Permanent Trade Proposal Thread

dlbalr

It sure is, but I figured since we were throw out crazy deals why not...  LOL

I have always wondered what it would take to get Crosby in Mtl.  His favourite team, etc.  You can bet he would be motivated to bring a cup to Montreal if he wound up a Hab.  Mind you, he would never come to Mtl. if Price was going the other way.

2 hours ago, titanfan said:

I have always wondered what it would take to get Crosby in Mtl.  His favourite team, etc.  You can bet he would be motivated to bring a cup to Montreal if he wound up a Hab.  Mind you, he would never come to Mtl. if Price was going the other way.

I would take that deal any day. Pittsburgh wouldn't because Murray has similar stats to Price at the same age. 

2 hours ago, Stogey24 said:

Definetly the dog days, if we're talking about a Sidney Crosby trade 

Dog days?  Is that a sign that we need to revive everyone's favourite time-killing summer thread?

• Upvote 2

47 minutes ago, Neech said:

To Mtl:

Giroux

To Philly:

Gallagher

Plekanec

Juulsen

Poehling

1st

Does it get it done?  I get Giroux's declining, but he'd still slot in as our #1 C.  

No chance I'm giving that much for Giroux.  3 first rounders, and Gallagher??

54 minutes ago, Neech said:

To Mtl:

Giroux

To Philly:

Gallagher

Plekanec

Juulsen

Poehling

1st

Does it get it done?  I get Giroux's declining, but he'd still slot in as our #1 C.  

That is verryy steep, Gallagher and a 2nd should be a good starting point, Maybe a 1st instead of Philly agrees to retain some salary.

6 hours ago, titanfan said:

A joke deal, that makes more sense.

Guest Stogey24
1 hour ago, dlbalr said:

Dog days?  Is that a sign that we need to revive everyone's favourite time-killing summer thread?

:hyper:

2 hours ago, dlbalr said:

It's going to be a looong August

Giroux to me is in a Gomez situation.  That contract with 5 years and 8 million on it is looking like an albatross.  His points have gone down 4 years in a row. He didn't crack 60 points last year.  He did nothing 5v5 and feasted on the PP.  I think his value is really diminished by that deal. 

I wouldn't give up more for him than the Penguins gave up for Kessel... in fact it would be less than what was given for Kessel. 

Scherbak, Lernout, 1st. 

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, The Chicoutimi Cucumber said:

Damned MLB...they moved the Expos and therefore permanently ruined my summers from a 'sports fan' POV

I think you mean "Damned city of Montreal for not supporting the team."  There were seasons where minor league teams as low class A had better attendance.

27 minutes ago, Fanpuck33 said:

I think you mean "Damned city of Montreal for not supporting the team."  There were seasons where minor league teams as low class A had better attendance.

Wasn't that Olympic stadium the worst ball field of all time and located in shitty location?

12 hours ago, Fanpuck33 said:

Yeah. Year after year, we were developping great players and trading them away because we couldn't pay them.  The support dropped quickly.

At the end, they were lucky to get 7000 fans to the games. 

11 hours ago, DON said:

Wasn't that Olympic stadium the worst ball field of all time and located in shitty location?

And that was one of the reason why we couldn't pay them.  A game at the Olympic Stadium is boring compared to a game in an outside park like Fenway.

The location is indeed a bit shitty. Not tourist friendly to begin with.

Short of putting pen to paper on a new deal, what hasn't Tavares done to make it more than clear that he wants to stay with the Islanders?  Less than a week after Tavares made his latest statement about wanting to stay put, the Islanders aren't going to turn around and trade him, particularly for the package that's proposed in there.  It's a pipe dream.

3 hours ago, dlbalr said:

Short of putting pen to paper on a new deal, what hasn't Tavares done to make it more than clear that he wants to stay with the Islanders?  Less than a week after Tavares made his latest statement about wanting to stay put, the Islanders aren't going to turn around and trade him, particularly for the package that's proposed in there.  It's a pipe dream.

'I'm staying at Barcelona' - Neymar,   July 19th.

