Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

5 hours ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

Now that I've read the article, I've re-read what you wrote. I don't know why Jagr even hired his agent Petr Svoboda if he's the one making personal calls to GMs.

I can see there being some truth to it but the truth is most likely being twisted.

35 minutes ago, xXx..CK..xXx said:

Now that I've read the article, I've re-read what you wrote. I don't know why Jagr even hired his agent Petr Svoboda if he's the one making personal calls to GMs.

I can see there being some truth to it but the truth is most likely being twisted.

very good point

9 hours ago, Commandant said:

What would it take to get Bryan Little?

1 year left on his current contract.... $4.7 million cap hit. 

Paul Byron and some draft capitol? They could use a W that can move up and down the lineup while they ease in Kyle Connor and they need somebody cheaper as they have a lot of raises due next year

On ‎2017‎-‎07‎-‎14 at 9:20 AM, for Pete's sake said:

Paul Byron and some draft capitol? They could use a W that can move up and down the lineup while they ease in Kyle Connor and they need somebody cheaper as they have a lot of raises due next year

Hi folks, first time poster. I would expect Byron to be a nice addition such a package, I would also expect to have to include a D prospect... likely one just drafted since Juulsen is too much in this case, and then another pick.

I read something on another site that raised this question and comparison in my mind.

Who would you prefer to have on your team. Jonathan Drouin or Matt Duchene? Either way, I would think maybe the comparison is at least close between the two? 

The reason I ask that is to compare their trade value. If these two players are somewhat close in value, Drouin was traded for 1 bluechip, top prospect with a few NHL games under his belt.

But for Duchene, Sakic is asking for a top 4 D, a 1st round pick and a top prospect.....plus?? 

If my logic is at least close, then Sakic may be losing a lot of respect around the league for asking what he is for a very good center, but whose numbers this past year were 18 goals,  23 assists,  41 points and he was a  -34.

I'd love to have Matt Duschene on our team, like Galchenyuk he may have had a down year last season, but the asking price isn't just ridiculous, it's totally out of whack. If Sakic brought his asking price more in line with the Drouin trade something would likely develop pretty quickly.  

What do you think? 

Guest Stogey24

I think Drouin is going to be a stud on this team.

As much as hated him for bailing on his team 2 years ago. 

3 hours ago, Commandant said:

Drouin... the ceiling is much higher, he's younger, and he's signed for 5.5 million for 6 years, Duchene is  6million for 2 years. 

Not really close in my mind. 

Agree 100%. Duchene is overrated.

3 hours ago, Stogey24 said:

I think Drouin is going to be a stud on this team.

As much as hated him for bailing on his team 2 years ago. 

I find it mordantly amusing to consider that, had he done that with the Habs, he'd likely have been shipped out, pursued by MB's imprecations about 'character and leadership,' or else forced to sign a bridge deal in order to 'prove' that he deserves the big money. But since he comes from another system, why, he's virtue incarnate :rolleyes:

Guest Stogey24
2 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Agree 100%. Duchene is overrated.

I find it mordantly amusing to consider that, had he done that with the Habs, he'd likely have been shipped out, pursued by MB's imprecations about 'character and leadership,' or else forced to sign a bridge deal in order to 'prove' that he deserves the big money. But since he comes from another system, why, he's virtue incarnate :rolleyes:

No no. Since he comes from Quebec 

2 hours ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

I was pretty defensive of Drouin when that was happening. Others were against him being a Hab. I guess time heals wounds. 

My only problem is that I would not be shocked if he gets a red carpet and space from Julien on and defensive errors while Galchenyuk still gets stapled to the bench for not breathing defensively enough. 

• Upvote 1

So here is my main point.....the consensus here judging from your comments, is that Drouin is the better player.....and he was traded by a respected GM in Tampa for a 1st round blue chip defenseman, who hasn't established himself in the NHL yet.

