Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

1 hour ago, Commandant said:

I didn't say that.  

Is it possible.  I'm sure Bergevin has asked what the price is.  New Jersey is willing to listen.  Trades are always possible.

Is it worth over-reacting because he had an interview with the Habs.  Doesn't mean that much, he's interviewed with over half the league.  Sometimes teams do interviews incase he's a trade possibility now or in 3-4 years.  They also like to ask about teammates, example Stelio Mattheos is ranked close to the Habs two second round picks, maybe they want a teammates insight on him. There are lots of reasons to interview.  Not all are trades, though some are. 

I like the point about interviewing in case a trade opens up in years to come. Never thought about it beyond the draft, but that's a great way to get familiar with top talent. 

What do you think about Patrick versus Galchenyuk? Not saying he's the only option, but he's a logical trade candidate.

33 minutes ago, Meller93 said:

I like the point about interviewing in case a trade opens up in years to come. Never thought about it beyond the draft, but that's a great way to get familiar with top talent. 

What do you think about Patrick versus Galchenyuk? Not saying he's the only option, but he's a logical trade candidate.

I think given Galchenyuk's public struggles and the way the team had him on the fourth line, you'd have to add to the deal 

Something like

Galchenyuk, Juulsen, 1st (25)

for

Patrick, 2nd (36)

might be fair value. 

I'm not sure it helps you win now though, as Patrick will take time to grow and in the immediate future Galchenyuk is probably better.   

Its a move that when looked at in combination with the Weber/Subban trade doesn't make a whole lot of sense.  Its spinning your wheels. 

2 hours ago, Commandant said:

Nolan Patrick met with 15 NHL teams (at least) in the last week.  

Isnt he actually visiting Montreal, NJ and Philly and being evaluated by Hab Doctors, which isn't same as simply combine interview is it?

3 minutes ago, DON said:

Isnt he actually visiting Montreal, NJ and Philly and being evaluated by Hab Doctors, which isn't same as simply combine interview is it?

No its not the same. 

I'm still not sure it means any type of trade is imminent. 

Like I said, you can't do this stuff after a player is drafted as it becomes tampering.  So now is your chance to do your due diligence for down the road.  

Patrick has had a lot of injuries, the Habs might just see having him looked at by doctors is due diligence for future. 

I won't read a whole lot into it, until a guy like Friedmann or Lebrun, or McKenzie says there is a chance of a trade happening, but thats just me. 

7 minutes ago, DON said:

New article just broke. He isn't meeting with Habs doctors. 

He is coming to Montreal to meet with Sponsors and Advertising people, and do a photo shoot. 

http://www.lapresse.ca/sports/hockey/201706/06/01-5104862-non-nolan-patrick-ne-rencontrera-pas-le-canadien.php

16 minutes ago, Commandant said:

No its not the same. 

I'm still not sure it means any type of trade is imminent. 

Like I said, you can't do this stuff after a player is drafted as it becomes tampering.  So now is your chance to do your due diligence for down the road.  

Patrick has had a lot of injuries, the Habs might just see having him looked at by doctors is due diligence for future. 

I won't read a whole lot into it, until a guy like Friedmann or Lebrun, or McKenzie says there is a chance of a trade happening, but thats just me. 

Agree 100%, just thought you thought was just combine interview and now seems as if was nothing at all anyways.

53 minutes ago, Commandant said:

I think given Galchenyuk's public struggles and the way the team had him on the fourth line, you'd have to add to the deal 

Something like

Galchenyuk, Juulsen, 1st (25)

for

Patrick, 2nd (36)

might be fair value. 

I'm not sure it helps you win now though, as Patrick will take time to grow and in the immediate future Galchenyuk is probably better.   

Its a move that when looked at in combination with the Weber/Subban trade doesn't make a whole lot of sense.  Its spinning your wheels. 

Yea in light of the win now Weber trade it really doesn't make a whole lot of sense does it. Then again, I do think of Patrick as a more Julien type centreman. I could be wrong, but does he not have more two-way potential than what is considered of Galchenyuk? Or am I getting mixed up with his power forward, physical side of his game?

20 minutes ago, Meller93 said:

Yea in light of the win now Weber trade it really doesn't make a whole lot of sense does it. Then again, I do think of Patrick as a more Julien type centreman. I could be wrong, but does he not have more two-way potential than what is considered of Galchenyuk? Or am I getting mixed up with his power forward, physical side of his game?