• Upvote 1

On 2017-08-03 at 6:26 AM, JoeLassister said:

Yeah. Year after year, we were developping great players and trading them away because we couldn't pay them.  The support dropped quickly.

At the end, they were lucky to get 7000 fans to the games. 

And that was one of the reason why we couldn't pay them.  A game at the Olympic Stadium is boring compared to a game in an outside park like Fenway.

The location is indeed a bit shitty. Not tourist friendly to begin with.

The Expos were basically cursed by an array of factors, not the least of which was the destruction of that '94 team by the combination of a players' strike and parsimonious ownership. One often-overlooked factor was the complete failure of Quebec and Canadian money to step up and buy the team. The Big O was a huge element, though. Not only was it at the furthest possible geographical point from the sport's 'natural' fans (anglos, concentrated on the west island, not the distant east end where they stupidly put that monstrosity) but it was an atrocious place to see any sporting event: cavernous and ugly except when jam-packed.

One year the Expos had to go on a weeks-long road trip because the stupid stadium was falling apart and structurally unsafe. Gawd.

Anyway, the Expos' departure soured me on MLB and, much as I enjoy the sport, I've never been able to lock in and cheer for any other team. (And please note, I'll drink my own blood before cheering for any team from Toronto). I never got over it, basically :(

23 hours ago, dlbalr said:

Not to sound like Mr. Insider (My former job was a guy connected with a lot of NHL players and even agents so I heard stuff but it could always be BS) but according to the banter, John Tavares wants to stay in New York if he doesn't stay on the Islanders. He wants to be an Islander for life and be responsible for their success (similar to Stamkos in Tampa) but if ownership can't figure out their arena situation and spend to compete for a Cup, he wants to stay in the NY area. If you pay attention to the New York Rangers, they have a burning hole in the middle and Rick Nash is a UFA soon. Even if Montreal has oodles of cap space and a spot for Tavares, the Rangers are going to be in front of them if Tavares hits the market.

On 8/3/2017 at 9:39 AM, DON said:

"As far as what it could take to land him? Easy answer: A LOT. Realistic answer? The Canadiens 2018 and 2019 1st round picks, Juulsen or Mete, Danault or Gallagher, and one of Lindgren or McNiven." 

if I could I would try the 2x 1st round pick + MaxPac + pospect  + 1x 2nd rond pick  . might be good  

1 hour ago, ehjay said:

"As far as what it could take to land him? Easy answer: A LOT. Realistic answer? The Canadiens 2018 and 2019 1st round picks, Juulsen or Mete, Danault or Gallagher, and one of Lindgren or McNiven." 

if I could I would try the 2x 1st round pick + MaxPac + pospect  + 1x 2nd rond pick  . might be good  

If Max Pac is part of it, no way it takes that much, Pacioretty may not have as high a PPG as Tavares but he has still more goals in the last 5 years. Were not trading young assets and future pieces here. The trade instantly ramps up when you are talking about trading both team's best forwards for each other, for that reason if we start throwing around loads of top picks, prospects a long with our best forward, were grossly overpaying imo.

Max Pac + Lindgren + 2018 1st rounder should be a very good offer to Start with, and it shouldn't take much more to get it done with Pacioretty involved. Maybe a 2018 2nd round for the sake of getting it done and ending the decades we have been without a true #1 Center, but that is absolutely it if Pacioretty is in the deal.

14 hours ago, Link67 said:

If Max Pac is part of it, no way it takes that much, Pacioretty may not have as high a PPG as Tavares but he has still more goals in the last 5 years. Were not trading young assets and future pieces here. The trade instantly ramps up when you are talking about trading both team's best forwards for each other, for that reason if we start throwing around loads of top picks, prospects a long with our best forward, were grossly overpaying imo.

Max Pac + Lindgren + 2018 1st rounder should be a very good offer to Start with, and it shouldn't take much more to get it done with Pacioretty involved. Maybe a 2018 2nd round for the sake of getting it done and ending the decades we have been without a true #1 Center, but that is absolutely it if Pacioretty is in the deal.

I would do that without flinching. What JT would do for the middle of the ice on Habs Team is a thing that kick start teenager things AND ohhh! "the Leadership" he would bring to this Team...