The point is.... Sakic is asking for a top 4 D, a first round pick plus a good prospect, for a player debatably not as valuable as Drouin. Insane.

• Upvote 2

Would i take 60 point duchene on the Habs? of course.

Do I want to pay the price Sakic is asking for?  Hell no.  He's asking for a Tavares level package for Matt Duchene.  Thats the issue and that is why many people are saying he's overrated. 

1 minute ago, Neech said:

Plekanec

Pacioretty 

for

Claude Giroux 

We get our #1C, but does it make us better?

Philly doesn't have the cap space to take on Plekanec, and if they trade Giroux it will have much to do with cap reasons. They also already took on Filppula at $5M.

Montreal does have the space, especially to take Giroux on as a 1C, but Philly needs defencemen. This is the tragic issue with most teams with a centre Montreal could trade for. They need defencemen, and Montreal is shallow there. It's what Yzerman took for Drouin. It's what Philly and Colorado will want for their centres.

You're better off dangling Shea Weber in a one for one for Giroux.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

Philly doesn't have the cap space to take on Plekanec, and if they trade Giroux it will have much to do with cap reasons. They also already took on Filppula at $5M.

Montreal does have the space, especially to take Giroux on as a 1C, but Philly needs defencemen. This is the tragic issue with most teams with a centre Montreal could trade for. They need defencemen, and Montreal is shallow there. It's what Yzerman took for Drouin. It's what Philly and Colorado will want for their centres.

That would be ironic, since philly made the original offer sheet to Weber - it would make us even weaker on D though.  I think if we were going to consider moving Weber, I'd rather do that for a younger guy like Draisaitl.

1 hour ago, hab29RETIRED said:

That would be ironic, since philly made the original offer sheet to Weber - it would make us even weaker on D though.  I think if we were going to consider moving Weber, I'd rather do that for a younger guy like Draisaitl.

Whether another team would take on Weber's contract is an interesting question...but more to the point, losing Weber would irreparably decimate our blueline. That's what happens when you have no talent pipeline.

3 hours ago, Machine of Loving Grace said:

"Dangling" a top pair Team Canada Dman for a fringe 4th line team Canada center, come on man you can't possibly think so little of Weber can you? that deal just plain and simply makes us worse and offers no cap relief or anything. Imagine this current D without Weber, Imagine this PP without Weber, imagine Petry forced to play 25+ min a night against the best of the best night in and night out.

our movable assets lie on the wing, if the dance partner has different needs and the pieces don't fit, you have to move on and explore other options.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, hab29RETIRED said:

That would be ironic, since philly made the original offer sheet to Weber - it would make us even weaker on D though.  

Absolutely, and that's the problem. Every team with a centre to trade wants a top defenceman, and Montreal only has one left with nothing in the system. They are not equipped to trade for a centre unless one comes in situation (ie. Guy requests trade so team needs a forward in return)

4 hours ago, Neech said:

Plekanec

Pacioretty 

for

Claude Giroux 

We get our #1C, but does it make us better?

No thank you to Scott Gomez 2.0.

Claude Giroux is in the process of falling off the cliff.  No way i touch that contract, never mind give up Pacioretty to get it. 

86 points

73 points

67 points

58 points

His even strength production is falling even more severely here. 

He's got some very bad signs. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DON said:

Weber for Giroux is just idiotic, But have to assume it is attempted joke.

Frankly, I think anyone for Giroux is idiotic - who wants that contract?

11 hours ago, Link67 said:

"Dangling" a top pair Team Canada Dman for a fringe 4th line team Canada center, come on man you can't possibly think so little of Weber can you? that deal just plain and simply makes us worse and offers no cap relief or anything. Imagine this current D without Weber, Imagine this PP without Weber, imagine Petry forced to play 25+ min a night against the best of the best night in and night out.

our movable assets lie on the wing, if the dance partner has different needs and the pieces don't fit, you have to move on and explore other options.

What the hell does Team Canada have to do with anything?!