He's got more defensive potential than Galchenyuk.  But he's also 18.  He's gonna make rookie mistakes next year. 

he might be better down the road, but not right now. 

Guest Stogey24

I've read a few articles saying that Patrick will be a decent point producer, but not elite and that he's going to need some time  

Trading Galchenyuk for an 18 yo guy who's not  Matthews or Eichel  caliber is a move that you make when you clean the house for a complete rebuild through the draft.

And this is not happening as long as Price, Weber and Pax are on the team.

I was kinda bored so I thought of a trade :D ....

2017: 1st round

N. Beaulieu

Vs.

Jonas Brodin

2018: Conditional 3rd round (should NB not be picked and breaks 50pts nxt season) 

Good trade for both teams???

5 hours ago, Stogey24 said:

Marko Dano is a guy to watch..

Why? I don't know anything about him but I don't see anything in his stats that makes me warm and fuzzy.

49 minutes ago, TheDriveFor25 said:

Seeing as it's a divisional opponent and we'd have to overpay.. thoughts about:

Sergachev and McCarron and #25 for Drouin and #14  

No bloody way.  Julsson or Beaulieu, or even botha

ong with McCarron sure.  I wouldn't trade Drouin straight up for sergechev.   We are rail thin on D that can actually move the puck on the team and in our prospect pool.

On ‎2017‎-‎06‎-‎10 at 5:51 PM, hab29RETIRED said:

ong with McCarron sure.  I wouldn't trade Drouin straight up for sergechev.   We are rail thin on D that can actually move the puck on the team and in our prospect pool.

We are also rail thin on F who can actually create offense on the team and in our prospect pool.

Seems NJ Devils might thinking about drafting D?

http://www.tvasports.ca/2017/06/10/un-defenseur-pour-les-devils-au-repechage

What if the Habs offered up NB and Julsson? Would that be fair? Since they could move down past 5 and still maybe get Makar

2 hours ago, ehjay said:

Seems NJ Devils might thinking about drafting D?

http://www.tvasports.ca/2017/06/10/un-defenseur-pour-les-devils-au-repechage

What if the Habs offered up NB and Julsson? Would that be fair? Since they could move down past 5 and still maybe get Makar

If you give them Sergachev + 1st they might give you first overall.

On 2017-06-10 at 4:51 PM, hab29RETIRED said:

Sergechev and a 1st is a massive overpayment.  Beaulieu and pick would be more like it. I would like to see Montreal clearly win a major trade for a change and they certainly will not if they give up Serg or Gally for Duchene?

22 hours ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

If you give them Sergachev + 1st they might give you first overall.

Seems a bit steep... If MB I would gun for Brodin for NB and Sherbak or some other prospect... Seems to me if there is no legit #1C heading this way then Micha should stay  

7 hours ago, ehjay said:

Seems a bit steep... 

Of course it is. You are trying to get the first overall pick. What you think they are going to settle on a 26th overall pick drafted in 2015 with no real accolades?

If they want a top defenceman they can just trade down with a team around eighth overall and get extra to go with an 18 year old that's best in their draft.

I'm expecting Bergevin to look for a reclamation project to fill the top six centre role. That way he doesn't lose a high prospect.

3 hours ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

Of course it is. You are trying to get the first overall pick. What you think they are going to settle on a 26th overall pick drafted in 2015 with no real accolades?

If they want a top defenceman they can just trade down with a team around eighth overall and get extra to go with an 18 year old that's best in their draft.

I'm expecting Bergevin to look for a reclamation project to fill the top six centre role. That way he doesn't lose a high prospect.

Maybe Artem Anisomov? Not exactly a reclamation project, but he fits MB's Chicago 2009-2012 worshipping vision of the league. Eric Staal is another name I thought of.

1 hour ago, Lovett's Magnatones said:

Maybe Artem Anisomov? Not exactly a reclamation project, but he fits MB's Chicago 2009-2012 worshipping vision of the league. Eric Staal is another name I thought of.

Anisimov is a guy who is around 40 points even playing on a line with Kane and Panarin.  I think he's a definite possibility for Bergevin, and he's one guy i predict us to be in on. But its also not an acquisition that excites me. 

Staal would be a nice pickup as a stop gap. 

• Upvote 1

Let's get Staal. I want a big center with skill and I guess both (Anisimov) those players fit that bill but I still think Staal has a higher ceiling. I also suggested Thornton awhile back but I'm not sure what his situation is in more than one way. He wasn't able to score much this season but Pacioretty may pot 80 with him by his side :lol: