-cost pickup.

Shipochev looks pretty good, but I want Ryan O'Reily on the Canadiens. Mr. Bergevin, make it so. 

14 hours ago, illWill said:

Anisimov would be a savvy pickup and wouldn't cost near as much as a Duchene would. 

But isnt as productive as Duchene neither.

15 minutes ago, PMAC said:

Shipochev looks pretty good, but I want Ryan O'Reily on the Canadiens. Mr. Bergevin, make it so. 

Why would Sabres consider trading their MVP? Makes zero sense...but obviously would look good in  Hab jersey, but so would McDavid.